**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

So yeah....

geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★
Season 2 rewards drop. My alliance got bumped down to the top 10 of gold 1, missing platinum rewards by about 400k. It happens.
What shouldn't happen though is all the drama and nonsense. Just since yesterday, 2 popular YouTubers, a member of one of the top 3 master alliances, and a bunch of members of a plat1 alliance all received 7 day bans. The YouTubers both confessed it was for buying discount units. It's safe to assume that the plat1 alliance members were also guilty of this considering one of the YouTubers got theirs while in said alliance.

I'm not here to discuss bannings or punishments. I'm not here to call out those involved. I'm here to ask kabam why.
Why would we (the hard working, legit players) even bother to continue trying? Those alliances ahead of us are spending an astronomical amount more units to get through seasons. Turns out a bunch of them are getting them from other sources at discounted rates.
The rich are the ones that get richer in this game. It's been that way since day 1 for me. I get that. I'm just a tad salty knowing that with all the shady dealings this season, for me to miss plat3 by so little, while master groups are rigging wars for each other, or running 2* defense to maximize points, sending skilled players devices to not get caught piloting, even chatting on 3rd party apps in matchmaking groups to pick who they play!

It really seems like there is little to no chance of any casual spending players, even if highly skilled, to get anywhere past slightly above average on anything ranked.

Is this the competitiveness you wanted kabam? Guys lowering themselves to shady dealings to get ahead in your game? Is this the fun and interactive you were looking for? Only interactiveness going on is in line chats keeping the top groups on top. I'm glad you listened to the community and reversed the diversity thing for season 3. I think it's thanks to the use of the word boycott more than wanting to keep your customers happy, but whatevs. You have a very salty group of summoners right now, kabam. For guys and girls in any suspicion of cheating to be getting highly sought after rewards over the hard working, fair spending, it's literally a slap in the face.

I'm done giving you any of my hard earned money. I'm going to 1 star rate the app because of the way things are going. I urge anyone feeling the same to do the same. Only you kabam can make things right. Do away completely with the cheaters, and reward those that earned their way. Otherwise, there's really no incentive to play legit. Thanks for reading

Comments

• JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    It’s not credit card fraud.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    JRock808 wrote: »

It’s just paying someone else to do it
    No laws are broken, only the TOS.
    Moises_H wrote: »
    What would you call it then?

You can pay someone that bots arena to gift you X units worth of consumables for less than they would cost from Kabam. That’s it. This has been going on for a long time. Maybe some of the sellers buy units with stolen cards, but running a few arena bots won’t land you in jail.

You can pay someone that bots arena to gift you X units worth of consumables for less than they would cost from Kabam. That’s it. This has been going on for a long time. Maybe some of the sellers buy units with stolen cards, but running a few arena bots won’t land you in jail.

There was a YouTube who admitted today about purchasing cheap units and he showed a screenshot of his ill gotten gains, he had 9k units. That cannot be gotten by an arena bot.

Someone cloned mobile phone SIMS of random people and purchased units onto his account. That is fraud.
  • MyselfandiMyselfandi Posts: 165
    edited June 2018
    And theft. Damn. I'm in the wrong criminal game...

There was a YouTube who admitted today about purchasing cheap units and he showed a screenshot of his ill gotten gains, he had 9k units. That cannot be gotten by an arena bot.

Someone cloned mobile phone SIMS of random people and purchased units onto his account. That is fraud.

Well that’s different than the usual methids, and absolutely stupid.

Well that’s different than the usual methids, and absolutely stupid.

Way back when it happened to a certain alliance that was absolutely... core to the game, someone who had done it came out and explained it on reddit. They pay someone, that person goes on many people’s phones by cloning their SIMS and purchasing a few units here and there. This adds up and there you go, cheap units.
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104

They pay someone to scam a 3rd parties CC or mobile account.
    To me that is CC fraud. At the least it’s theft.

Also just because you didn’t actually steal the item, buying stolen goods is against the law.
  • geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★
    How did this turn into a fraudulent unit discussion? I don't care about how people cheated. I care about them ranking higher than everyone else. It's shady no matter how it's done.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    A 7 day ban is just a vacation for them. They get to come back to the game we're all playing fairly to their ill-gotten rewards. 30 day or perma ban a few of them and I guarantee this issue at least slows down.
  • geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★
    Disqualification from AW events for an extended period of time would work