**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why doesn't Special3 Crit?

Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
I've been playing this game for a long time, and often I've asked myself why Special3 are so underused compared to Sp2 (with some exceptions, of course). Granted Special 3 does always hit while Special 2 needs you to land it, the average damage/energy of Sp2 is far superior than Sp3, as most special 3 costs 50% more power but won't inflict 50% more damage than Sp2, and they can't crit at all.

The majority of the champs does benefit more from using Sp2 only, while Sp3 should be, in my opinion, a bit more powerful as it takes more to build them up. Adding a chance to crit Sp3 will make up for the difference. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    Nah, it's not in the game because reasons. We need some other ways to change/buff it.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,772 ★★★★★
    Does specials crit?

• Options
    winterthur wrote: »
    Does specials crit?

Specials 1 and 2 do.
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Maybe it's cuz special 3 is a guaranteed hit on the opponent, while special 1 and 2 could be evaded or blocked. Hence, to balance it out, crit hits don't exist on special 3.

Or maybe it simply is impossible to code it into a special 3
  • Options
    TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Its fine as it is special arent used for the damage anyway we use sp3s because the buffs or dubuffs they give are very useful for a particular fight
  • Options
    Its fine as it is special arent used for the damage anyway we use sp3s because the buffs or dubuffs they give are very useful for a particular fight

Unless the champion doesn't have any buffs or debuff on special 3, looking at you antman
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Well, sp3s did crit in the past (that was probably during beta). Don't know why they removed it though