**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Soooo how are we matching wars now??? This has to be a glitch, bug, fluke...

I’m Marvel Misfits 3 mil alliance (silver 2) and I’m fighting a 13 mil (gold 1 alliance).

fj3k8b99y52r.png
2c7pu2ho7h7p.png

Comments

• Options
    Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    Might have something to do with it being a 2 bg war? Most alliances run bg3 wars so the matchmaking is usually able to find close(ish) matches. But in 2bg it probobly couldn’t find a fair match for that alliance. This is all just assumption though. Nobody actually knows how matchmaking works (and prob not even kabam)
  • Options
    NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    8hizv3qdpa4q.gif
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Wow, the WAR RATINGs are NOT even close..... Judging at the gigantic discrepancy in Alliance Rating, looks like this is a mission impossible. Is this the "sneak preview" of how AW season 3 going to be like? ...

Luckily the "ultra-smart" AW match-making machine didn't match our alliance to Platinum tier this round. Now sure if it'll screw with us next round or not? ...
  • Options

Might have something to do with it being a 2 bg war? Most alliances run bg3 wars so the matchmaking is usually able to find close(ish) matches. But in 2bg it probobly couldn’t find a fair match for that alliance. This is all just assumption though. Nobody actually knows how matchmaking works (and prob not even kabam)

This is a 1 bg war... so I don’t know either. Lol
  • Options
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    hg47pdjudo6e.jpg

NOT EVEN CLOSE! Haha if we won it would have been 108 pts. If we lose it only takes 8 pts awAy....
  • Options
    CinjunCinjun Posts: 41
    I believe it’s set on your war rating.
  • Options
    Cinjun wrote: »

It may be, but I’ve never see this before. We usually get a 5 mil and that’s all.. but seeing the war, I ‘bout 🤮 lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I would too! Lol. It’s also set with tier. Are you at a high tier number? The alliance you’re playing could’ve been dropped down a few tiers due to cheaters, non-stop losses, etc... etc.. this has happened in my alliance and now were facing babies in strollers. Definitely don’t belong where we’re at.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★

This is a 1 bg war... so I don’t know either. Lol

Don't let the Alliance player rating fool you. Doesn't mean they are as strong as you think. If you are only doing 1 BG, then you still have a good chance of winning.
  • Options
    Batang_xBatang_x Posts: 19

The war rating isnt even close to where they should be competing against a 1700+ rating alliance.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Look at your war ratings. You are 1324 and they are 1715.

If you just round your war rating to 1500 and round their war rating to 1500, then it's a perfect match

:smiley:
  • Options
    Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    Our alliance has had match ups like this in the past. Back when we were 6-7 mil from time to time we’d be matched up against alliance 2x our alliance and war ratings. Funny it never seems to go the other way.

But at least you won’t lose many points with a loss. The loss of time sucks. Kabam needs to find a way to let leaders forfeit a match so your champs aren’t locked for 24 hrs.
  • Options

Batang_x wrote: »

The war rating isnt even close to where they should be competing against a 1700+ rating alliance.

So tell me how it works old wise one.
  • Options
    RocapRocap Posts: 222
    Batang_x wrote: »

So tell me how it works old wise one.

Yeah my alliance is in Tier 9, was Gold 3 for the season, is at 5.5m rating, and we have a 1304 war rating. Anything above 1k is honestly like Russian Roulette when your rating is that low and you're doing 1bg. You also have 20 members so add on an average of 100k maybe and boom you're up a million lol.

If you're over the underdog spot, I truly feel that. Take some losses in the off season so you have a chance of getting momentum when the season starts.