**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Version 19.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Zibiit what ever happened to EARLY this week compensation for the game going down LAST week? Is that getting pushed to NEXT week?! MAKE UP YOUR MINDS AND STOP LYING!!!

Oh my god they said the DISCUSSIONS would be early this week not the actual compensation
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    -OS - iOS 11,4
    -Device Model - iPhone 6S plus
    -Carrier -Tata docomo and IDEA
    -Wifi or Cellular Network - both
    -What issue are you experiencing? - excessive heating, game unresponsive at times, app crashing at pause fight or when left game open not playing, lag during fights
  • MoletronMoletron Posts: 43
    edited July 2018
    I actually have only one main issue...the update 2 updates ago had the Parry mechanics working smoother than any time I remember post 12.0, and it lasted for a couple of weeks, and the subsequent update rebotched it. It isn't as bad as it has been in the past 15 months at times, but whatever was done 2 updates before the most recent WAS working great
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Horrible update. I've quit using my iPad mini 4 because of all the iOS issues right now but after a lengthy arena run on my pixel 2 XL similar issue are showing up. The game is actually damaging both platforms but it's not as bad on Android. Great job. Maybe you can communicate something to the community.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Not sure if this applies to the Phone Thread, so I'll post it here.

Samsung Galaxy Tab E
    Android 7.0
    Current Version
    Arena, Master EQ

The lag is much worse. Namely the Arena and Master. Blocks won't even register. Evade is much slower than the AI. Really quite bothersome. It's like things are operating at 2 different speeds. It was bad before the Update. In fact, every month has lag in Master for me. I spent $60 on 3.2 Deadpool because the controls simply wouldn't work as fast. After 19.0, it's much worse. Pretty much all over, worse in the areas I listed. Hoping the information helps find a solution. I don't care about the spending. I just hope it gets resolved for a smoother gameplay. Thanks.
  • Gonad_the_GronkGonad_the_Gronk Posts: 14
    How about fixing the game a bit faster. It’s a mess atm. A laggy, buggy mess. I’m past annoyed. I hardly look in on the game cos I know it’s a nightmare.
  • STOPCRYINGSTOPCRYING Posts: 147
    I thought it said featured 5* and 4* would have extra pym rewards i only got it on 4* featured is this supposed to be this wayuas6bgz3rx8g.png
    gxs58zmih73m.png
    5f3ontebc9y7.png
  • IJMK_88IJMK_88 Posts: 1
    This is ridiculous. Trying to grind Arena is impossible when my phone is heating to the point where I’m worried it’s going to cause 3rd Degree burns to my fingers. I’m using an IPhone 7, had precisely zero issues with it before this update. Any information on a fix yet Kabam?
  • Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    I'd really like to know why first section of uncollected requires more energy then master or another difficulty. Dont ser gow that's relevant to the difficulty of the event.
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    why now does he constantly ask me to use google play games?
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

Samsung Galaxy Tab E
    Android 7.0
    Current Version
    Arena, Master EQ

The lag is much worse. Namely the Arena and Master. Blocks won't even register. Evade is much slower than the AI. Really quite bothersome. It's like things are operating at 2 different speeds. It was bad before the Update. In fact, every month has lag in Master for me. I spent $60 on 3.2 Deadpool because the controls simply wouldn't work as fast. After 19.0, it's much worse. Pretty much all over, worse in the areas I listed. Hoping the information helps find a solution. I don't care about the spending. I just hope it gets resolved for a smoother gameplay. Thanks.

I've been pointed here:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/62022/android-lag-and-performance-investigation#latest

To report lag issues.
  • Pablito_009Pablito_009 Posts: 14
    Estamos esperando las compensaciones por mantenimientos y los errores garrafales del juego. cuando llegaran??
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Samsung Galaxy Tab E
    Android 7.0
    Current Version
    Arena, Master EQ

I've been pointed here:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/62022/android-lag-and-performance-investigation#latest

To report lag issues.

It's really more than lag. It's been consistent with Master for me every month, but it's much worse after 19.0. There could be some variable that is useful from the Build.
  • XCABXCAB Posts: 12
    -OS - iOS 11.4
    -Device Model - iPhone 6S plus
    -Carrier -Smart
    -Wifi or Cellular Network - both
    -What issue are you experiencing? - excessive heating, app crashing and happens during long fights in LOL
  • GSTAR21GSTAR21 Posts: 168
    Bertyb wrote: »
    My favorite part about this update is how it makes the game literally unplayable.

If I wasn't clear, the game is down. Again. Also water is wet.

Water isn't wet. Anything solid that water touches is wet, but not water itself B)
  • Mini_GrMini_Gr Posts: 31
    Put your phone in battery saver mode it helps alot.
    At moment the bug in game is having an adverse memory leak causing CPU to heat up to the point the Os takes over and throttles the performance in an attempt to reduce temp unfortunately the Os does this to the point your entire phone system is slow or unresponsive, rebooting will not fix this the phone needs to cool down to the point it feels the performance can resume as normal.
    I've been testing and monitoring temp increase and notice with 23mins the CPU is 30 degrees hotter and approaching the 65 degree threshold my Samsung s7 edge will throttle performance.
    The bug seems to be a line of code that errors and retry command over and over, there's seems to be no kill command after x times fails command hence a memory leak/CPU usage higher than normal.
    I would suggest Kabam look at either examining all code that's new in update or resenting the update yo our devices In case of corrupt code or package when uploaded to app store, this has happened before on android devices.
  • SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 341 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    whoops... wrong thread to bump
    So we have multiple issues here let’s list down for compensation before they forget

1)we had an emergency issue for almost 8+ hours so nothing came back
    2) we have phone burning up issues still going on since the update and no news for how long like this
    3) AQ cockup with tiers no news whatsoever or rather fix the brackets or rewards
  • RevoltinRevoltin Posts: 7
    iPhone X phone is getting hot ! After some fights is unplayable. I will not play this game anymore till a fix is up on the phone.
    iPad Pro the game has issue with taking long log in to the game. Parry and Special are not working as they should . I can parry only from long distance . Specials dosen’t enter after a combo !
    Am tired of endless waiting and this sucks guys , only way is uninstall the game and never install hope this will give some solace to mind
  • OldgearOldgear Posts: 19
    And the new 19.0 it is super hot,isn’t it?
  • Barney_Ross1Barney_Ross1 Posts: 6
    @Kabam Miike can we please get an iPhone update. I can barely play with my phone continually overheating. This is going to seriously damage a lot of your player base phones.
  • iamthegodofwariamthegodofwar Posts: 74
    V19.0 marks the end of MCOC. Let’s move on guys and find a better game that won’t damage our phone.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Why is this going on so long? I have to play over one of my house A/C vents just to keep it cool. This is crazy!
  • TKSTKS Posts: 15
    R.i.P. MCOC
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Load screen 101, it should never be pure white... That's asking for significant power drain.... Especially how many load screens are required to navigate through this game .... Yes I know it's ghost theme but just for kabam future consideration..
  • michaelvc9michaelvc9 Posts: 49
    @Kabam Miike can we please get an iPhone update. I can barely play with my phone continually overheating. This is going to seriously damage a lot of your player base phones.

They dont do anything mi phone is broke for overhiting dosent work anymore they dont care