**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Paco323Paco323 Posts: 1
    Iphone X has frozen several times and then rebooting. Phone gets extremely hot since the new update. When will these issues get resolve?! Kabam should focus on working on these issues as fast as the debit our credit cards when we purchase something.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    Hey All,

I have a minor update for you all. Unfortunately, it is not "the cure". It looks like the worst offenders in this thread are all iOS Devices on iOS 11.4. iOS 11.4 has a known issue with Battery Drain, and there might be something in game that is exacerbating this. We believe we may have found some of the causes of this problem, and are currently pursuing fixes for them. We're still not 100% sure at this time, but believe that we are getting closer.

I know this isn't much information, but it's all we have right now. We'll let you know as soon as we have more information.

a update
  • SligSlig Posts: 342 ★★
    Install 11.4 on your phone and help us out then.
  • FLYERFLYER Posts: 66
    It’s hard to believe this wasn’t caught during the testing phase of development. You mean to tell me none of the testers used a iPhone and played for more than 15 minutes? This isn’t random

This isn't an issue affecting all users, or even all iPhone Users on 11.4. I play on a iPhone 7plus (on iOS 12 Beta though) and haven't had any issues, and believe me, I've been trying so that I can help get a reproduction case going.

But still you have 800 comments from people that have the same issue!!
  • SligSlig Posts: 342 ★★
    It would be nice to hear if aq and aw will be delayed or not. If they are going to go forward, many people may want to take a break so as to not screw over the rest of their alliance.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    It’s hard to believe this wasn’t caught during the testing phase of development. You mean to tell me none of the testers used a iPhone and played for more than 15 minutes? This isn’t random

This isn't an issue affecting all users, or even all iPhone Users on 11.4. I play on a iPhone 7plus (on iOS 12 Beta though) and haven't had any issues, and believe me, I've been trying so that I can help get a reproduction case going.

Fair enough.

But surely replication of the issue isn’t what’s required here to take it seriously? It’s more than a handful affected, and I have ally mates who have switched devices to be able to play today so they don’t risk their phones. What you’re getting here is probably just a smattering of the entire population affected by the issue.

Not trying to jump you—appreciate you coming on and commenting. But I don’t want this to get memory-holed simply because it hasn’t been reproduced in the game team environs.

Dr. Zola
  • NilpoNilpo Posts: 19
    The game is running fine for me on Pixel 2 with Android 8.1.1.

I, for one, and glad to see Apple users finally experiencing the pain that Android users have had for nearly every update since the game's inception. Maybe Android users will finally have a shot at some Legends titles.

Thank you for update , i think we all know that patch 19.0.0 is a problem to some devices . But what can we conucide when there is no statement to say how, what and when this problem will be fixed. We all want this problem fixed as soon as possible. Getting a update from Kabam is like a dentist pulling teeth standing on your chest.
  • Carme1974Carme1974 Posts: 231
    I can‘t Play over 5 minutes. My iphone7 shut down. That is no good for the device. Please fix it. All other Games works fine.
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    Nilpo wrote: »

I, for one, and glad to see Apple users finally experiencing the pain that Android users have had for nearly every update since the game's inception. Maybe Android users will finally have a shot at some Legends titles.

A bit of a dark opinion, but I understand...and your frustration really shows the level of toxicity they’ve created amongst us. This is not how to achieve balance! Anyway, here is to hoping they can refactor the code and optimize it for both platforms. Fingers crossed.
  • Smitty138Smitty138 Posts: 104
    Game is causing severe overheating of my phone and general unresponsiveness.. Feels like my phone could go into thermal meltdown at any moment when running Contest... ALSO have noticed many of my titles are now missing... I have a couple ally mates that are saying the same thing... Titles that were there before the update are now missing... Also the game itself is running horrendously... Choppy lag, heavies out of nowhere, dropped blocks.... I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 running Nougat... Please fix this... @Kabam Miike @Kabam Spice @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Loto
  • TRETRE Posts: 66
    edited July 2018
    Can we expect an update on the issue any time soon? I’m going to stop playing until this gets fixed. Whatever is going on is affecting some of my phone’s functionality as well as interferring with other apps like Pandora Radio.

Very frustrating!

I am curious, how is testing done? Do they have a bank of devices on different OS platforms/versions to regression test with, or is it more or less a couple devices on a couple OS versions? How long and in what modes do they play? Or is there only time for testing what has changed with each rev? Just looking to understand, not being argumentative or accusatory.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Nilpo wrote: »

I have a pixel 2 XL and while no where near comparable to my iPad mini 4 it's affected too. After about 20-25 arena matches the phone starts getting warm and acts goofy. My wallpaper was blown out of proportion and the game and phone were sluggish. This is a bigger problem than iOS.
    I've played on both platforms for a while and whatever problems you've seen with Android they are nowhere close to what's going on with apple right now.
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    now my phone won't be charged at all, thanks Kabam !!!

iphone 7+

If a device shuts down its a warning that something is wrong. It might not boot up, You just don't know. How many times must a device shut down before it fails to restart. Overheating on any electronics devices cannot be good . Not sure what damage to overheating , then a sudden drop in temperature with shut down, then overheating when you restart game to play. I feel i got to wait for a statement to say that this problem has been fixed.

All Game Mode are affected by this problem

Not safe. Play at your own risk, your device is in jeopardy.
    D_Ace_71 wrote: »

I am curious, how is testing done? Do they have a bank of devices on different OS platforms/versions to regression test with, or is it more or less a couple devices on a couple OS versions? How long and in what modes do they play? Or is there only time for testing what has changed with each rev? Just looking to understand, not being argumentative or accusatory.

Mike can play game , so its not that bad a problem. Lets hope they find the devices before they die,
  • SkymastrSkymastr Posts: 46
    İ just gonna download ios 12 public beta 2 lets see its work or not
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    The fact that it is happening to so many but not everybody with the exact same devices and versions is what truly confuses me. Based on this one would assume maybe it has something to do with other apps conflicting but that’s not the case. In an effort to isolate an issue I have:

-Deleted app and reinstalled
    - recovered from a back up
    - erased device and then loaded back up
    - and did a factory reset and just started new.

Granted, since the first time my phone completely locked up and I had to wait for it to overheat and shut down I haven’t pushed it that far, but I still get the same “warning signs” if you wanna call it that.
    -5 minutes after opening game even if you don’t do anything gets incredibly hot
    - after that, load times are horrendous and lag sets in
    - battery drops 2-4% in that time

As concerned as I am about affects on my phone (I deleted the app and won’t reinstall until this is sorted) I am just absolutely confused as to why it’s not happening to everyone but soooo many..?? The fact that it still happens on a factory refresh tells me it’s not a conflict with other apps, its Probably not iOS 11.4, not nECESSARILY 19.0…?

@Kabam Miike
    I’m not extremely knowledgeable about this subject but could it possibly have something to do with servers we may be connecting to? Maybe a bug, virus, DataPacket surge (made that one up) on specific servers?
  • GeisønGeisøn Posts: 39
    iPhone 7 (Apple)
    Overheating. You can not stay in the game for 5 minutes.
    WiMak wrote: »
    The fact that it is happening to so many but not everybody with the exact same devices and versions is what truly confuses me. Based on this one would assume maybe it has something to do with other apps conflicting but that’s not the case. In an effort to isolate an issue I have:

Granted, since the first time my phone completely locked up and I had to wait for it to overheat and shut down I haven’t pushed it that far, but I still get the same “warning signs” if you wanna call it that.

As concerned as I am about affects on my phone (I deleted the app and won’t reinstall until this is sorted) I am just absolutely confused as to why it’s not happening to everyone but soooo many..?? The fact that it still happens on a factory refresh tells me it’s not a conflict with other apps, its Probably not iOS 11.4, not nECESSARILY 19.0…?

I’m not extremely knowledgeable about this subject but could it possibly have something to do with servers we may be connecting to? Maybe a bug, virus, DataPacket surge (made that one up) on specific servers?

I suspect it is happening to more people than are reporting it here. And others simply don’t notice if it doesn’t actually lock up. Rule is: if it is reported 5 times, it is probably happening 20. As they try to reproduce it, so they can then step back on that actual device to see what hapened...all we can do is wait. By now, hopefully they have bitten the bullet, bought more devices, loaded more OS versions, and are just pounding away on them. If they are playing in a debug mode, that could even impact results. Tricky thing. Pull out all the stops, before they have serious cost/health issues or this gets too public.... Then again....
  • DrZola wrote: »

Fair enough.

But surely replication of the issue isn’t what’s required here to take it seriously? It’s more than a handful affected, and I have ally mates who have switched devices to be able to play today so they don’t risk their phones. What you’re getting here is probably just a smattering of the entire population affected by the issue.

Not trying to jump you—appreciate you coming on and commenting. But I don’t want this to get memory-holed simply because it hasn’t been reproduced in the game team environs.

Dr. Zola

Replication of the issue is not what's required for us to take it seriously. In fact, this is our #1 issue that we're working on right now. Replication of the issue helps us to be able to figure out what's happening. The reply that you're referring to was in response to a question about why this was not caught before it went out.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    Did a few things to try and isolate an issue thinking maybe it had to do with a conflict with another app. Only thing I could think of.

- delete app and reinstall
    – restore from backup
    – erase phone and load back up
    – factory reset start new

Same problems

Since it’s affecting so many but not everyone makes me think its not devices, not iOS 11.4, maybe not even necessarily 19.0

I’m not terribly knowledgeable on the subject but could it have something to do with the SERVERS people are connecting to? Maybe a bug, virus, DataPacket surge (made that up) on certain servers??
  • Dr_Gonzo_IIIDr_Gonzo_III Posts: 24
    iPhone 7+
    IOS 11.4
    Overheating and repeatedly shutting down
    No other apps are affected
  • NilpoNilpo Posts: 19
    D_Ace_71 wrote: »
    A bit of a dark opinion, but I understand...and your frustration really shows the level of toxicity they’ve created amongst us. This is not how to achieve balance! Anyway, here is to hoping they can refactor the code and optimize it for both platforms. Fingers crossed.
    Well said on all points. I couldn't agree more.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »

Fair enough.

Dr. Zola

Replication of the issue is not what's required for us to take it seriously. In fact, this is our #1 issue that we're working on right now. Replication of the issue helps us to be able to figure out what's happening. The reply that you're referring to was in response to a question about why this was not caught before it went out.

Excellent. Glad to hear it’s top priority. I would like very much to play tomorrow without potentially harming my phone.

Good luck.

Dr. Zola
  • Batang_xBatang_x Posts: 19
    edited July 2018
    Seriously tho, Im wasting not using my energy refills because my iphone keeps overheating to the point it automatically kicks me out of the game.

lnde98ixrgnc.png
    WiMak wrote: »

I do like this community, trying to fix this problem. I did have a problem with 3rd party keyboard. during game and reboots. 3rd party keyboard no longer default. This is new now , but not really sure
This discussion has been closed.