**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    choppman42choppman42 Posts: 38
    doesn't the ios beta program cost $99 a year?
  • Options
    @choppman42 the public beta is free. You might be referring to the developer beta that is strictly for app developers?
  • Options
    choppman42choppman42 Posts: 38
    ok, i was trying to figure out how to install the beta. inet says need $99 to join the beta program.
  • Options
    @choppman42 Idk if we can post links or not, but go to idmsa[dot]apple[dot]com, and it should prompt you to sign in with your Apple ID to begin the process.
  • Options
    @choppman42 Idk if we can post links or not, but go to idmsa[dot]apple[dot]com, and it should prompt you to sign in with your Apple ID to begin the process.

My bad, that wasn’t the direct link. Just search for the public beta on apple’s website
  • Options
    ManicsManics Posts: 1
    I have reported this issue to Apple in the hope that they can step in.
    I purchased £55 worth of offers on July 4th in good faith that all of the downtime issues/lagging etc would be fixed.
    Today I’ve attempted to 100% Act 5.1 which I needed the units for revives, hence the buying of offers.
    However my phone has overheated several times, the screen goes blank mid fight, the white circle appears and the shuts down.
    The fight then restarts all over again when I reload the game!
    Anyway Apple have refunded me the £55 and have said they will be contacting the app developer for information. No idea if they will or not.

I love and hate this game so much.
    Using iPhone 5c
    Latest iOS
    Mostly on data 4g
    Three network (uk)
  • Options
    LotrfnmLotrfnm Posts: 8
    WiMak wrote: »
    Sorry Wimack, I need to hijack your Top Post!

Hey everybody, we're looking to get some more information for us to investigate the cause of this issue.

If you are here to report issues like the ones that others are listing, please give us the following information:

OS
    Device Model
    Carrier
    Wifi or Cellular Network

Thank you all of you that have already given us this information. We are working on figuring out exactly what you might be experiencing, and why.

- Miike

Ever since I downloaded the new update my phone has been acting… Let’s call it weird. First, all buttons on iPhone 7 Plus became unresponsive. Volume, home, power, even lock switch. Could still navigate the game but would not let me exit until I finally did a hard shutdown (wouldn’t allow soft shut down) my phone has NEVER done this before.

Next, after just a little bit of use the game starts glitching horrendously and load times between flights was about 5 times longer.

Other apps, like line, got stuck on loading screen.

Is it just me or anyone else…?

Hey everybody, we're looking to get some more information for us to investigate the cause of this issue.

If you are here to report issues like the ones that others are listing, please give us the following information:

OS
    Device Model
    Carrier
    Wifi or Cellular Network

Thank you all of you that have already given us this information. We are working on figuring out exactly what you might be experiencing, and why.

- Miike

Ever since I downloaded the new update my phone has been acting… Let’s call it weird. First, all buttons on iPhone 7 Plus became unresponsive. Volume, home, power, even lock switch. Could still navigate the game but would not let me exit until I finally did a hard shutdown (wouldn’t allow soft shut down) my phone has NEVER done this before.

Next, after just a little bit of use the game starts glitching horrendously and load times between flights was about 5 times longer.

OS
    Device Model
    Carrier
    Wifi or Cellular Network

- Miike

OS
    Device Model
    Carrier
    Wifi or Cellular Network

- Miike

device: iPhone 7 (also reports of iPhone 6 and android devices overheating, https://redd.it/8vwxvw )

Issue: since a day or so ago and especially after the update, phone overheats and even restarts itself at times while playing. I have actually done a factory reset to see if the issue gets resolved...but it still persists.

I’m having similar issues since I downloaded the new update. My iPhone started to freeze and became unresponsive. In-game, after playing for more than 10 minutes, sometimes it just shows a black screen and the app shoots down.

iOS 11.4
    iPhone 7
    Rogers
    Wifi and Cellular Network
  • Options
    InfineosInfineos Posts: 126
    both of my phone got issue

IOS 11.4
    iphone 6 and 5s
    Telkomsel (Indonesia)
    Wifi and Cellular Network

i notice when playing using wifi it got hot faster than on celluar. Battery drained quite fast.
    I got this same issue last 2 months then previous update (pre 19.0) it works fine, but post this update this issue come again.

try to login game with Samsung S8 no issue at all.
  • Options
    XaerojrXaerojr Posts: 2
    Hello, im also experiencing some issues @Kabam Miike
    Iphone 6s
    IOS 11.3.1 AT&T (MEX)
    Cellular Network and WIFI
    Phone is getting really hot, experiencing lag issues and even crashing game with an "Error" message.
  • Options
    RoadRunRoadRun Posts: 1
    Ios 11.4
    iphone 7
    Verizon
    Only play on wifi

Get about 15 mins of play since the last update before my phone becomes exetremely warm to the touch and I shut down MCOC to prevent an overheat. Previously had IOS 11.4 with no issues playing MCOC. Guess I will just stop playing until this is fixed.
  • Options
    ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    ctp1223 wrote: »
    Alright Summoners!

We're in need of your help! We're looking for a fairly Tech Savvy player that is seeing this occur often/can reproduce this easily, that planned on updating to the iOS 12 Beta, or is willing to update to the Beta to help us test some things out. We'll need to make sure that you are able to back up your device as is, and are able to revert if the Beta causes unintended interactions with the game or other parts of your phone.

If you're interested and willing to help, please let me know what Device you are currently using. I'll be corresponding with the team to help you through the process.

Just to help make sure that we're choosing the correct Summoner, you'll first need to know how to join the Beta program, and update to it.

if things go south, what is the plan? I'm sure nothing will because of a backup.

Also, I am not trying to micro-analyze this, but I'm afraid it happened anyway- does this mean that a fix is coming to iOS 12 only?

Oh that's not what it means! We're looking to find out if this is an interaction with iOS 11.4, especially for those that have been experiencing it a lot. We're looking into how our 19.0 build is functioning with 11.4, and what could be exacerbating these issues.

From what we can see, players across many different iOS and Android are having some issues, but none more than 11.4. We want to know if updating to 12 helps at all.

Also, to answer your first question, the only plan I have is to revert back to your backup. Not as an official endorsement or anything, but I have not been having any problems with iOS 12. In fact, I've been enjoying it more than 11.

the iOS 12 beta you mean. iOS 12 won't be out till the end of the summer/September afaik
  • Options
    AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    I have been very optimistic and keep skeptical to all posts even I faced the same issue the first time yesterday. And I realized now I can just played the game for around 10mins (around 2 arena streaks) before my phone get very hot and game start to become lag.

Now I agree with everybody else, this is way worst than other bugs or issues (aside from the most recent downtime).

Kabam, if you have a new programming team, please ask them to check on memory leaks... there maybe the rootcause of it. If they can’t even know how and trace down memory leaks, you should change them.
  • Options
    Johanson86Johanson86 Posts: 7
    iOS 11.4
    iPhone 7+
    Maxis (MY)
    WiFi and cellular network

*****All effects:
    iPhone heats up (normal quest can last for 10 minutes, Arena can last for 5 minutes) before phone is too hot to hold.
    Button unresponsive (now ok)
    No sound (now ok)
    Lagging when phone starting to heat up.

Please resolve it sooner or else we can’t play at all.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Chen wrote: »
    Alright Summoners!

We're in need of your help! We're looking for a fairly Tech Savvy player that is seeing this occur often/can reproduce this easily, that planned on updating to the iOS 12 Beta, or is willing to update to the Beta to help us test some things out. We'll need to make sure that you are able to back up your device as is, and are able to revert if the Beta causes unintended interactions with the game or other parts of your phone.

If you're interested and willing to help, please let me know what Device you are currently using. I'll be corresponding with the team to help you through the process.

Just to help make sure that we're choosing the correct Summoner, you'll first need to know how to join the Beta program, and update to it.

That's a really poor way of developing software by asking your user base to install a beta version of the OS. If this is effecting a large user base and can be detrimental to people's phones you should be pulling your version of your software and reverting back to V18 and troubleshooting V19 in your environment not your users environment. If you've been tracking your thread from April this issue has occurred even before V18. Since you didn't address the issue beforehand the issue is probably deep in the coding and will be much harder to find since you don't know exactly which version or coding is causing the problem.

Since prior to V19 didn't effect as many users I would recommend you pull V19 till you can fix the problems. That would be the proper way developing software. Even Apple is recommending we do not play your game because of these issues.

I suspect this is an older problem that's been built apon to a breaking point. I would see this issue to a much smaller degree previously and you could play around it most of the time. Now it's done. I could be wrong though, it might have been a totally different issue. Unfortunately I don't think there will be a good fix anytime soon.
  • Options
    ChenChen Posts: 115
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Chen wrote: »
    Alright Summoners!

That's a really poor way of developing software by asking your user base to install a beta version of the OS. If this is effecting a large user base and can be detrimental to people's phones you should be pulling your version of your software and reverting back to V18 and troubleshooting V19 in your environment not your users environment. If you've been tracking your thread from April this issue has occurred even before V18. Since you didn't address the issue beforehand the issue is probably deep in the coding and will be much harder to find since you don't know exactly which version or coding is causing the problem.

Since prior to V19 didn't effect as many users I would recommend you pull V19 till you can fix the problems. That would be the proper way developing software. Even Apple is recommending we do not play your game because of these issues.

I suspect this is an older problem that's been built apon to a breaking point. I would see this issue to a much smaller degree previously and you could play around it most of the time. Now it's done. I could be wrong though, it might have been a totally different issue. Unfortunately I don't think there will be a good fix anytime soon.

I believe its definitely an older problem that thu haven’t addressed and they have added more content that may have affected more users hence why there are so many complaints now. Prople have been complaining about it for a while now and since they are addressing it now that means they have ignored their previous thread or it was extremely low on their priority list. Again, they should have pulled v19 after they started seeing mulitple usets having the same problem vs letting it sit out there over a weekend. If the game wasn’t so reliant on alliances it wouldn’t be a big issue, id just stop playing till it was fixed. But if you stip playing now you are most likely going to be kicked from your alliance at no fault of your own. The gameis in a broken state but yet Kabam ignores it and continues on. Sad to say but hope this issue is effecting the whales as that might make kabam actually pull their update.
  • Options
    Bryman187 wrote: »

As far as these most recent performance issues(chronic and accelerated overheating and springboard crashes) they are most likely caused by overtaxing the CPU/GPU. Probably mostly the latter. @Kabam Miike is it possible that the new pause/buff info screen is coded as such that it is constantly running in the background in order to be able to immediately pull down buff information to be displayed at a moments notice if paused? Is it possible that that could be constantly taxing the CPU/GPU and causing the excess heat and crashing? Might be a place to point the game team as it’s one of the few significant user facing changes made to the game in v19.0.

This was my suspicion as well. Something has to be taking up resources in a dynamic fashion and this was the only part of the 19.0 that I was aware of that can do that.
  • Options
    Emp2Emp2 Posts: 1
    iPad 6th gen. Game restarts often. Not a nice new feature. iOS 11.4
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Alright Summoners!

iPhone 6s. I'm all backed up and set to 12.0 beta.

EDIT: my iPhone is backed up, not me.
  • Options
    SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    [quote
    Bryman187 wrote: »
    I have also been experiencing issues since the 19.0 update. Accelerated temperature increases and full springboard crashes(not application crashes, but springboard crashes as others are reporting). In all my years owning iOS devices I have never witnessed a third party app that had something so wrong in the release build that it managed to actually crash the whole springboard. This is a serious issue. I’ve looked at my logs and there are several logs indicating ‘JetsamEvents’ which are related to low memory. These logs specifically note Contest of Champions(marvelbattle) as the largest process running at the time of the event and are dated starting on the day the update was released.

It has been fairly obvious since the introduction of weather that the memory demands of this game are increasing constantly. The game can’t even be suspended in the background in most cases without the iOS killing the background process to free up memory. It seems that the resource demands of this game are getting out of control. So much so that the performance problems are becoming a widespread and constantly growing issue.

As far as these most recent performance issues(chronic and accelerated overheating and springboard crashes) they are most likely caused by overtaxing the CPU/GPU. Probably mostly the latter. @Kabam Miike is it possible that the new pause/buff info screen is coded as such that it is constantly running in the background in order to be able to immediately pull down buff information to be displayed at a moments notice if paused? Is it possible that that could be constantly taxing the CPU/GPU and causing the excess heat and crashing? Might be a place to point the game team as it’s one of the few significant user facing changes made to the game in v19.0.

I’ve attached screenshots of the logs and I’ll post this as a new thread in general as well just to make sure it gets read by an admin. Thanks.

7qjulnxn0pcz.png
    15vvlyfpqb9d.png

iOS 11.4
    iPhone 7 Plus
    T-Mobile
    WiFi and cellular

Great analysis mate, I already said this in few comments earlier was also suspecting that new buff pause feature could be killing it running in the background as thread, also this problem v19 added to fewer earlier versions and now it’s become a monster
  • Options
    TRETRE Posts: 66
    Add not being able to take screen shots and not being able to select, view, nor edit my photos in my native Photos app to the list of problems caused by 19.0. I can’t continue playimg this game in its current state.
  • Options
    DeckardDeckard Posts: 31
    Upgrading to iOS 12 beta 2 might be a solution for some. I did it last night and so far it looks ok.
  • Options
    JimmyJohnJonesJimmyJohnJones Posts: 81
    Same issue here with iPhone and iPad running extremely hot. Neither is showing other symptoms but running too hot nearly to touch.

iPhone 7+
    Sprint but mostly played on WiFi

iPad Air 2
    Same as above

I just did the logout of Game Center, uninstall/reinstall, power cycle so we’ll see if that helps.

Just an update, I updated to iOS 12 beta and played for an hour or so. The Game Center logout helped reduce some of the heat output but the update seems to have eliminated it to a large degree. Perhaps some of the under the hood enhancements in 12 have enabled it to better handle the increasing resource costs of v19.0?
  • Options
    ZestyStonerZestyStoner Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    @Kabam Miike

Here’s a very sure way to replicate our problems. Do at least 15 rounds of arena. The phone gets unusually hotter while in arena mode. It gets really hot until it starts to lag then the screen blacks out to a loading circle like all of us experienced.Other modes like questing and stuff takes time.

Arena is the sure fire way u can replicate our problems. Also a very helpful youtuber discovered that turning off Game Center and hard reboot your phone helps slightly. Hope this helps.

I think if you can’t replicate our problems on your side is a bigger problem than itself! Thanks!
  • Options
    brok3nbrok3n Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    hi
  • Options
    SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Alright Summoners!

I actually updated to 12 today on my iPad 2017 to see if it would help, iPad stayed on for a little while longer then on 11.4. But it still eventually did a force restart. I have an iPhone 8 Plus too that has iOS 12 installed on it, but I don’t really play MCoC much on it.
  • Options
    TracerTracer Posts: 2
    I

OS
    Device Model
    Carrier
    Wifi or Cellular Network

- Miike

OS
    Device Model
    Carrier
    Wifi or Cellular Network

- Miike

OS
    Device Model
    Carrier
    Wifi or Cellular Network

- Miike

OS
    Device Model
    Carrier
    Wifi or Cellular Network

- Miike

OS
    Device Model
    Carrier
    Wifi or Cellular Network

- Miike

OS
    Device Model
    Carrier
    Wifi or Cellular Network

- Miike

OS
    Device Model
    Carrier
    Wifi or Cellular Network

- Miike

This discussion has been closed.