**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

30 MIN TIMERs HAVE BEEN GREAT

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Dimples800 wrote: »
    Why not get rid of timers forever. More people that work and lead social lives would play. If they weren’t restricted by TIME

Time is a li
    smdam38 wrote: »
    I'll bump it.
    Not every alliance can play 24x7.
    We play for fun. Not really competitive in terms of top whatever.
    Just for fun.

I have never seen a "good" argument for not having 30 minute timers.
    Even an AQ energy item would work.

I've never seen a good arguement for 30 minute timers. You dont have time to do it with an hr well that's on you.
    You allow a game to stress you out? Yup on you.

The fact that the overwhelming majority of the player base finds 30 minute timers make AQ more enjoyable is a good argument.

Not really I bet the entire community would like every 5 star added to their roster does that also make it a good idea?

No, they wouldn't. Make a poll. Most of us don't want the game broken. But the game is supposed to be fun, and most of us find that shorter timers make it more fun. I'm afraid your analogy is broken.
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    @Dropfaith and @GroundedWisdom speak for the community. Whatever they say goes... at least they think so. Just ignore them. They’re only here to get your goat.

Everyone else on this thread has common sense and well intentions for the general community. Those 2 just want to argue for arguments sake.

Unfortunately, Kabam has little sense these days and seemingly not interested with what would make the community happy... good game mechanics, stability, communication, better offers with realistic prices, shorter timers (which they know most people want or they wouldnt offer as compensation), etc.

Flag away you two, I’m not long for this game at this rate anyway.

Have a look at my Profile. Does it look like I have much interest in spamming Flags? Not so much. Can't be bothered. It's not what they're for.
    I speak for myself, and Drop speaks for themselves. Just because we don't agree with the majority doesn't mean we're trying to get someone's goat.
    It's been discussed countless times over the course of a few years. Their reasons are their own for keeping 1-Hour Timers. I jut happen to agree with the need because I have guys that are affected by the shorter ones. Believe it or not, people can actually disagree without being chastised.

You’re choices in this game are a one off. And sorry to say majority rules. A wise man once said many years ago, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. You’re the few.

The reasons for 1 hours from Kabam are poor. They “did the math” for the amount of nodes needed for movement. But they don’t play the game just like you don’t. And just saying it’s always been that way is a poor argument. Asking for change is ok. You’re just stuck as a lowbie and don’t know how it is to actually play this game. Especially the end game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    @Dropfaith and @GroundedWisdom speak for the community. Whatever they say goes... at least they think so. Just ignore them. They’re only here to get your goat.

Everyone else on this thread has common sense and well intentions for the general community. Those 2 just want to argue for arguments sake.

Unfortunately, Kabam has little sense these days and seemingly not interested with what would make the community happy... good game mechanics, stability, communication, better offers with realistic prices, shorter timers (which they know most people want or they wouldnt offer as compensation), etc.

Have a look at my Profile. Does it look like I have much interest in spamming Flags? Not so much. Can't be bothered. It's not what they're for.
    I speak for myself, and Drop speaks for themselves. Just because we don't agree with the majority doesn't mean we're trying to get someone's goat.
    It's been discussed countless times over the course of a few years. Their reasons are their own for keeping 1-Hour Timers. I jut happen to agree with the need because I have guys that are affected by the shorter ones. Believe it or not, people can actually disagree without being chastised.

You’re choices in this game are a one off. And sorry to say majority rules. A wise man once said many years ago, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. You’re the few.

The reasons for 1 hours from Kabam are poor. They “did the math” for the amount of nodes needed for movement. But they don’t play the game just like you don’t. And just saying it’s always been that way is a poor argument. Asking for change is ok. You’re just stuck as a lowbie and don’t know how it is to actually play this game. Especially the end game.

I see. So because you want what you want, no one else is valid, even if they have valid issues, and the entire system should favor a majority because of what Maps they're running. Curious to see how that game would survive if it was designed as such. It would be a plateau, followed by an endless loop. Eventually, people would all turn on each other because no one would get anywhere. Wait a second....as you were.

I see. So because you want what you want, no one else is valid, even if they have valid issues, and the entire system should favor a majority because of what Maps they're running. Curious to see how that game would survive if it was designed as such. It would be a plateau, followed by an endless loop. Eventually, people would all turn on each other because no one would get anywhere. Wait a second....as you were.

Great nothing post. Thanks for taking up space and time.

The issues you have put forth have been resolved by many others in this thread. You choose not to accept them. Instead you argue against valid solutions and still toe that line about “bad for everyone”.

The issues are resolved by the current Timer. Sorry.
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Damn, wish we can get punished this week too.
    Picking your favorite champion and adding them to your roster wouldn't be fun?
    Yea thought so. More fun isnt a good arguement for it at all

You don’t do analogies I guess if you can’t see the difference. But actually it wouldn’t be that fun. Getting whatever you want in a game makes the game boring

Nope your alliance still struggles. Maybe it’s not timers it’s poor leadership.

Have fun living in the dark like a cult follower.

Nope your alliance still struggles. Maybe it’s not timers it’s poor leadership.

Have fun living in the dark like a cult follower.

Now you're just resorting to digs. Which would bother me, if I cared. Not so much, though.
    For the last time, what Map people are running has nothing to do with what I said. We're not struggling. We play what we want. The problem is Time Zones and scheduling. Not where we are in the Ranking. The design is an hour for a reason. Sorry you don't like it. I'm about done talking to you about it, though. It's becoming an example of what is wrong with this community. People can't stand to disagree without resorting to petty attacks. We're done.
    The one who is berating is you. I said my view. You've been responding with various personal undertones. I haven't even addressed you. If you can't accept the issues it causes, that's not my problem. I said we're done. If anyone else wants to discuss it with me, I'm more than happy to. Your tone has been pointed since you first commented to me, and I'm not your punching bag. Bye Felicia.

You don’t do analogies I guess if you can’t see the difference. But actually it wouldn’t be that fun. Getting whatever you want in a game makes the game boring

So do half hr timers.. my international guy did 2 fights last weeks aq. You think he had fun?

My international guy misses section 3 every AQ and can’t ever fight the boss....except when we have 30 minute timers. What’s your point? Nothing is going to be perfect for everyone. But we know which works better for the vast majority

So do half hr timers.. my international guy did 2 fights last weeks aq. You think he had fun?

My international guy misses section 3 every AQ and can’t ever fight the boss....except when we have 30 minute timers. What’s your point? Nothing is going to be perfect for everyone. But we know which works better for the vast majority

The vast majority, as in people who come on the Forum and run Maps 5 and 6?
    Nah son. Your tone is a constant berating and back handed attacking people. I do accept the issues, and not all will be happy. But the majority will. And the majority is based on responses on the forums over the past years, responses on Reddit over the past years, and responses on Line/Discord/Game chat etc over the past years. And you can’t accept the positives they would also cause. And I thought you were done. So Bye Felicia.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. Let us get back on topic and discuss how we can properly go about swaying Kabam to change to 30 minute timers.

We have heard from all sides and it seems that majority are for this. Now the burden falls on us to discuss more with Kabam.
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 160
    @GroundedWisdom if they changed the timers to 30 minutes that doesn’t mean your guys have to log in more often. The map would still be the same length so they could still log in at there normal times and complete the map without having to log in any more times than they do now. Others could log in more if they wanted to. I seem to remember in a post a while back you said that you don’t have to do everything in the game and it’s your choice and that you should just do what you can. You could still complete the map as you normally do but if other alliances chose to log in more often then they could complete the map faster and that would be there choice. 30 min timers wouldn’t change a thing for those who want to take it slow. They wouldn’t need to feel pressured to log in anymore than they do now. We just want that choice.
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 160
    And I do hope everyone in here stops arguing back and forth with gw because it’s going to get this thread shut down. He literally disagrees with everyone in every thread. Every thread he’s in turns into an argument so please just try an ignore him somewhat. Just don’t respond to him. This thread is important and I don’t think most people in here want it shut down. Thanks guys.
    Chicken wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom if they changed the timers to 30 minutes that doesn’t mean your guys have to log in more often. The map would still be the same length so they could still log in at there normal times and complete the map without having to log in any more times than they do now. Others could log in more if they wanted to. I seem to remember in a post a while back you said that you don’t have to do everything in the game and it’s your choice and that you should just do what you can. You could still complete the map as you normally do but if other alliances chose to log in more often then they could complete the map faster and that would be there choice. 30 min timers wouldn’t change a thing for those who want to take it slow. They wouldn’t need to feel pressured to log in anymore than they do now. We just want that choice.

The point I made is I have guys in opposite Time Zones that don't get to participate because when the Timers are shorter, the Maps are done by the time they log on. I'm not the only one, as Drop has stated his case. The Map stays open for 24 hours either way. I get that people like finishing faster, but it's not best for everyone and it's not a Democracy where you can sacrifice the issues of some to a majority government based on the fact that they want it. The system is designed that way for a reason. It's to accommodate everyone. This has literally been brought up everytime the Timers are reduced and the response is always the same, they have no plans of making them permanent. It is NOT beneficial for everyone. People might not believe that because it suits their cause to support what they want, but that's the fact. People should be able to play and participate. Not just log on for the Rewards and not get to Fight. That's a problem. A pretty significant one, and not one that can be solved with scheduling. Unless you can pencil in flipping the globe, or forcing people to play at all hours and forego work. The system works fine as it is now. I could care less if people want to keep asking ad infinitum, but there is a purpose to having it this way and it won't go away because of want.

I’ve got friends who run map 2. They like the 1/2 hour timers also. Do you really think it’s just forum people? Most people in the world prefer more flexibility and more options to less.
    Chicken wrote: »

The point I made is I have guys in opposite Time Zones that don't get to participate because when the Timers are shorter, the Maps are done by the time they log on. I'm not the only one, as Drop has stated his case. The Map stays open for 24 hours either way. I get that people like finishing faster, but it's not best for everyone and it's not a Democracy where you can sacrifice the issues of some to a majority government based on the fact that they want it. The system is designed that way for a reason. It's to accommodate everyone. This has literally been brought up everytime the Timers are reduced and the response is always the same, they have no plans of making them permanent. It is NOT beneficial for everyone. People might not believe that because it suits their cause to support what they want, but that's the fact. People should be able to play and participate. Not just log on for the Rewards and not get to Fight. That's a problem. A pretty significant one, and not one that can be solved with scheduling. Unless you can pencil in flipping the globe, or forcing people to play at all hours and forego work. The system works fine as it is now. I could care less if people want to keep asking ad infinitum, but there is a purpose to having it this way and it won't go away because of want.

If the people in your alliance, yourself included, know this other guy won't get a chance to fight because of time if you all just push on, why didn't you slow down? Thats not being a good buddy.

Wait, so you're suggesting we slow down because some want to push faster? Hmm....

I’ve got friends who run map 2. They like the 1/2 hour timers also. Do you really think it’s just forum people? Most people in the world prefer more flexibility and more options to less.

That's not more flexibility and more options for everyone. The point I made with the previous comment is there are generalizations being made such as "everyone" and "vast majority", but they're not representative of everyone, or a vast majority. Just the number of people who come to the Forum and want the change. Fact is, they have their own internal statistics and demographics, and it's not reasonable to exclude a number of people from participating because many want to kick back.
This discussion has been closed.