**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Wars Season 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• BlueCrabEaterBlueCrabEater Posts: 11
    Will AW still start tomorrow? That way we can get a feel for how bad these adjustments seem to be before the season starts.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Since when is Breakthrough considered a hard buff? You literally just hit them and it reduces their armor.

Node 30 is ridiculous. But node 27 mini isn't hard and I don't get the comments saying it's the hardest because it isn't 20% what node 30 is.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    So when android couldn't log in they got a small chunk of arena boosts
    When apple has a heat issue you cancel major things to cater to them..

Interesting

Pretty much.

I bet all high tiered alliances use iOS devices.
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★

Interesting

But your phones weren’t at risk of exploding or just completely breaking and damaging it.

Correct we didn't have the choice to log in or not.. you do

Well unless all 30 members in your alliance are on Android, this is good news to you too
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    Thank you Kabam. I’ll admit I was wrong in thinking you wouldn’t delay Season 3. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon and I can get back to playing again.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    My apologies if this has been already asked, but with the delay of season 3, will we revert back to season 2 map; no additional 5 minibosses?

If not, it seems the player base is now faced with harder content with no opportunity for greater rewards.....
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Interesting

1. My recollection was that the Android players affected by the extended login failure got a large number of boosts and stamina refills.

2. At the time that occurred, there was no event to delay like AW seasons, and the problem wasn't an ongoing problem. Comparing the two directly in that way isn't a valid comparison.

Agreed. Also worth pointing out that the War Season is dependent on team participation, so the effect is larger. On top of the actual device dangers. Running Seasons could be detrimental because people will most likely try to play through the issues.
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
    And for the delay of the start of the war season we will not receive no rewards?
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★

Interesting

But your phones weren’t at risk of exploding or just completely breaking and damaging it.

Correct we didn't have the choice to log in or not.. you do

If they are still allowing aw to continue (just not with the season points) why are we continuing this? I’m sure you’ll get into whatever tier you guys are aiming for???
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    I’m sure those that are getting the shaft from the overheating issue do as well.

I know you don’t give 2 poos about anyone outside of your functioning device, but if other alliances are in a position where their reliable players are held back by this issue...kinda makes the point of aw seasons stupid
  • Ron_HRon_H Posts: 64
    If you want to make it more difficult to 100% complete, why not remove items and methods of payment?

You bring 5 champs instead and there is no reviving/pots allowed. This would highlight true skill.

Also, add prove yourself to mini bosses.
    [/quote]

Lol you must be new.. kabam doesnt care about skill. AW is the $$ cow and they are working hard to come up with all kinds of ways to milk it some more. Come on man..vacation is here..how are they gonna pay for that holliday to the tropics if it doesnt come out of our pockets?
  • Ron_HRon_H Posts: 64
    hurricant wrote: »
    NevvB wrote: »
    So you made the nodes harder, any changes in rewards?

The rewards have not changed (aside from Season rewards being halved to match the change in length). This is because Alliances were still finding these Maps far too easy. The goal of these changes is to put an end to the near 100% of wars ending in 100% Exploration.

what's wrong with 100% exploration? people will continue to pay for 100% you know that right?

100% exploration should be a rare instance, and if achieved, should be helping to decide the winner of a War. It should not be a common occurrence for both Alliances to be able to hit 100%, and then the deciding factor becomes Attacker Bonus points.

If you want to make it more difficult to 100% complete, why not remove items and methods of payment?

You bring 5 champs instead and there is no reviving/pots allowed. This would highlight true skill.

Also, add prove yourself to mini bosses.

Lol you must be new.. kabam doesnt care about skill. AW is the $$ cow and they are working hard to come up with all kinds of ways to milk it some more. Come on man..vacation is here..how are they gonna pay for that holliday to the tropics if it doesnt come out of our pockets?
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    DJRipster wrote: »
    ASV27 wrote: »
    like the shorter season but the price to complete the maps just quadrupled. No more free fights and harder nodes.

So, with the exception of those Nodes on Challenger and Expert that we mentioned, we haven't made any other nodes harder. The new Nodes are meant to make things more difficult, but will also be visible from the get go, so Attackers are able to bring in champions to specifically counter whatever Champion they see there.

Given that you have extended the difficulty to both Challenger and Expert levels on AW, what about the poor sobs who dont have a wide selection of champions to counter said nodes ?
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Since when is Breakthrough considered a hard buff? You literally just hit them and it reduces their armor.

Node 30 is ridiculous. But node 27 mini isn't hard and I don't get the comments saying it's the hardest because it isn't 20% what node 30 is.

All depends who is on that node. And it's not just breakthrough, is how it interact with counter tactic. Breakthrough alone is piece of cake.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Maybe they should delay legends runs 2, you wouldn't want someone not on a apple getting the title.
  • McWolfMcWolf Posts: 18
    So when iOS can't play without power saving, we need to stop everything, but when Android Devices couldn't log in a day or T-Mobile had major issues, it is no biggy? Please explain @Kabam Miike
  • LegendJRGLegendJRG Posts: 39
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Interesting

1. My recollection was that the Android players affected by the extended login failure got a large number of boosts and stamina refills.

2. At the time that occurred, there was no event to delay like AW seasons, and the problem wasn't an ongoing problem. Comparing the two directly in that way isn't a valid comparison.

Agreed. Also worth pointing out that the War Season is dependent on team participation, so the effect is larger. On top of the actual device dangers. Running Seasons could be detrimental because people will most likely try to play through the issues.

So why not shut down the modes entirely until there’s is a fix? We didn’t get the new event and aq rewards yet still received the horribly more difficult aw. If there’s literal danger involved in playing the game for a significant portion of the user base that Kabam is delaying things, shouldn’t all relevant team coordinated events be put on hold?
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    McWolf wrote: »
    So when iOS can't play without power saving, we need to stop everything, but when Android Devices couldn't log in a day or T-Mobile had major issues, it is no biggy? Please explain @Kabam Miike

Stop everything? I can’t even finish one quest as doing +5 min gaming is already overheating my phone. Delaying AW season is the least that they could do. You know everything else still is ongoing......... Since when is there so much hate on android users vs IOS users... Hilarious to see so many salty people here happy that (mostly) IOS people are being hurt the most and are risking their phones health. Stop the android whining as you guys bring zero value to the topic.
  • TsunaniTsunani Posts: 173
    I don't think kabam is really concerned about the risk players are running, otherwise they would already have rolled back the version until a fix is found. Let's wait until the first explosion.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    McWolf wrote: »

Apple had the T-mobile issue as well