**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    Journal entry, day 8

Phone is extremely hot after playing aq and EQ. Was able to go about 7 fights. The days are starting to blur together. The heat from the phone set off the fire alarms at work. The ensuing safety sprinkler shower was nice, as now I can skip the shower tonight at home and devote the energy used to heat the water instead to the air conditioners necessary to prevent the iPhone from burning down the house. If the issue persists through the winter months, I foresee greatly reduced heating bills.

The wife has asked me why there seems to be a shell of heat radiating from my general vicinity. I do not believe my reply of “It’s just the strength of my burning love for you” was believed. Will update more later if possible, as my hands can no longer handle typing after the 3rd degree burns suffered during my grind for wasp.

I am afraid...

Seriously, get this fixed Kabam. 8 days?!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    If you think it's so easy to fix, tell them how to do it so they can get it done.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    Hi

I have been reading the new thread, members have been taking been pointing out lags, champions performance and behavior in all game modes. its a shame to see members/players still using devices to report these issues when overheating and power drain issue is still a problem. i expect these members will continue to have more shutdowns (possible more damage to device) .

The main problem can be found in this post of looping process, probably caused by the in new game pause feature. this is slowly using more cpu and memory, the IOS slowly starts removing process in the background not being used.

I notice this because my 3rd party keyboard would be disabled, i don't have a lot of programs running on my phone while game is running this probably the only one.

Eventually the only process running is game and IOS. There are pictures of these process in this post. .I think these processes run all the time while the game is running using more memory and cpu.

These slowly get hotter as more data is collected and added to memory. The CPU is unable to calculate this information due to the lack of memory.(message displayed in code)

The IOS stops the game, returns to home screen as the device get hot. At this time , you might restart your device . all the normal process start , you might find some of them not running, you restart them. .

Then you start the game , the CPU is still hot so the devices will shut down sooner than before . The more you play the sooner the devices will shut down. slowly the devices takes longer to cool, refuses to start. . When you do get game to start its cool enough to start , but the internals are still warm or hot, so its a cycle of hot and cold . Damage to plastic using more battery to keep CPU and memory cool,

The software architecture is wrong , this new pause process , needs to have 2 processes per fight in each game mode..but these processes must be shut down in between fights and restated on the next flight. memory needs to cleared , but loading time for game will take longer in between matches

I am not sure what changes you have made since picture were displayed in this thread, but with no feedback , I could be wrong

Champions behavior in game is control by a different team

Due to lag champions behavior is wrong

support needs to read the pages in this thread

Tony J
    one of the worst offenders in this thread

• JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    If you think it's so easy to fix, tell them how to do it so they can get it done.

Terrible argument.

I can’t design or build a car but I know that a Yugo was of very poor quality. I don’t need to build a better car to know when one doesn’t compare favorably to its counterparts.
  • GSTAR21GSTAR21 Posts: 168
    edited July 2018

The main lag I've had is from the Yellow Jacket in 3.1 of the monthly event. The game freezes when the special starts, I dexterity as normal and then the special resumes after I've already dashed back.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    I may not have experienced it yet because I went through that chapter once to unlock the last one. Gave up trying to 100% last chapter coz the lag won't let me.
    this IOS BETA TEST - should start on new phones of each model and IOS., volunteers phone could be damaged , each phone wii performore differently due to member apps running in the background
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Jdrizzle wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with other apps ? It seems after the game crashes like my music app and Facebook don’t work until I completely power down

Something like that. If I run MCoC long enough for the back of the phone to feel warm (5-10 minutes), I often see Line and Safari get “hung up”—i.e., they don’t respond to taps or swipes. I have to wait a few minutes or sometimes power down to get normal functionality for those apps that were up when MCoC was up. I don’t have the same problem with those apps if MCoC hasn’t been running.

I’m not sure if this is a knock-on from the processor and battery strain caused by MCoC though. Just an odd occurrence that started around July 4.

Dr. Zola
  • Jskeete54Jskeete54 Posts: 46
    ameitdp2eed9.jpeg
    m65umv0hppry.jpeg

My phone battery is actually swollen from overheating and is apparent by the location of the damage. However some of the other pictures on this thread are clearly fake considering the battery isn’t located at the corner of the device. I am not an expert on iOS devices so I could be wrong but I do know where the battery is located. Please don’t post false pictures especially if the damage is unrelated to the battery.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/81277/temperature-testing-photos#latest

This thread is elsewhere but telling. I thought it should be incorporated here.

Dr. Zola
    this IOS BETA TEST sounds like a stress test
    DrZola wrote: »
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/81277/temperature-testing-photos#latest

This thread is elsewhere but telling. I thought it should be incorporated here.

Dr. Zola

hope its not a stress test on devices
    i
    Jskeete54 wrote: »
    ameitdp2eed9.jpeg
    m65umv0hppry.jpeg

My phone battery is actually swollen from overheating and is apparent by the location of the damage. However some of the other pictures on this thread are clearly fake considering the battery isn’t located at the corner of the device. I am not an expert on iOS devices so I could be wrong but I do know where the battery is located. Please don’t post false pictures especially if the damage is unrelated to the battery.

I am not sure where the battery is , but cpu and memory parts are hot spots too,

android phones have power drains , keyboard disabled during game play , screen dims
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    You can't say other photos are fake. The batteries are large flat rectangles that occupy a pretty significant amount of area inside the device. They can swell at any point of that battery. Look at the picture here, if the bottom left of that battery swells instead of the middle, then the bottom left corner of the device would pop open.
    8dkk9g5dy93v.jpg
    wow thats a lot of battery , also it depends how you hold the phone. too hot to handle
    @Beholder_V if you look at some of the photos you can clearly see that it’s not battery related. One photo has the separated screen on the wrong side of the phone. Top right corner. Let’s keep it real here. I have a legit battery isssue. False claims only make it harder for the real claims.
    You realize there is not one iPhone design, right? I've fixed iPhones, iPods, even iPads for family and friends. Every iteration is pretty much redesigned, and the battery is not always in the same place. Older iPhones have the battery on the other side of the phone. The new iPhone X has a 2 part battery, one along the left and one along the bottom, making an odd looking "L" shape. The screen separation can happen if the bonding material holding the screen backing is very well secured when the battery swells. Or maybe the screen was starting to separate already, but the swollen battery has exacerbated it. Point being, just because it doesn't look like yours, doesn't mean it wasn't the same underlying problem.
    q6xwgv8nlza3.jpg
    63jqz112fbdf.jpg
    Those are pictures of phones that no one else has shared photos off. No one posted a photo of a iPhone 4/4s nor did they post a picture of the iPhone X. I don’t doubt your expertise but some of those photos are unrelated to a swollen battery. You cant have a swollen battery and the only visible protrusion is a location away from the location of the battery. Dishonesty affects everyone.
    I got to say i am speechless, thinking more about this. In this thread members complaining about missing rewards.
    with a strong possibility of damage to device.
    Just a note to anyone who has a swollen battery, your phone is done. Don't try to keep using it, and DEFINITELY don't try to charge it. It can catch fire and release toxic fumes. Get it fixed or replaced and keep the receipts.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    tonyj007 wrote: »
    ....too hot to handle

...too cold to hold .... you call the ghostbusters and you're IN CONTROL!!!
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    ....too hot to handle

I was thinking of the song by heatwave
  • HarpsHarps Posts: 33
    stop using the player base as beta testers would be a good start
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    ....too hot to handle

I was thinking of the song by heatwave

Too Hot! Too Hot!
    Too much to stand on.
    Too much to handle.
  • JBVKJBVK Posts: 7
    For the first time my iphone is taking more than 10 minutes to restart. This did not happen earlier due to the heating issue.I am really worried about my phone condition.
    best read a bit more of this thread
  • I love this game. Even after my phone gets extremely hot I keep playing until it crashes.
    But lately my family, my friends, and an apple representative have begged me to stop playing Marvel Contest of Champions.

I'm not a techy person by any means. But I wanted to get you all's take on this.
    What's the real potential danger in this?
    Am I at risk of having my phone explode in my hands?
    Are we looking the the same kind of stuff that happened to the now defunct note 7?

Can all this potentially kill certain companies if in fact phones start exploding?

Appreciate your feedback in advance. Thanks!
    i have posted this a few times in this post

If a device shuts down its a warning that something is wrong. It might not boot up, You just don't know. How many times must a device shut down before it fails to restart. Overheating on any electronics devices cannot be good .

Not sure how much damage to overheating , then a sudden drop in temperature with shut down, then overheating when you restart game to play

For each devices has different tolerance for each player

Not safe. Play at your own risk, your device is in jeopardy.
    i just read this

i am an 4 years experienced iOS developer. I know exactly how to follow the instructions and do the beta test. Read about the enrollment of beta testers few time ago. My device is heating like never before. I want to volunteer for the beta testing. I have filled the form as well. Please let me join the testing. I have iPhone 5s and 6s.

Why would let his device get so hot, might need replacing, Old phones as well. Small phones hard to dissipate heat
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    I love this game. Even after my phone gets extremely hot I keep playing until it crashes.
    But lately my family, my friends, and an apple representative have begged me to stop playing Marvel Contest of Champions.

I'm not a techy person by any means. But I wanted to get you all's take on this.
    What's the real potential danger in this?
    Am I at risk of having my phone explode in my hands?
    Are we looking the the same kind of stuff that happened to the now defunct note 7?

Can all this potentially kill certain companies if in fact phones start exploding?

Appreciate your feedback in advance. Thanks!

Everybody is right, you are at risk. Stop playing. Please, don’t endanger yourself or device until it is resolved.
This discussion has been closed.