**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• BeerDragoonBeerDragoon Posts: 54
    @NEO OMG Photoshop!!!

Yeah just kidding, I'm sure everyone besides Kabam believed you before anyway. Now even they might...maybe.
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    @NEO OMG Photoshop!!!

Yeah just kidding, I'm sure everyone besides Kabam believed you before anyway. Now even they might...maybe.

😂
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Moto E4
    Android
    WiFi

My alternate phone has been having some odd issues, black boxes around the tiles, connection issues, disconnections, battery drain, stops battery from charging and more.
  • Jskeete54Jskeete54 Posts: 46
    NEO wrote: »
    I honestly don’t even feel safe keeping this in my house with my children. I’m about to go chuck in the lake where it’s not a fire hazard.

Just don't charge it, and keep it off.
  • SirventixSirventix Posts: 6
    edited July 2018
    My iPhone 7 has gotten slower since this update due to the overheating and I have only been logging in to move during AQ and War it’s sad how fast my phone heats up It happens almost instantly it’s literally less than 5 minutes before my phone is so hot you can feel it through my case and if I’m on for more than 10 minutes I’m likely to get a black screen with a spinning loading wheel in the center and then I’m sent back to the home screen and I come back onto contest once my phone has cooled down only to find my champ half health from crashing mid fight. This is getting ridiculous they may need to pull the app from the apple store before more damage is done or the app is fixed Even my Line App will take 3-5 minutes to load after I’ve played contest.
  • JAQRIPPJAQRIPP Posts: 90
    I have the answer for overheating iPhones. Cold beer!
    vkp93c79mwhu.jpeg
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    hgb7cmfy4sin.jpg

Samsung galaxy s8+ running only line and mcoc at the time. Everything up to most current updates. Just btw kabam.
  • Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    Cristalman wrote: »
    Guys, it's already 6 days we are waiting, it's time to give us some good news, our patience is running out.

I made a post asking the beta testers about how the beta was running. Moderator said they are still working on stuff and closed it.

Apparently it’s very top secret and the beta testers are sworn to secrecy and not allowed to share how it’s working now

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    Drummer829 wrote: »
    Guys, it's already 6 days we are waiting, it's time to give us some good news, our patience is running out.

I made a post asking the beta testers about how the beta was running. Moderator said they are still working on stuff and closed it.

Apparently it’s very top secret and the beta testers are sworn to secrecy and not allowed to share how it’s working now

Well, Ad0ra is out and closing threads. That should tell you something. At least it means the team is actually trying to resolve the issue, even if they stubbornly refuse to issue warnings or offer guidance about playing their game.

I’m still having odd issues with other apps soon after playing MCoC. For example, I made a quick run to drop in AW D and hit a few EQ nodes. As soon as I felt the back of the phone get noticeably warm, I shut the app. Problem is, when I went to my mail, the screen locked up and I couldn’t scroll through my Inbox. Popped into forums to read a couple of threads, but Safari closed itself down.

What seems to be affected is/are the app(s) I open immediately after spending anything more than a nominal amount of time in MCoC. Safari now runs fine, I can access my Inbox fully and the phone back is basically at room temp.

Is it related? I don’t know enough to know. It is a recent (past week or so) situation. It doesn’t happen any other time I use the phone.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola wrote: »

Well, Ad0ra is out and closing threads. That should tell you something. At least it means the team is actually trying to resolve the issue, even if they stubbornly refuse to issue warnings or offer guidance about playing their game.

I’m still having odd issues with other apps soon after playing MCoC. For example, I made a quick run to drop in AW D and hit a few EQ nodes. As soon as I felt the back of the phone get noticeably warm, I shut the app. Problem is, when I went to my mail, the screen locked up and I couldn’t scroll through my Inbox. Popped into forums to read a couple of threads, but Safari closed itself down.

What seems to be affected is/are the app(s) I open immediately after spending anything more than a nominal amount of time in MCoC. Safari now runs fine, I can access my Inbox fully and the phone back is basically at room temp.

Is it related? I don’t know enough to know. It is a recent (past week or so) situation. It doesn’t happen any other time I use the phone.

Dr. Zola

Yup, it is related. The phone gets too hot and it is unable function correctly. The recommended temp is no more than 95 degrees, but people have posted the phone getting to 110 degrees. My phone does the same thing. If I play too long, my phone gets too hot and the apps will not open. My only fix is to turn off my phone and turn it back on.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★

Dr. Zola

Yup, it is related. The phone gets too hot and it is unable function correctly. The recommended temp is no more than 95 degrees, but people have posted the phone getting to 110 degrees. My phone does the same thing. If I play too long, my phone gets too hot and the apps will not open. My only fix is to turn off my phone and turn it back on.

It makes sense. That’s precisely what I’ve been doing. Well, that and playing the absolute bare minimum.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

It makes sense. That’s precisely what I’ve been doing. Well, that and playing the absolute bare minimum.

Dr. Zola

Can’t even get through 1 quest without my phone starting to burn up. Completion scores are going to be bad
  • WeDieYoungWeDieYoung Posts: 7
    Guys it is not worth breaking your phones over the game. I am/was a dedicated player for 2 years. Let’s just stop playing and monitor forums until it’s safe again if it will ever be.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    Arenas are pretty much outa the question. I hate missing the alpha and T4b ones 😖
  • iPhone 7
    My phone is overheating an also logging me out the game. I missed mostly the whole wasp arena among other things. I don’t want my phone to explode
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    edited July 2018
    The game restarts everytime i switch between line app and game or even when replying a quick text....honestly its annoying as the game restarts more then i can count lol
  • Ive also stopped playing. Just log in for the daily, thats it.
    I have serious doubts that kabam will be able to fix this.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    i have read every page in this thread . The only feedback has been the members/player. kabam are investigating. Person on youtube says testng is being carried development server. kabam are still looking volunteers to preform test. .. Another members says day 6 for this problem. Not sure when this problem will be fixed
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    At this point, even a preliminary update as to how tests are going would be nice @Kabam Miike or @Ad0ra_ .

I can play on ipad, but not for long stretches. The battery just drains dry too fast. Phone I’m not even touching.
    Please, an average of how things are now would help. Even a negative update is an update..
  • RishinRishin Posts: 7
    m45gmi1jfh2e.png
    It has happened for third time in a day now tell me what to do about it...
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Crashes like that always existed, it's nothing new. It can be a performance issue or something related. Or probably it has something to do with the last problems on iOs devices, which they are already being "fixed"
  • JShaikhJShaikh Posts: 1
    My iPhone 7 crashed, after sometime and reboots after sometimes. I fear that my phone will get bricked.
    Kabam, you need to fix this please. I have raised a ticket.
    Username: JShaikh
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    StrayPool wrote: »
    Well, we might be looking at the end of the game this time. As of about 10 minutes ago, I got word from some Alliance mates via Facebook; our leader's iPhone 7 blew up in her hands. She's heading to the Accident and Emergency: if it turns out the overheating caused this, there might be blood on this app's hands. Of all the things to put you in a hospital.

Any update on this?
  • EllJClarkEllJClark Posts: 16
    JAQRIPP wrote: »
    I have the answer for overheating iPhones. Cold beer!
    vkp93c79mwhu.jpeg

Looks more like a good way to beat up a can of beer until it explodes! 😂

In all seriousness though, an update on how the beta testing is going and an estimate of when a fix will be released would be greatly appreciated please @Ad0ra_
  • EllJClarkEllJClark Posts: 16
    *heat, not beat.
This discussion has been closed.