**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Kal_El3652Kal_El3652 Posts: 22
    DrZola wrote: »

This is the best update to date. In laments terms they are working on the issue and have no timeline!
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    The game server sends to much data for devices to cope with.

Kabam Support needed to limit the amount of data sent to phone.

Kabam support need to change game for devices to cope with this new limited data. It could take awhile because support have make sure that the new type of game is safe and payable for the community. Test need to carried on all IOS and devices.

The new game should have no impact to another app or service running on device

Kabam support could be making sure that next patch for game won't have the same impact as 19.0.(I hope so)

Kabam Support will have do this to android devices as they have power drain issues as well, but there is less impact to the hardware

That's what I think
  • I am not a tech person. Just looking for some good feedback here.
    I love this game, but my phone keeps overheating to the point that now it not only shuts down almost as immediately as I open the game. But now also, i can see a separation around the edges of the display.

Are we at risk of having our phones explode in our hands?

Also, what about flying. @kabammiike is there any danger on bringing these devises on board of a plane?

If so, are there any contingency plans in order to avoid say a child bringing a phone into a flight and play mcoc while in flight?

These are very real case scenarios, and any information you could share would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    If you are seeing a separation from your display take the phone to an Apple store right away.

Do not open the app!!!

Not joking. Your battery is done and your phone has now become a ticking time bomb. Turn it off! This is serious!!!
  • MahfudinMahfudin Posts: 0
    my iphone often error if playing this game 😭 often the error can not last long, but I often play this game, please to immediately fix hone
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    There's always a possibility, I'm sure people has begun monitoring the news channel closely on any exploding iPhone due to a certain crappy apps.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    :o
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Apple told me not to run the app and to bring my iPad in to see if the battery needs to be replaced. They said they are fully aware of the issue with mcoc and are advising players against logging in....
  • ralph9898ralph9898 Posts: 10
    Not in my case, overheating, lag and crash possible in all combats
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Please tell me we didn't lose Ricky Bobby due to an exploding phone cause mcoc....new meaning to Kabamed huh?
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    Im not a tech person either, but i can tell you that your phone being in constant heat will definitely affect hardware's life somehow. Haven't seen any picture of phones exploded due to the game overheat but i would prefer not to be that first one though.

Phone overheat = put it down for 20 mins or so.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    FR33_HUG5 wrote: »
    If you are seeing a separation from your display take the phone to an Apple store right away.

Do not open the app!!!

Not joking. Your battery is done and your phone has now become a ticking time bomb. Turn it off! This is serious!!!

Yes. Any bulging of the case of any kind with any device that has a lithium ion battery and you stop using and get checked out, serviced, or replaced. You do this immediately without any further use. This is a sign of lithium ion battery outgassing. It usually just means your battery is toast. It can in rare circumstances lead to fires or other explosive outgassing. It is very rare, but I wouldn't put the phone in my pocket while heading to the Apple store to get it replaced either.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Are we at risk of having our phones explode in our hands?

Also, what about flying. @kabammiike is there any danger on bringing these devises on board of a plane?

Lithium Ion batteries can explode under certain conditions. However, this "explosion" is not the same thing as an explosion caused by actual explosives. It is due to gasses building up within the battery that eventually rupture the battery case. Because these gasses can be flammable, the combination of heat, possible short circuit within the battery internal components, and pressurized flammable gasses can cause the battery to explode under pressure. This explosion is unlikely to be sufficient to severely damage a commercial airplane. The larger danger is the associated potential for fire. It is worth noting that when the Galaxy Note 7 was banned from commercial flights by the FAA, the expressed reason was the risk of fire from the devices, not the risk of the devices exploding.
  • I was just discussing this with someone yesterday, not a tech person too. But if a game like MCOC can cause the phone to heat up to such an extent, can someone then take it one step further and cause the phone to explode? This is a real cause for concern as it can be used in terrorism.
  • zesstroyerrzesstroyerr Posts: 6
    my phone iphone 6s been reboot to many time, should i delete mcoc ?
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I was just discussing this with someone yesterday, not a tech person too. But if a game like MCOC can cause the phone to heat up to such an extent, can someone then take it one step further and cause the phone to explode? This is a real cause for concern as it can be used in terrorism.

They can set it on fire, but not explode (according to DNA3000).
  • Parking_Parker17Parking_Parker17 Posts: 10
    edited July 2018
    @Kabam I was instructed to post here in regards to my 19.0 overheating and crashing issues on my iOS device. These same issues are being replicated in another game operated by Kabam that you can download in the AppStore. I’m constructively asking kabam mods to look into this. Maybe it’s not so simple of an issue happening just to MCOC. If this is happening in other games operating under the same company, then perhaps it’s not particularly an operating issue, or an Apple issue, or an android issue. Something to look into.
  • JAQRIPPJAQRIPP Posts: 90
    I don’t know but do you guys think Kabam may have been hacked?
  • PiiitiPiiiti Posts: 13
    JAQRIPP wrote: »

Nope they aren't. They do seem to find the time (and need) to remove my previous post from this thread. How about an update guys. This is getting more and more ridiculous every day. In the meanwhile my iPhone is still dead and I'm forced to use and old 2013 Samsung for people being able to reach me if necessary.
    At least respond to my PM @Kabam Miike cause I'm holding you guys / Kabam responsible for causing this damage and the costs as a consequence to it.
  • Outsider75Outsider75 Posts: 61
    It is both incredible and scary that this isnt actually a joke or someone trolling.
    JAQRIPP wrote: »

I was also thinking " how can software slowly kill a devices" . this is tricky because normally if a devices fails due to heat , the hardware is broken. . i could be in trouble for saying this.

No software should not do this , exceed the limits of the device. The operating system controls how the devices runs (CPU Memory,, Data flow) you need special privileges to access operating system to exceed the the devices limits .

I don't want to say too much more

Apple need to look into this to make sure that no other software can slowly kill their hardware
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    Absolutely we should blame Apple for this why it allows software to control and overrule after certain thresholds if any app goes beyond its limit the o/s should warn and protect the device by force killing the app and store some logs relevant for the app so that developer of the app could investigate
    i would say wait for updates before you blame anyone. its the members/players that use this software. If you have a car and it stops in the middle of the road several times..you suppose to take it to a mechanic to check.

ALL members

Battery Drain, (overheats and shutdown device) problem is still ongoing

Reminder - If a device shuts down its a warning that something is wrong. It might not boot up, You just don't know. How many times must a device shut down before it fails to restart. Overheating on any electronics devices cannot be good .

Not sure how much damage to overheating , then a sudden drop in temperature with shut down, then overheating when you restart game to play

For each devices has different tolerance for each player

It seems to be getting worse

Not safe. Play at your own risk, your device is in jeopardy.
    i Still play game, but only let battery to drop 75 percent, then stop playing . switch off phone, wait a few minutes restart phone . Do not play game for at least 30 minutes, but for each devices has different tolerance for each player

its a suggestion, it works for me on my device. i have been doing this for the past 5 days.

it might be too late for some phones
    Anyone who took their phone to Apple shop, where told not to play and uninstall game
    DrZola wrote: »

thank you
  • ManGlitterManGlitter Posts: 15
    Now its unplayable because screen keeps flashing black.
    ManGlitter wrote: »
    Now its unplayable because screen keeps flashing black.

start reading from page 63
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    Ahitlaw wrote: »
    Please tell me we didn't lose Ricky Bobby due to an exploding phone cause mcoc....new meaning to Kabamed huh?

Imagine Ricky’s distain, when a Canadian blows up his phone.
This discussion has been closed.