**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* Dups

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I think you're being too harsh on the idea. What I'm suggesting is the same type of concept as the Dungeons had. There's no way 50k is reasonable for a Basic Champ. Even the Dungeons had the equivalent of a couple weeks of work. Not 50k in Shards worth. It's not a spit in the face to anyone. Depending on how many are in it, you have a 1 out of that number chance at a specific Champ. It's not about targeting specifics for me. It's about narrowing the field to make it more feasible to Awaken them. Same RNG at play.

Even the dungeons crystals didn't afford you the abbilty to target a class for a specific gem you have. What is so hard to understand about that?

So how is people using the Gems they worked for a bad thing?

Let's remove the Class aspect. Let's say, like Dungeons, a Chaos Crystal, and other specific themes. Heck, make it random Champs that have nothing in common.

Why should you have this advantage that others didn't is what I want to know? We all had the opportunity to go for dungeons crystals while they were here. I only went for two. Got neither of the champs I was going for. It happens.

If the opportunity presents itself, I'll try to utilize it again. If not, why should they create something to appease you?
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    I’m still not sure why the focus is solely on duping a champ and not just pulling a good champ in general. It’s true more and more champs are getting added into the basic pool but those have been awesome champs. Void, killmonger, gulk, sabretooth, corvus, etc are all excellent champs and worthy of being great pulls. There are other means to awaken a champ than just pulling them again from a crystal. While the chance to dupe might get harder with more champs in the pool, the chance to pull a good champ increases which IMO is the more important metric.
  • Options
    Starkiller_KE2_0Starkiller_KE2_0 Posts: 154
    I think you're being too harsh on the idea. What I'm suggesting is the same type of concept as the Dungeons had. There's no way 50k is reasonable for a Basic Champ. Even the Dungeons had the equivalent of a couple weeks of work. Not 50k in Shards worth. It's not a spit in the face to anyone. Depending on how many are in it, you have a 1 out of that number chance at a specific Champ. It's not about targeting specifics for me. It's about narrowing the field to make it more feasible to Awaken them. Same RNG at play.

Even the dungeons crystals didn't afford you the abbilty to target a class for a specific gem you have. What is so hard to understand about that?

and 5* awakening gems are nearly impossible to obtain, not sure what your point is?

I have 4 that I don't have champs worthy of using them on so obviously they aren't

you have 4, sure, but like I said, anyone that isn't uncollected doesn't even have 1, so its not spitting in the face of older players and giving any newer players any outright advantage.

So then get uncollected and quit crying. Most of us did it with 4*s. You don't need 5*s let alone max sig duped r5 5*s

I am uncollected, I'm not crying, and I never said you needed max sig R5 5's to do it, I believe the point I was making is that a 15k crystal benefits the people who have already done all of act 5 way more than a beginner player. It doesn't make much sense to beginner players to spend an extra 50% on a possible antman anyways imo so again I don't think it is an unfair advantage, especially since most players already at your level had months of the old school featured 5* that almost guaranteed the new champs.
  • Options

Let's remove the Class aspect. Let's say, like Dungeons, a Chaos Crystal, and other specific themes. Heck, make it random Champs that have nothing in common.

Why should you have this advantage that others didn't is what I want to know?
    wz26yfnw43pb.jpg

Just in case
    I was trusting you, and I don't think a class crystal allows people to stop completing in game content.

It doesn't stop anyone, it gives people a whole new avenue to complete it actually. It gives them an avenue through regular game play that others didn't have. If they offer a money only class crystal, I'm more than fine with it. One for units or shards just caps on all the veterans
  • Options

wz26yfnw43pb.jpg

Just in case
    I was trusting you, and I don't think a class crystal allows people to stop completing in game content.

It doesn't stop anyone, it gives people a whole new avenue to complete it actually. It gives them an avenue through regular game play that others didn't have. If they offer a money only class crystal, I'm more than fine with it. One for units or shards just caps on all the veterans
    I disagree entirely, all veterans had how many chances at a 20% blade? stark spidey? if anything these 15k crystals would be loads worse than what current veterans had to complete content.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,261 ★★★★★

Why should you have this advantage that others didn't is what I want to know? We all had the opportunity to go for dungeons crystals while they were here. I only went for two. Got neither of the champs I was going for. It happens.

If the opportunity presents itself, I'll try to utilize it again. If not, why should they create something to appease you?

What advantage? That we get a chance at Duping something in the Basic easier? Pretty sure that opportunity has been around a long time. People used to have a 20% chance to get Champs the day they dropped.
    For that matter, anyone would have the same opportunity with said Crystal. I'm not sure if your concern is fairness, or that some people rolled an AG they couldn't use.
  • Options

and 5* awakening gems are nearly impossible to obtain, not sure what your point is?

I have 4 that I don't have champs worthy of using them on so obviously they aren't

you have 4, sure, but like I said, anyone that isn't uncollected doesn't even have 1, so its not spitting in the face of older players and giving any newer players any outright advantage.

So then get uncollected and quit crying. Most of us did it with 4*s. You don't need 5*s let alone max sig duped r5 5*s

I am uncollected, I'm not crying, and I never said you needed max sig R5 5's to do it, I believe the point I was making is that a 15k crystal benefits the people who have already done all of act 5 way more than a beginner player. It doesn't make much sense to beginner players to spend an extra 50% on a possible antman anyways imo so again I don't think it is an unfair advantage, especially since most players already at your level had months of the old school featured 5* that almost guaranteed the new champs.

God no it doesn't. People who've done that typically don't NEED a new pull to progress (whether AW, AQ, or story). People much lower actually NEED that pull
  • Options

wz26yfnw43pb.jpg

Just in case

I disagree entirely, all veterans had how many chances at a 20% blade? stark spidey? if anything these 15k crystals would be loads worse than what current veterans had to complete content.

I dropped 5 blade featured crystals and over $700 in fgmc trying to pull him. So you think you should get an increased chance to pull him for the same or a few more shards?!
  • Options
    I got zero blade pulls btw
  • Options
    I got spark from a basic and awakened him with my 100% act 5 generic
  • Options

God no it doesn't. People who've done that typically don't NEED a new pull to progress (whether AW, AQ, or story). People much lower actually NEED that pull
    I thought your point was that people shouldn't NEED that pull to progress since "Most of us did it with 4*s"?
  • Options

wz26yfnw43pb.jpg

Just in case

I dropped 5 blade featured crystals and over $700 in fgmc trying to pull him. So you think you should get an increased chance to pull him for the same or a few more shards?!

Ok, but 5* blade feature had 20% chance to drop blade at 15k shards. a skill crystal would only have around a 5% chance to drop him for 15k shards, therefore its a worse crystal?
  • Options

I thought your point was that people shouldn't NEED that pull to progress since "Most of us did it with 4*s"?

They feel they need it bc they don't want to work or spend. We did, do it yourselves and get over it
  • Options

wz26yfnw43pb.jpg

Just in case

How does it "caps on all the veterans"?

I typed craps. And it does so by making things infinitely easier for those that just started later than we did
  • Options

wz26yfnw43pb.jpg

Just in case

I typed craps. And it does so by making things infinitely easier for those that just started later than we did

I don't get how it makes things easier for new players compared to veterans.
  • Options

wz26yfnw43pb.jpg

Just in case

You don't get how making it easier to get the champs that make it easier to complete content makes it easier for people to complete content?
  • Options

wz26yfnw43pb.jpg

Just in case

You don't get how making it easier to get the champs that make it easier to complete content makes it easier for people to complete content?

Like I said, ALL veterans had the featured 5* crystals, which gave them about a 20% chance to get the featured 5 * (usually a demigod-god teir champ). A class 5* crystal gives a 5% chance to give out all champions of that class (so from god-bad teir). So, if anything, current veterans were MUCH better off than beginner players.
  • Options
    I had my 5* mutant gem (that I bought in an offer) for over 7 months. If I had a crystal that allowed me. To target AA for shards, he wouldn't have cost me a dime and would have had him months earlier.
  • Options

wz26yfnw43pb.jpg

Just in case

Just the opposite actually. There was a Featured with an increased Drop Rate, and many less Champs in the Basic Pool to Dup.
  • Options
    I had my 5* mutant gem (that I bought in an offer) for over 7 months. If I had a crystal that allowed me. To target AA for shards, he wouldn't have cost me a dime and would have had him months earlier.
    YOU have that 5* mutant gem, a beginner player doe NOT have that. The only argument you are making is that more veteran players will get the things they are going after, WHICH is what they want. A beginner players sees no benefit from risking an extra 5k shards to possibly get a colossus instead of an archangel.
  • Options

wz26yfnw43pb.jpg

Just in case

Like I said, ALL veterans had the featured 5* crystals, which gave them about a 20% chance to get the featured 5 * (usually a demigod-god teir champ). A class 5* crystal gives a 5% chance to give out all champions of that class (so from god-bad teir). So, if anything, current veterans were MUCH better off than beginner players.

What part of being able to target for AG don't you guys get? Sacrificing shards for an increased chance at a duped even demi God champ changes the game. Featured crystals were erratic as hell. I never pulled a single featured champ from them. In the case of a class crystal, even if you miss the target you can still hit a demi that fits the gem
  • Options
    People usually do it the other way around. They have Champs they target Gems for.
  • Options

So you think if we had a mutant class crystal available and you spent your shards to spin it you'd have a 100% chance to get AA? Or do you think that you could literally buy him with shards with this idea?

No it wouldn't be. 100% of course , but you'd have an incredibly higher chance to pull him than anyone has before. So all you'd have to do is save and wait for the mutant to come around and burn shards
  • Options
    People usually do it the other way around. They have Champs they target Gems for.

No they don't unless they're fools. You can't target a gem.
  • Options
    Unless it's generic
  • Options
    The Gem, once you have it, is free to use on anyone you want. The majority of people hold on to it for the best choice. That can happen with any Crystal you roll. First you have to roll the right Gem, then the right Champ. I'm sorry, but I don't see how people using the Gem they worked their butt off for, or paid out of it, is a bad thing. Also, having access to somewhat easier Dups means you can save it for the best option that suits you.