Options

5* Dups

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    pe98qqt2ut62.jpg

And my roster isn't exactly trash right now...
  • Options
    Starkiller_KE2_0Starkiller_KE2_0 Posts: 154
    Class crystals won't happen. It will allow people to target champs just like the old featured did which is why it was axed. They especially won't happen for the same price of a basic which is just an absurd suggestion
    I agree, they definitely wouldn't be the same as the basic, but why not 15K crystals? Or just pure money crystals if your desperate or whaley enough. I don't think its an absurd suggestion and I think most people preferred the old featured crystals to the now featured arena.

OH, I'm sure people preferred having easier access to the newest Champs. Lol. I'm not concerned with any specific Champs or the newest, just a way to make it easier to Dup while still leaving it to RNG. Even if it wasn't Class and it was a pool of 20 Basics (Chaos i.e.), that would help, without really adding too much of a problem.

The thing is whenever you shrink the amount of characters available you'll have to up the price, because you are essentially increasing the chance they'll get one of those characters (even if they are in the basic pool). Thats why class crystals at a 15K price (rotating which class every week) might not be such a terrible idea.

15k for class specific is way too cheap. I'd be quite upset to see one for anything under 30k personally.

why? there are about 20 characters per class (about 50% are generally useful). in the current 5 * featured there are only 24 characters (between 60-70% are useful). if anything they are about the same kind of crystal

It allows you to target for champs you have an AG for specifically is why

But isn't that what the 5* featured is? it has specific champs you can go after, just like a class crystal would
  • Options
    Class crystals won't happen. It will allow people to target champs just like the old featured did which is why it was axed. They especially won't happen for the same price of a basic which is just an absurd suggestion
    I agree, they definitely wouldn't be the same as the basic, but why not 15K crystals? Or just pure money crystals if your desperate or whaley enough. I don't think its an absurd suggestion and I think most people preferred the old featured crystals to the now featured arena.

OH, I'm sure people preferred having easier access to the newest Champs. Lol. I'm not concerned with any specific Champs or the newest, just a way to make it easier to Dup while still leaving it to RNG. Even if it wasn't Class and it was a pool of 20 Basics (Chaos i.e.), that would help, without really adding too much of a problem.

The thing is whenever you shrink the amount of characters available you'll have to up the price, because you are essentially increasing the chance they'll get one of those characters (even if they are in the basic pool). Thats why class crystals at a 15K price (rotating which class every week) might not be such a terrible idea.

15k for class specific is way too cheap. I'd be quite upset to see one for anything under 30k personally.

why? there are about 20 characters per class (about 50% are generally useful). in the current 5 * featured there are only 24 characters (between 60-70% are useful). if anything they are about the same kind of crystal

But isn't that what the 5* featured is? it has specific champs you can go after, just like a class crystal would

No, the featured has a mix of classes while a class specific would give you the chance to target all the top champs of a class that you have a gem for
  • Options
    HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106
    You really should listen to what he's saying. 19 5* and no dupe is nothing. Quake, LC, Mephisto, HE, and CM can definitely get you far enough to start earning a lot more shards even unduped. None of those champs NEED being duped to help in story progression

It's not nothing. I'm not the only one with the same issue. More Shards won't change the fact that the pool is increasing, and it's not just me I'm talking about. People after me will have a harder time as well. I'm talking about how hard it is to Dup from the Basic. Not where to get Shards or Awakeneing Gems.

It is nothing. I was so far behind you in champs at that humber it's not even funny. I did all of act 4 and my first pass of act 5 with 4*s.

Yes the pool is increasing. All the more reason for you to hurry up and clear content to start earning 6* shards while the pool is small.

So how does my doing that solve the issue in general? I will get a Dup eventually. That's not the issue. The issue is the growing pool in the Crystals. Doing LOL and finishing Act 5 is not a solution to the problem overall. The problem still exists whether I have Dups or not. Repeatedly suggesting the same thing is just ignoring the issue I've presented.

It increases your odds the sooner you do it. How hard is it to understand? You're complaining about a growing pool, so why not maximize crystal opening with as small a pool as possible? Or like I said, just wait for the champ you want to be in a featured and open those. That will give you your best odds.

Again, I'm not just talking about myself. I don't just put ideas forth that only benefit me. I could open 2 a week and it would still be a growing issue. Which is why I am discussing suggestions to make it easier.

As much as it would be great to have class specific 5* crystals, and if it ever comes out it's going to be a lot more expensive, it doesn't make sense from a business point of view to make them more accessible to the player base. In the same way when this game first started out, 4* were really hard to get as they were the required benchmark to finish harder content. Now, it's grown to the point where 5* are that benchmark. The issue will always be a growing issue because the game continually grows and more characters are continually added to the game.

• Options

No, the featured has a mix of classes while a class specific would give you the chance to target all the top champs of a class that you have a gem for
    Yeah it would, BUT being 15k shards you still wouldn't be able to necessarily spam open the crystals. yeah you could save 5 weeks until you get the class you want but thats kinda the point no?
  • Options
    Let's say you have 1 class gem. You go for a featured champ of that class, you have a better chance at that champ but just as goos a chance at getting someone good from a class that doesn't fit your gem or just someone trash. If there's a class specific crystal, you have a large chance to get any of the top tier champs of that class of which there are usually a few.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,292 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    What I'm suggesting isn't the same as, say a 20% rate as in the Featured. It's not the same as abolishing the need for Gems. People will still want to Awaken Champs they want. What I'm suggesting still leaves it up to RNG. There are many Champs of each Class. Even if they didn't separate by Class and narrowed it down to 20 or 30 per Crystal with commonalities, that's still not allowing people to cherry pick.
  • Options

Yeah it would, BUT being 15k shards you still wouldn't be able to necessarily spam open the crystals. yeah you could save 5 weeks until you get the class you want but thats kinda the point no?

15k shards is dirt cheap to be able to target a range of top tier champs that guarantee will work with an AG you already have. That's straight up ridiculous. There was a class specific 5* gem last year and it was $100 I'm pretty sure.
  • Options
    Class specific 5* crystal, I'm sorry
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    I've only pulled 2 5* dupes, a 5* storm on my main and a 4* drax on my alt.
    Ah. Out of how many?

12/14 ( storm) on main, 5/6 on alt. I don't really grind anymore and have been getting kinda bored of the game lately so don't really have a ton of them.
  • Options
    I've only pulled 2 5* dupes, a 5* storm on my main and a 4* drax on my alt.
    Ah. Out of how many?

12/14 ( storm) on main, 5/6 on alt. I don't really grind anymore and have been getting kinda bored of the game lately so don't really have a ton of them.

Ok cool. Just curious what the ratio was. Thanks.
  • Options
    Let's say you have 1 class gem. You go for a featured champ of that class, you have a better chance at that champ but just as goos a chance at getting someone good from a class that doesn't fit your gem or just someone trash. If there's a class specific crystal, you have a large chance to get any of the top tier champs of that class of which there are usually a few.
    I still don't see why thats a bad thing? you have as much a chance at pulling an antman out of a science crystal as a void. And with every new character that comes out you'll dilute each of the class pools just like the massive basic pool, I guess I'm just confused as to why its a terrible thing?
  • Options
    I still don't see why thats a bad thing? you have as much a chance at pulling an antman out of a science crystal as a void. And with every new character that comes out you'll dilute each of the class pools just like the massive basic pool, I guess I'm just confused as to why its a terrible thing?

It's not really. You have the same Drop Rate.
  • Options
    Per Champ that is.
  • Options
    What I'm suggesting isn't the same as, say a 20% rate as in the Featured. It's not the same as abolishing the need for Gems. People will still want to Awaken Champs they want. What I'm suggesting still leaves it up to RNG. There are many Champs of each Class. Even if they didn't separate by Class and narrowed it down to 20 or 30 per Crystal with commonalities, that's still not allowing people to cherry pick.

It absolutely is if you leave it to class. If not, then you're just left with the event crystals from before. And if that's the case, they would have to be incredibly up charged to the point to 30-50k. 10k for a crystal that let's you target a specific champ just spits in the face of everyone playing the game up to now
  • Options

Bc you increase your odds to pull a champ you want that you could have a gem for by a huge margin. Why do you guys think you deserve a fast track to what other people already have?
  • Options
    I'm not even in a top tier alliance so I'm not trying to protect my spot or anything. I've gotten what I have from a combination of paying and grinding. What makes you think you shouldn't have to do the same?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I think you're being too harsh on the idea. What I'm suggesting is the same type of concept as the Dungeons had. There's no way 50k is reasonable for a Basic Champ. Even the Dungeons had the equivalent of a couple weeks of work. Not 50k in Shards worth. It's not a spit in the face to anyone. Depending on how many are in it, you have a 1 out of that number chance at a specific Champ. It's not about targeting specifics for me. It's about narrowing the field to make it more feasible to Awaken them. Same RNG at play.
  • Options

It absolutely is if you leave it to class. If not, then you're just left with the event crystals from before. And if that's the case, they would have to be incredibly up charged to the point to 30-50k. 10k for a crystal that let's you target a specific champ just spits in the face of everyone playing the game up to now

I never said 10k, and the current 15k offers new characters, the previous offered void. the point of a more expensive crystal is to target champs you want, and for anyone that isn't uncollected 15k is not dirt cheap, and anyone that is uncollected is looking to get good champs. You are talking about a 200-300% increase in price for a crystal that offers similar characters to the current featured crystal and to me that doesn't seem to make much sense
  • Options
    I think you're being too harsh on the idea. What I'm suggesting is the same type of concept as the Dungeons had. There's no way 50k is reasonable for a Basic Champ. Even the Dungeons had the equivalent of a couple weeks of work. Not 50k in Shards worth. It's not a spit in the face to anyone. Depending on how many are in it, you have a 1 out of that number chance at a specific Champ. It's not about targeting specifics for me. It's about narrowing the field to make it more feasible to Awaken them. Same RNG at play.

Even the dungeons crystals didn't afford you the abbilty to target a class for a specific gem you have. What is so hard to understand about that?
  • Options

I never said 10k, and the current 15k offers new characters, the previous offered void. the point of a more expensive crystal is to target champs you want, and for anyone that isn't uncollected 15k is not dirt cheap, and anyone that is uncollected is looking to get good champs. You are talking about a 200-300% increase in price for a crystal that offers similar characters to the current featured crystal and to me that doesn't seem to make much sense

You can be targeting a class of champs that applies to a specific gem you have. That's an insane advantage. How do you not see that. This is coming from someone with 4 5* gems he can't use currently
  • Options

Even the dungeons crystals didn't afford you the abbilty to target a class for a specific gem you have. What is so hard to understand about that?

and 5* awakening gems are nearly impossible to obtain, not sure what your point is?
  • Options
    All of which are in the "basic" pool
  • Options

and 5* awakening gems are nearly impossible to obtain, not sure what your point is?

I have 4 that I don't have champs worthy of using them on so obviously they aren't
  • Options
    Finish game content and you will progress. That's how this works.
  • Options
    wz26yfnw43pb.jpg

Just in case
  • Options

I have 4 that I don't have champs worthy of using them on so obviously they aren't

you have 4, sure, but like I said, anyone that isn't uncollected doesn't even have 1, so its not spitting in the face of older players and giving any newer players any outright advantage.
  • Options

you have 4, sure, but like I said, anyone that isn't uncollected doesn't even have 1, so its not spitting in the face of older players and giving any newer players any outright advantage.

So then get uncollected and quit crying. Most of us did it with 4*s. You don't need 5*s let alone max sig duped r5 5*s
  • Options
    edited July 2018

So how is people using the Gems they worked for a bad thing?

Let's remove the Class aspect. Let's say, like Dungeons, a Chaos Crystal, and other specific themes. Heck, make it random Champs that have nothing in common.
  • Options
    wz26yfnw43pb.jpg

Just in case
    I was trusting you, and I don't think a class crystal allows people to stop completing in game content.