**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* Dups

Comments

• Options
    Starkiller_KE2_0Starkiller_KE2_0 Posts: 154
    To be fair, I liked the old days with 5 star featured crystals, that definitely helped with duping characters if you had the patience to hold your shards. However on the point of class crystals, I think that would be an interesting idea, perhaps a black Friday deal where its limited to one purchase of your choice of class?
  • Options
    Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    You made this post but when people give you the answer in detail, you get rude & ask them to stop posting. It’s gaslighting in its finest form.

You haven’t answered one of my posts at all, & then once again brought up arenas as if they only function to grind for a champion as the reward to dupe. That is not how people are using them, or at least the majority of the players grinding them. Watch prof hoff or any of the other YouTubers on how many five star champions they open just through getting SHARDS from arena rank rewards, not through just trying to get the featured or basic champ. Some of them open 1 or 2 five star crystals a week, & they do it by duping four star champs (which are way more plentiful than they used to be), maxing them out to get more shards through max sig crystals, & through event/story content on top of it. You even hinted on page 5 of this post that you’re opening only one five star a month.

You aren’t willing to put the work into obtaining more shards in order to increase your chances of duping a champion. Then when others tell you why you haven’t made a dupe yet, as you aren’t far enough in the game, you get defensive & mad. You are doing the exact thing you call others out on every day in this forum.

You’ve read the answer to your problem and you refuse to acknowledge it, or maybe you just don’t understand. I’m leaning towards that explanation.

Even if they introduce 2 new champs a month, if the normal rate of obtaining five stars right now (for someone actually playing the current game as intended for free) is 3-4 a month...just like four star crystals started to increase in availability per week, so will five stars in the same manner. There is no need to narrow the field as it will happen as intended by kabam & naturally with the progression of the player base. If you’re wanting targeted champs instead, they have the feature crystals.

You have a long detailed history on this sub of defending kabam and how they design the game, but now because you aren’t able to dupe someone due to your lack of willingness to try, you want them to change the format or crystals to make it easier? The irony is thick. Take your own advice. Do the work and you’ll dupe them just fine, and if not use the awakening and sig stone resources that kabam makes available. It’s as simple as that.
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    I've only pulled 2 5* dupes, a 5* storm on my main and a 4* drax on my alt.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    To be fair, I liked the old days with 5 star featured crystals, that definitely helped with duping characters if you had the patience to hold your shards. However on the point of class crystals, I think that would be an interesting idea, perhaps a black Friday deal where its limited to one purchase of your choice of class?

It's an idea. I'm leaning towards the Crystals like the Dungeon Crystals as well. Perhaps Class or some other common quality.
  • Options
    I've only pulled 2 5* dupes, a 5* storm on my main and a 4* drax on my alt.
    Ah. Out of how many?
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    You really should listen to what he's saying. 19 5* and no dupe is nothing. Quake, LC, Mephisto, HE, and CM can definitely get you far enough to start earning a lot more shards even unduped. None of those champs NEED being duped to help in story progression
  • Options

It's an idea. I'm leaning towards the Crystals like the Dungeon Crystals as well. Perhaps Class or some other common quality.
    Crystals like the dungeon crystals wouldn't be terrible either, but it sounds a little like the currect featured 5*/6* crystal setup. If they had 3 separate crystals with different pools in each instead of the current featured 5* I think that would be very interesting indeed
  • Options
    You really should listen to what he's saying. 19 5* and no dupe is nothing. Quake, LC, Mephisto, HE, and CM can definitely get you far enough to start earning a lot more shards even unduped. None of those champs NEED being duped to help in story progression

It's not nothing. I'm not the only one with the same issue. More Shards won't change the fact that the pool is increasing, and it's not just me I'm talking about. People after me will have a harder time as well. I'm talking about how hard it is to Dup from the Basic. Not where to get Shards or Awakeneing Gems.
  • Options
    Class crystals won't happen. It will allow people to target champs just like the old featured did which is why it was axed. They especially won't happen for the same price of a basic which is just an absurd suggestion
  • Options

Crystals like the dungeon crystals wouldn't be terrible either, but it sounds a little like the currect featured 5*/6* crystal setup. If they had 3 separate crystals with different pools in each instead of the current featured 5* I think that would be very interesting indeed

With the Featured, the main idea is to have a chance at Champs that are new, and not added to the Basic. Hence the extra 5k Shards. I'm talking about a solution more geared towards Duping the Basic Roster.
  • Options
    Class crystals won't happen. It will allow people to target champs just like the old featured did which is why it was axed. They especially won't happen for the same price of a basic which is just an absurd suggestion

They can get Champs for the same price of the Basic now. The Featured was a 20% chance at the newest Champs the moment they came out. Not the same.
  • Options
    I agree, they definitely wouldn't be the same as the basic, but why not 15K crystals? Or just pure money crystals if your desperate or whaley enough. I don't think its an absurd suggestion and I think most people preferred the old featured crystals to the now featured arena.
  • Options

It's not nothing. I'm not the only one with the same issue. More Shards won't change the fact that the pool is increasing, and it's not just me I'm talking about. People after me will have a harder time as well. I'm talking about how hard it is to Dup from the Basic. Not where to get Shards or Awakeneing Gems.

It is nothing. I was so far behind you in champs at that humber it's not even funny. I did all of act 4 and my first pass of act 5 with 4*s.

Yes the pool is increasing. All the more reason for you to hurry up and clear content to start earning 6* shards while the pool is small.
  • Options
    I agree, they definitely wouldn't be the same as the basic, but why not 15K crystals? Or just pure money crystals if your desperate or whaley enough. I don't think its an absurd suggestion and I think most people preferred the old featured crystals to the now featured arena.

OH, I'm sure people preferred having easier access to the newest Champs. Lol. I'm not concerned with any specific Champs or the newest, just a way to make it easier to Dup while still leaving it to RNG. Even if it wasn't Class and it was a pool of 20 Basics (Chaos i.e.), that would help, without really adding too much of a problem.
  • Options

With the Featured, the main idea is to have a chance at Champs that are new, and not added to the Basic. Hence the extra 5k Shards. I'm talking about a solution more geared towards Duping the Basic Roster.

The featured was geared towards new champs but allowed you to target specific ones. If you want to target specific champs, wait until they're in the basic part of featured crystals and open those.

A class specific crystal that's regularly available, at the same cost of a basic at that (insanely laughable), makes the basic pointless all together
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom

Honestly depending on the roster a dupe is a waste. I’d rather have both XFDP and Jane then a duped either one. The benefit is having them as arena fodder. Do you have any idea how much faster Alpha and T4b would be for me if I had SEVEN extra junkers instead of landing Jane 7 times PLUS the initial draw? Try the arena mate. There’s an extra 4 champs a month each one you can Dupe too
  • Options

OH, I'm sure people preferred having easier access to the newest Champs. Lol. I'm not concerned with any specific Champs or the newest, just a way to make it easier to Dup while still leaving it to RNG. Even if it wasn't Class and it was a pool of 20 Basics (Chaos i.e.), that would help, without really adding too much of a problem.

The thing is whenever you shrink the amount of characters available you'll have to up the price, because you are essentially increasing the chance they'll get one of those characters (even if they are in the basic pool). Thats why class crystals at a 15K price (rotating which class every week) might not be such a terrible idea.
  • Options

I'm sure there will be class specific money/unit crystals at some point, just as there were with 4*, they won't be a regular everyday available crystal though and nor should they be.
  • Options

It is nothing. I was so far behind you in champs at that humber it's not even funny. I did all of act 4 and my first pass of act 5 with 4*s.

Yes the pool is increasing. All the more reason for you to hurry up and clear content to start earning 6* shards while the pool is small.

So how does my doing that solve the issue in general? I will get a Dup eventually. That's not the issue. The issue is the growing pool in the Crystals. Doing LOL and finishing Act 5 is not a solution to the problem overall. The problem still exists whether I have Dups or not. Repeatedly suggesting the same thing is just ignoring the issue I've presented.
  • Options

So how does my doing that solve the issue in general? I will get a Dup eventually. That's not the issue. The issue is the growing pool in the Crystals. Doing LOL and finishing Act 5 is not a solution to the problem overall. The problem still exists whether I have Dups or not. Repeatedly suggesting the same thing is just ignoring the issue I've presented.

It increases your odds the sooner you do it. How hard is it to understand? You're complaining about a growing pool, so why not maximize crystal opening with as small a pool as possible? Or like I said, just wait for the champ you want to be in a featured and open those. That will give you your best odds.
  • Options

It increases your odds the sooner you do it. How hard is it to understand? You're complaining about a growing pool, so why not maximize crystal opening with as small a pool as possible? Or like I said, just wait for the champ you want to be in a featured and open those. That will give you your best odds.

Again, I'm not just talking about myself. I don't just put ideas forth that only benefit me. I could open 2 a week and it would still be a growing issue. Which is why I am discussing suggestions to make it easier.
  • Options

The thing is whenever you shrink the amount of characters available you'll have to up the price, because you are essentially increasing the chance they'll get one of those characters (even if they are in the basic pool). Thats why class crystals at a 15K price (rotating which class every week) might not be such a terrible idea.

15k for class specific is way too cheap. I'd be quite upset to see one for anything under 30k personally.
  • Options
    For a Crystal that contains Basic Champs? That's just unreasonable.
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom would you like my Jane Foster? 140 Signature on a useless champ.

Wouldn't mind at this point. Lol. As I said, it's not just about me getting a Dup. The greater point I'm making is the difficulty people have in Awakening them, and how it will get worse.

I’m gonna be blunt. Quit whining. I agree the odds are absolutely atrocious to dupe champs however have you noticed that each new champ they add is basically completely broken BEFORE getting a dupe? Yes if all we had were Thor classic and Star Lord type champs polluting the 5* crystals then yeah I’d see your point as they are heavily reliant on duplications.

But… Quake? Corvus Glaive, Domino (attacker not defense)? Proxima doesn’t Lose outside LOL, Luke Cage only needs it for power gain Hyperion, NC is better without it on defense, Mephisto still beats Medusa, Hyperion is still a beast, and Mordo is all prestige.

Even the mighty Sparky is basically a Starlord that doesn’t necessarily need a dupe. Heck look at Archangel. Guy uses exclusively heavy and specials and shreds everything. Even HAWKEYE only needs it for a bit more damage (ok I’ll concede maybe his is “kinda” important for his damage)
  • Options
    For a Crystal that contains Basic Champs? That's just unreasonable.

There's nothing "basic" about champs like SL, Hyperion, Void, AA, Spark, etc...

They're game changing and as such should be just as difficult to get as any other champ.
  • Options

15k for class specific is way too cheap. I'd be quite upset to see one for anything under 30k personally.

why? there are about 20 characters per class (about 50% are generally useful). in the current 5 * featured there are only 24 characters (between 60-70% are useful). if anything they are about the same kind of crystal
  • Options

why? there are about 20 characters per class (about 50% are generally useful). in the current 5 * featured there are only 24 characters (between 60-70% are useful). if anything they are about the same kind of crystal

It allows you to target for champs you have an AG for specifically is why
  • Options
    I have a skill, science, cosmic, and a mystic gem right now. I'd kill to be able to target blade, Void, Medusa, and Voodoo