**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Expert daily class catalyst quest

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Yes, it makes a difference to people waiting month to month for another EQ to form a Cat. Every little bit helps. If people don't need it, great. Some do. I honestly don't get why people don't need it, and are still offended by it. Let other people have some help. Lord.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Narcuul wrote: »
    I can see the advertisement for this now.

"Don't feel like you're spending enough units on energy refills every day? Well, don't worry, cause we have the answer for you. For the low price of 2 full energy refills, a bargain at only 30 units a piece, you can go questing for t4cc! That's right, you can earn almost 1/24th of a catalyst! Doesn't seem like a good deal? It's not, but what else are you gonna spend those units on, featured grand master crystals? Even we know those things are a joke!"

Now that I think about it, you have to run the thing about 23 times and change to get enough fragments for a T4CC crystal. If you are a moron, you could choose to do that by buying energy refills every single day just to run that one thing. If you do, it will end up costing you about 1400 units in refills, plus or minus, on average.

I wonder what the reaction would be to Kabam offering a T4CC for 1400 units as a pure unit offer, with no cash purchase required.
    Is that a good deal or bad deal for t4CC?

It’s awful. They’ve had deals for them for far less.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    JRock808 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Narcuul wrote: »
    I can see the advertisement for this now.

"Don't feel like you're spending enough units on energy refills every day? Well, don't worry, cause we have the answer for you. For the low price of 2 full energy refills, a bargain at only 30 units a piece, you can go questing for t4cc! That's right, you can earn almost 1/24th of a catalyst! Doesn't seem like a good deal? It's not, but what else are you gonna spend those units on, featured grand master crystals? Even we know those things are a joke!"

Now that I think about it, you have to run the thing about 23 times and change to get enough fragments for a T4CC crystal. If you are a moron, you could choose to do that by buying energy refills every single day just to run that one thing. If you do, it will end up costing you about 1400 units in refills, plus or minus, on average.

I wonder what the reaction would be to Kabam offering a T4CC for 1400 units as a pure unit offer, with no cash purchase required.
    Is that a good deal or bad deal for t4CC?

It’s awful. They’ve had deals for them for far less.

They have occasionally had better deals for cash. But I do not recall a better deal for units.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    You're stupid if you do this every day. With that said, I spent months trying to get the t4cc to get iceman to 4/55. I'm in a 5x5 alliance and can complete uncollected. Thanks to rotten luck, I can't get a full catalyst. I bought every glory deal available for months and finally got there today.

This quest is for me. It's for when you're a long way from a big upgrade. It's 1550 frags total when you consider the chests. If I do that for 6 weeks (9300 frags) that offsets 5 glory purchases (1350 glory).
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    It’s a nice addition to help acumlate shards from more sources. All the negitave comments seem to not take in account that this is just a small portion of the bigger picture. It’s nice to be able to have something useful to spend left over energy on.
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    yep waste of time, its better to run the t2 map and sell them.
  • IcehawklbIcehawklb Posts: 180
    It's basically the equivalent of $50 for 1 t4cc. No thanks.
  • Earth_Rick_c137Earth_Rick_c137 Posts: 147
    I would like do this if I didn't actually have to do this. All too often anymore, I have 70 energy but no time to even pilot my team through some auto fights. I get it, knock out a few alliance quest or war fights then I gotta get back to work or my baby or whatever. If I could just dump 50 energy for a handful of t4cc frags I would do it in a heartbeat.
    Icehawklb wrote: »
    It's not the equivalent of any money. You can do it in 2 Energy Refills, and that can be done by asking for Help.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    While I appreciate the added event it really doesn't strike me as particularly useful and given I am probably the target market (no AQ or War, only see shard crystals via EQ) I am happy using the QE on T2 and T3 when I have nothing to do.

If I were under 2000 shards to form a cat and it would fill a set I might consider it but otherwise, nup.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    It's not the equivalent of any money. You can do it in 2 Energy Refills, and that can be done by asking for Help.

Is this trolling?
    _GRINDER_ wrote: »
    has there been any announcement on this ? Someone please share the link . I dont see t4cc daily quest

This is the announcement
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/82642/introducing-new-expert-class-catalyst-daily-quests#latest

Is this trolling?

Not at all. I don't know why people have to convert everything to money as if that's the requirement. It's misleading.
    It takes 136 Energy. You use your Energy, ask for Help, wait, and come back and finish. Not that daunting if you need the Frags. The whole idea of converting Energy into money is based on not wanting to wait. Fair enough, but there is no requirement of spending involved.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    Not at all. I don't know why people have to convert everything to money as if that's the requirement. It's misleading.
    It takes 136 Energy. You use your Energy, ask for Help, wait, and come back and finish. Not that daunting if you need the Frags. The whole idea of converting Energy into money is based on not wanting to wait. Fair enough, but there is no requirement of spending involved.

Exceedingly useful advice for those who are not in an alliance or have very casual teammates.

Would you agree that these people are disadvantaged under this system.

• 136 energy for full exploration and only
    1400 t4cc.

Not worth the time or energy in my opinion.

What do you all think?

Not worth at all. Make that 600 to 900 t2 alpha and now we are talking.

Is this trolling?

Even when you are in an alliance, asking for help will grant you only 10. And that's it for... I think 8 hours?
    And this takes 4 per tile, it's a long quest, and there are plenty of places in the game to spend those energies, with better rewards.

Everything can be translated into money in this game, but it can also be translated into time. Time makes no sense in MCOC. Players are bending the laws of physics with money to get stuff.
    phillgreen wrote: »

Exceedingly useful advice for those who are not in an alliance or have very casual teammates.

Not really. The Energy refills on its own. You get 29 Energy as a result of Help. It just saves time. Really not that hard to go do something else while it fills.
    phillgreen wrote: »

Not really. The Energy refills on its own. You get 29 Energy as a result of Help. It just saves time. Really not that hard to go do something else while it fills.

I think you should check how it works. It does not give you 29 energy, it can only give you 10.
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★

I'm pretty sure you only get 8-10 energy with help.

99% sure it's not 29.

It's one Point per Click, as far as I know. In any case, that still doesn't support the claim that people are at a disadvantage. Less, actually.
    It's one Point per Click, as far as I know. In any case, that still doesn't support the claim that people are at a disadvantage. Less, actually.

When you ask for help, go to the alliance help tab and check your requests. You will see how many times you have been given help, and there is a limit to the energy (10).
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    It is 1 point per click but once it's clicked the max times (10) it's done. Just like how an arena help can take 4 or 5 clicks from different alliance members.

When you ask for help, go to the alliance help tab and check your requests. You will see how many times you have been given help, and there is a limit to the energy (10).

Ah. Didn't notice that. Thanks. Is that for the 8 hours, or does it reset?
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    You can ask for help every 8 hours. But every time someone clicks help I do think it’s 2 energy up to 10 people so 20 energy every 8 hours so 60 in a day
    Batman05 wrote: »
    You can ask for help every 8 hours. But every time someone clicks help I do think it’s 2 energy up to 10 people so 20 energy every 8 hours so 60 in a day

Good to know. It's one of those things I figured was 1 per person, per Request. I knew it wasn't a large amount.
  • FoldinBoxesFoldinBoxes Posts: 34
    edited July 2018
    This game is hugely demoralizing for me right now.

Here's my situation in brief: I started playing just under 3 months ago and am currently at ~90,000 rating. I have ONE four-star at rank 5 thanks to a rank-up gem I purchased a few weeks back. I have a handful of four-star characters ready to go to rank 5, but am completely roadblocked by t4cc. My roster is too poor for high level AQ, and I'm just getting creamed in AW.

It takes a shocking THREE t4cc to rank 5 a four-star, let alone the other costs. For where I am in the game it feels like it will be a long time before I am able to progress any of these characters any further.

Also, now that I am apparently in the "veterans" Arena bracket, I went from winning and building a four star roster to not being able to put up anywhere near a competitive score with my meager roster. I put up 1.6 mil for MODOK and I put in an ungodly amount of time to get even there.

From a progression point of view, I am simply not competing in the same landscape that players who joined this game on day 1 were. I believe the progression system in this game should take into account some degree of "rubber banding" to make the obsolete content quicker to get through.

Suggestions:
    - Arena brackets based on rating rather than account newness. Alternatively, if that is too complex, expand the beginner, intermediate, and veteran brackets to something longer than 30/60 days.
    - t4cc should be much easier to get. It doesn't seem like t4cc is a roadblock for anyone EXCEPT new players. Experienced players seem roadblocked by t5b and t2a. Alternatively, reduce the rank up costs on four-stars.

It feels like it will be months before I see any roster progression (ignoring horizontal depth) and I hate to be one of those "oh I'm going to quit" whiners, but really... it's the growth/RPG element that has hooked me on this game and if there's no compelling path forward, the motivation to play will disappear.
    I usually just click it and come back to it later.
    This game is hugely demoralizing for me right now.

Here's my situation in brief: I started playing just under 3 months ago and am currently at ~90,000 rating. I have ONE four-star at rank 5 thanks to a rank-up gem I purchased a few weeks back. I have a handful of four-star characters ready to go to rank 5, but am completely roadblocked by t4cc. My roster is too poor for high level AQ, and I'm just getting creamed in AW.

It takes a shocking THREE t4cc to rank 5 a four-star, let alone the other costs. For where I am in the game it feels like it will be a long time before I am able to progress any of these characters any further.

Also, now that I am apparently in the "veterans" Arena bracket, I went from winning and building a four star roster to not being able to put up anywhere near a competitive score with my meager roster. I put up 1.6 mil for MODOK and I put in an ungodly amount of time to get even there.

From a progression point of view, I am simply not competing in the same landscape that players who joined this game on day 1 were. I believe the progression system in this game should take into account some degree of "rubber banding" to make the obsolete content quicker to get through.

Suggestions:
    - Arena brackets based on rating rather than account newness. Alternatively, if that is too complex, expand the beginner, intermediate, and veteran brackets to something longer than 30/60 days.
    - t4cc should be much easier to get. It doesn't seem like t4cc is a roadblock for anyone EXCEPT new players. Experienced players seem roadblocked by t5b and t2a. Alternatively, reduce the rank up costs on four-stars.

It feels like it will be months before I see any roster progression (ignoring horizontal depth) and I hate to be one of those "oh I'm going to quit" whiners, but really... it's the growth/RPG element that has hooked me on this game and if there's no compelling path forward, the motivation to play will disappear.

I'd say yes to bracket depending on rating.

It could be tricky though, as you could have mostly bad champions. But there is no solution to that.