**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW rating adjusted?

RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
So after a win we were war rating 2,033. I logged in this morning and we were at 1,733. Any reason this could’ve happened ? Leadership hasn’t gotten any notifications

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Someone broke TOS in your alliance. Your leader will receive an in game email with a generic response and no details as to why.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    People are piloting or cheating in some other way... try to figure out who it is/affirm with your guys to stop. Sucks man, sorry.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Ugh yet another one.

They are cracking down on that and hacking and anytime there's a drop in your war rating it's due to that and trust me if you think that a 300 point drop is bad you really think again.

If it's not to widespread then you only get the minor penalty, if it is then your entire war rating could get set to zero or worse and hings that affect the war rating is always due to cheating of some kind whether it's account sharring, pilioting, hacking or modding or all of the above.

We know something is fishy anytime someone's rating drops and we've seen a ton of these posts and they all end the same kabam saying someone in your alliance did something illegal and got caught and the thread will get closed just like all the rest.

You should really check your alliance out and talk to your leader to figure what's going on, it sucks that kabam doesn't tell us who it is but it is what it is and we have to figure out how deal with it.
  • RoxRox Posts: 4
    Same here. We dropped 300 pts and no email.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,756 ★★★★★
    Actually this just happened to my alliamce as well ...
    No one got the message. The rating went down for a moment to the other, and I'm pretty sure no one shared accounts
  • GaanjGaanj Posts: 33
    Ugh yet another one.

They are cracking down on that and hacking and anytime there's a drop in your war rating it's due to that and trust me if you think that a 300 point drop is bad you really think again.

If it's not to widespread then you only get the minor penalty, if it is then your entire war rating could get set to zero or worse and hings that affect the war rating is always due to cheating of some kind whether it's account sharring, pilioting, hacking or modding or all of the above.

We know something is fishy anytime someone's rating drops and we've seen a ton of these posts and they all end the same kabam saying someone in your alliance did something illegal and got caught and the thread will get closed just like all the rest.

You should really check your alliance out and talk to your leader to figure what's going on, it sucks that kabam doesn't tell us who it is but it is what it is and we have to figure out how deal with it.

It shouldn't just be it is what it is though. That's like modifying AQ rewards or anything else in the game without telling the player base why. I should at least be able to trust the game to explain this, even if completely generic. If someone broke the ToS, fine I accept the consequences, but I want to know for sure that's why this has happened.

Summoner,

Your alliance has been deducted 300 points in alliance war. We apologize for the inconvenience. - That right there would at least acknowledge there is a player amongst your teammates that needs to move forward, but does Kabam have it written anywhere that this is the confirmed penalty for when Player A does Sketchy or rule breaking thing B?

As broken as this game has been in the past month, this is all myself and several other players needed to fully push me away from this game and the lack of communication. So much of the phone and hard earned efforts by the players has been put forth and been tampered with or not received or bugged. It's getting old.

Send everyone a message instead of creeping in the backdoor, reducing rating and throwing your hands up on the way out without communicating with ALL the players it affects...
    edited July 2018
    Gaanj wrote: »
    Ugh yet another one.

It shouldn't just be it is what it is though. That's like modifying AQ rewards or anything else in the game without telling the player base why. I should at least be able to trust the game to explain this, even if completely generic. If someone broke the ToS, fine I accept the consequences, but I want to know for sure that's why this has happened.

Summoner,

Your alliance has been deducted 300 points in alliance war. We apologize for the inconvenience. - That right there would at least acknowledge there is a player amongst your teammates that needs to move forward, but does Kabam have it written anywhere that this is the confirmed penalty for when Player A does Sketchy or rule breaking thing B?

As broken as this game has been in the past month, this is all myself and several other players needed to fully push me away from this game and the lack of communication. So much of the phone and hard earned efforts by the players has been put forth and been tampered with or not received or bugged. It's getting old.

Send everyone a message instead of creeping in the backdoor, reducing rating and throwing your hands up on the way out without communicating with ALL the players it affects...

Agree with you somewhat but there isn't anything we can really do about it, they have thier ways, their rules, and won't tell us about who did what and when and during what mode do their privacy terms but shrug.

It kinda sucks they don't give us the option to do anything about it and it's really not going to change anytime soon if at all it's just something we have to deal with or we all just stop spending or playing.
    edited July 2018
    This is completely new to me, I wasn't aware players were being robbed without communication. I'm still not certain if it is the result of a visual bug until kabam confirms anything... I mean at least robbing us in the open, they try to correct when AQ or something gets screwed up. Making 300 points in war vanish that me and many teammates have spent tons of resources on throughout the weeks is a different tune. Option for us is to definitely stop spending and playing. That's just wrong.
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    They had been notifying the leader. If the leader says they havent gotten it, maybe thats the only issue we can get resolved on this as they will not comment otherwise due to privacy concerns.
    Ugh yet another one.

Summoner,

Agree with you somewhat but there isn't anything we can really do about it, they have thier ways, their rules, and won't tell us about who did what and when and during what mode.

They don't give us the option to do anything about it and it's really not going to change anytime soon if at all it's just something we have to deal with or we all just stop spending or playing.

What is there to disagree about anyway? If your alliance lost 300 points right now you wouldn't agree that a message would be nice haha what are you saying?
    Fantasy_91 wrote: »
    They had been notifying the leader. If the leader says they havent gotten it, maybe thats the only issue we can get resolved on this as they will not comment otherwise due to privacy concerns.

How do you know this is for sure the case? That the leader is notified?
  • RoxRox Posts: 4
    If we didn’t get a message how are we to assume that this is a pilot/app deduction and not a screw up on Kabam part? We lost our last war plus it was the first war we did with 3bgs instead of 2.
    edited July 2018

Some people post the message they get from kabam or their support, most of the time they will send the leader a message, if they don't tell you about it.

Then it could mean that your leader most likely knows about it or they are the one doing it themselves and they don't care about the rest of the people in their alliance.
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    My alliance hasnt been affected by a penalty so I can't say for sure but most threads I read when they started adjusted AW rating stated it. I'll see if I can find one of those threads.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Cracking down on this during off season is actually a benefit for your alliance. So many alliances trying to tank war rating and you get `rewarded' because you still kept your win rewards compare to someone who is tanking by losing wars. Now you can weed out the cheaters without worrying about dropping ranking AND start the season with easier war.

Some people post the message, most of the time they will send the leader a message, if they don't tell you about it.

Your leader most likely knows about it or are doing it themselves and they don't care about the rest of the people in their alliance.

If Kabam confirms this then I'd at least know the leader had been made aware of, and chose to withhold information. If not then the player is still left wondering why with no explanation.
    edited July 2018

Some people post the message, most of the time they will send the leader a message, if they don't tell you about it.

Your leader most likely knows about it or are doing it themselves and they don't care about the rest of the people in their alliance.

If Kabam confirms this then I'd at least know the leader had been made aware of, and chose to withhold information. If not then the player is still left wondering why with no explanation.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/71851/war-ratings-adjustment

01a1cpcqdt1d.png

There's a picture here of what they get, though we've never gotten one in my alliance, I have seen many many of these all over the place and they've been cracking down for awhile.

If your war rating went down then your leader most likely got that message and it's up to them to tell you or not and if they don't well then they're probably responsible or have knowledge of it
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    nijvraan8nev.png

Again I invite the mod who closes this thread to share his or her advice as to how a leader in this situation should proceed. Not details on a specific action, not something that would break privacy rules... just a simple “What would you do if it were you?”
    I just need a moderator to confirm this isn't a visual bug and losing 300 points in war is directly linked to a player violating a/any rules.

Did my alliance lose 300 points today intentionally or is this an error?
This discussion has been closed.