**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why 24 Hours?

Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
I applaud Kabam for the nice deals. Finally something worth spending on... However, pay day is 48 hours away, and these deals will be gone before that. Guess I miss out on this one.

Why limit your sales?

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    I agree, I've had that situation many of times and it's so annoying.

• DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Yeah me too wish they would be there for a few days but oh well maybe next time
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    I applaud Kabam for the nice deals. Finally something worth spending on... However, pay day is 48 hours away, and these deals will be gone before that. Guess I miss out on this one.

Why limit your sales?

Just put it on a credit card.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    @Draco2199 I deliberately do NOT use my CC for this. If I want something in a game I will buy the Apple or Google Play cards. My CCs are used for real life emergencies. That's a setup that I can't justify messing up regardless of how good the deal is. Lol.

@neb No offense taken. I've easily put in low 5 figures into this game over the 2.5 years it's been around, but I only ever use "disposable income" and that is not in the budget this week. Come Thursday, I'd be flush again. Lol.

Oh, I was just saying if you would buy it in 2 days put on your card and pay that off right away. No interest is charged then.
    @Draco2199 it's tempting. I just don't know if I will then fall down the rabbit hole of always putting stuff like this on the cards and then spiraling into debt oblivion. Hahaha. I'm weak like that. That's why I have so far managed NOT to add CCs to my apple and google accounts.
    @Draco2199 it's tempting. I just don't know if I will then fall down the rabbit hole of always putting stuff like this on the cards and then spiraling into debt oblivion. Hahaha. I'm weak like that. That's why I have so far managed NOT to add CCs to my apple and google accounts.

As long as you know that its a one time thing you will be fine.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    @Draco2199 I deliberately do NOT use my CC for this. If I want something in a game I will buy the Apple or Google Play cards. My CCs are used for real life emergencies. That's a setup that I can't justify messing up regardless of how good the deal is. Lol.

@neb No offense taken. I've easily put in low 5 figures into this game over the 2.5 years it's been around, but I only ever use "disposable income" and that is not in the budget this week. Come Thursday, I'd be flush again. Lol.

I can relate. Lol. I've already spent 3 figures in the last 5 days. It's usually how it works. I'll have to let them pass.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    I get paid monthly so not for another 10 days, miss a lot of deals like this for that reason and don't have a credit card
    edited July 2017

I can relate. Lol. I've already spent 3 figures in the last 5 days. It's usually how it works. I'll have to let them pass.

Haha. Love how they Flag that as Spam. Some things never change.

I didn't flag anything
    Draco2199 wrote: »

I didn't flag anything

Wasn't directed at you. Just the ones that Flagged it for no reason. Not that I care. Doesn't bother me a bit. It's just amusing to see people behave like that.
    Draco2199 wrote: »

I didn't flag anything

Wasn't directed at you. Just the ones that Flagged it for no reason. Not that I care. Doesn't bother me a bit. It's just amusing to see people behave like that.

Oh, I was just making sure you knew it wasn't me.
  • Jonrdz1Jonrdz1 Posts: 201
    Thank you kabammm my favorite villain of all times
  • Jonrdz1Jonrdz1 Posts: 201
    iwydhn7o7rkj.png
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Hold your thanks till you see how he plays. Makes me a sad panda. :(
    neb wrote: »
    Hold your thanks till you see how he plays. Makes me a sad panda. :(

I know he's not what was expected, but I'm getting used to him.
  • gatra_hpgatra_hp Posts: 98
    it's unfortunate kabam offers these deals for 24hours only.
    it should be 3 days
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    Please don't take this the wrong way but If you're living paycheck to paycheck maybe this game isn't the best way to spend your money.

Lol you douche, maybe with that pay check they have to pay rent, mortgage, food for family, petrol, bills, clothes etc and have kids.

Not all are living in their parents basement free of charge. So it is a valid point the 24 hour rule can suck.

You are a moron
  • furymachine84furymachine84 Posts: 80
    Couldn't agree more. The specials & promotions need to be offered multiple times in the week they're released. Or run them for longer periods of time.
    I happen to be a single father of 2. So 99.99% of my money goes towards my daughters & the things they need. I generally set aside $15-$30 each pay for myself. But stuff happens & sometimes I have to raid my stash for emergencies.
    As my luck is generally that of the bad kind, I had to use my mcoc funds for an emergency. An hour before the deal was released. Wouldn't you know it the other kick in the crouch.... I get paid tomorrow, Thursday 07-06-2017 between 7 & 9 am eastern time.
    A lot of people playing this game have spent ridiculous sums while doing so.

Kabam/Netmarkable.... Please, please, please extend the promotions!?!?!??!!!?????
    And of course Laban has not responded. Makes me beyond angry.
    Kabam* auto correct hates me.
    And of course Laban has not responded. Makes me beyond angry.

Something like, "we've taken this feedback to marketing" would suffice.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

You an alot of others who bought the gem an the marvel crystals
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    DAVIDTH wrote: »
    Please don't take this the wrong way but If you're living paycheck to paycheck maybe this game isn't the best way to spend your money.

Lol you douche, maybe with that pay check they have to pay rent, mortgage, food for family, petrol, bills, clothes etc and have kids.

Not all are living in their parents basement free of charge. So it is a valid point the 24 hour rule can suck.

You are a moron

Another teenage troll
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    It's to create impulse purchases. So people think something is rare and they don't want to miss out on it cause that'll make them feel bad.

This is the main reason. Plenty of studies have been done in similar situations and Netmarble/Kabam knows that 24-hours is the "sweet spot" for deals like this. Offer it for less time and not enough people will take part, offer it longer and people would have too much time to think on it and eventually pass (or forget.) With such a limited window they must have the data that backs up this is what makes them the most money.
    edited July 2017
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

You an alot of others who bought the gem an the marvel crystals

Actually, I spent about $150 on Units because I was dealing with lag, and I was trying for 2099. Lol. I passed on the Offers because I didn't want to extend my budget for it. I was just saying that it usually works out that Deals come after I've spent what I wanted. Lol. Just timing. I've spent thousands on the game. My choices are my own. I don't really hold anyone else responsible.
    It's to create impulse purchases. So people think something is rare and they don't want to miss out on it cause that'll make them feel bad.

I guess there's data on that... I just figured the longer the purchase was available, the more sales they would have.