**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

If you’ve explored 5.3, my respect for you knows no bounds.

BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
Seriously, I just started today and decided I wanted to finish it so that I could be done with this because holy ****. It’s ridiculous. The difficulty from 5.1 and 2 (which I actually enjoyed other than Buffet, Masochism, and the Collector) mixed with the tediousness of act 4. I’m pretty much out of healing items, Gold, and Units after that. Kudos to you if you’ve actually worked enough to 100% that, because I’m not doing it for a LONG time.

Comments

• Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    It only gets easier after 5.3. IMO and several friends who have all 100% Act 5, 5.4 was easier than 5.3. Also, 5.1 and 5.2 are easy minus the Collector.
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    I didn’t really think 5.3 was hard... it was just boring AF. Definitely my least favorite chapter.
  • BrandonisBatmanBrandonisBatman Posts: 105
    And I’m over here stressing about how much energy Act 4 is taking from me 😑🔫
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Jaded wrote: »
    5.4 is by far the most fun to do.

Really? Great. While there were some parts I disliked, I really like 5.1 and 5.2 overall.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Just don't force yourself to rush it. It's about 24 hours total of gameplay. That's ridiculous and it's all boring on top of it. But if you just do a lane every now and then instead of forcing yourself to do away with it, it's not AS bad.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    If you have duped Star-Lord, he's good there
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Star Lord and Hyperion are great if you don't have multiple high rank 4*s and 5*s of each class
  • ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    I just explored 5.4. It was fun and bosses were easy. I attempted 5.3 earlier, but it just seems like such a drag...
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    and here I wanted to get act 5 100% done..so I can go into aw season 1 with r5 5*.

Act v in a nutshell, is long,hard,boring, but rewards are well worth it.

Or you could wait 1-2 years and it will be easy with R2/3/4 6*?

• Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    My advice to all my alliance mates was work backwards. Do 5.4. 5.3 and then 5.2. 100 percent.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Bahamut wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »
    5.4 is by far the most fun to do.

Really? Great. While there were some parts I disliked, I really like 5.1 and 5.2 overall.

I enjoyed 5.4 because every lane was different. I wasn’t going in with the same team every path I did. I also only had 1 5* r4 which was my duped star lord. So I relied heavy on my diverse maxed out 4*. A lot of good unique fights in that chapter.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Recently finished of act 5 as well.
    Started reversed after getting done with 5.2.5 from 5.4 backward to the Collector.
    Indeed, 5.3 was extremely tedious. To the point I was GLAD to be going up against the Collector again. Even though he is a major sucker, he was more enjoyable than anything that was 5.3...
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    5.3 bosses are easy, getting to the boss is super long and boring. Also I think 5.3 champs have seriously high attack power. Fortunately I had a rank4 starlord
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    5.3 is way harder than 5.4 imo
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    I just fully explored it last week and personally feel it is easier than 5.2 and 5.4. Only thing is fights are longer if you don't use the "correct" class. I also like how the AI is more aggressive compared to 5.2.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    It really all depends on your roster. Certain paths require specific champs to complete them with minimal frustration.

All in all I thought 5.3 was much harder than 5.2 (minus collector) and a little harder than 5.4.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Most of the paths in 5.3 are longer, and some of the lanes are rather tough. More chances for a mistake deep into a run, requiring a revive.

5.4 paths are generally shorter, with less fights. Easier to bail and restart if you mess up a ways in rather than waste revives. You can also use more champs in more places, biohazard being a big exception, where you need double immunes.

5.3 is generally considered the worst of the lot, completion wise. Well, other than the unit collector, but that’s just something everyone has to deal with as best they can,