**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

please read this about IM

HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Ad0ra_

Iron Man: One of Marvel's most important characters, (Iron Man's armor is much more than just armor increase, and arc overhead and cause a small break in armor of short duration.
His armor has the ability to read opponent's fighting standards, find weaknesses, plus Tony Stark being a great strategist in battle.

Superior Iron Man: Armor based on the technology of the symbiont and is one of the most powerful armor of Tony Stark, armor with great protection, such as: force fields and sonic protection (which was the weak point of the Venom symbiote, the loud sound), better armor of the Tony in absorbing and storing energy, this armor is controlled through the psionic connection, allowing complete control.

But in the game Iron Man and Superior Iron Man: are champions with very little damage, both in the base attack and the specials are still weak, the only thing that provides is the overload of the bow (weak champion for attack and also AW's defense, specials are the easiest to dodge).

It's shameful what you did to one of Marvel's most popular characters, making the Iron Man and Superior Iron Man a useless total.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    You make a fair point; but he is a fairly old champion. Think of him as representing a very early model of Iron Man's Armour, without the nanotechnology and so forth.

Actually the armour break is reasonable and your can use it to ramp up his damage following an SP1 or SP3 quite effectively.

Landing the SP2 is a problem for both IM and SIM; as it doesn't chain effectively into a combo. However, do pay attention to the damage your SP3 inflicts next time you use it; and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Sadly, original Iron Man clearly isn't going to be buffed - we've got IMIW instead; who's gone a little too far in the opposite direction, and has more abilities than you could shake a stick at. Possibly he might pick up a synergy at some point, but for now, I'm afraid he's not going to change.

I've already seen that you do not know the Endo-Sym that is armor model 50, one of the most powerful armor he's ever made.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    No doubt OGIM needs a buff
  • AdityatheaawesomAdityatheaawesom Posts: 101
    I definitely agree.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    When I started play this game, I used Spider man, Iron man, Hulk Buster, Hulk, Thor, Colossus, as a 2 star. I thought: wow, this is a marvel game I'm looking for.
    After playing a while, My top champs are: Blade, Ghost Rider, Guillotine, Kingpin,... wait, is this even a Marvel game?

I play this Blade video game where I am called a summoner (for some reason). It's called marvel contest of champions but it's really not a contest. Basically you get Blade, take him as high as you can, and then put people around him to make him as strong as possible. And that's it.

Meh. DV is just as useful and not just against certain people or with certain synergies. Just awakened and he can handle almost every utility aside from immunities.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    When I started play this game, I used Spider man, Iron man, Hulk Buster, Hulk, Thor, Colossus, as a 2 star. I thought: wow, this is a marvel game I'm looking for.
    After playing a while, My top champs are: Blade, Ghost Rider, Guillotine, Kingpin,... wait, is this even a Marvel game?

I play this Blade video game where I am called a summoner (for some reason). It's called marvel contest of champions but it's really not a contest. Basically you get Blade, take him as high as you can, and then put people around him to make him as strong as possible. And that's it.

Meh. DV is just as useful and not just against certain people or with certain synergies. Just awakened and he can handle almost every utility aside from immunities.

Well even his L2 (even combo) with his power burn/damage deals with immunity rather nicely.
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Kabam didn't make them weak. They're just outdated. They were considered fairly powerful at release. They simply need an update.
    Champions very old, especially the Iron Man that was when he launched the game and never had an update.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »

Well even his L2 (even combo) with his power burn/damage deals with immunity rather nicely.

I mean he isn't immune to anything, but yea there's no one that DV has an issue attacking otherwise.
    The unfortunate thing is that many new champions are coming OP, the last Domino and Ghost, and old champions that was supposed to be strong, for what they stand for in the Marvel Universe are useless, exemple: Iron Man, Superior Iron Man, She Hulk, Black Widow who got weak, Antman, Magneto, this is unfortunate.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★

And then you fight Domino or Iron Man IW and come crying on the forum that they are broken, because Blade can't bleed them to death.

I`m not reffering to the actual person that wrote the post. I`m talking in general.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    The unfortunate thing is that many new champions are coming OP, the last Domino and Ghost, and old champions that was supposed to be strong, for what they stand for in the Marvel Universe are useless, exemple: Iron Man, Superior Iron Man, She Hulk, Black Widow who got weak, Antman, Magneto, this is unfortunate.

So kabam should release terrible champions then?
    Would that make you happy?
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★

I think OP would be happy if they reworked old champs instead. That'd make me happy.

I think OP would be happy if they reworked old champs instead. That'd make me happy.

Ok I can agree with you on that but at the same time there does need to be balance in the game so we can't rework all the champions
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★

Ok I can agree with you on that but at the same time there does need to be balance in the game so we can't rework all the champions

Champions being bad isnt balanced.
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    edited July 2018
    It's the carrot on a stick. New champions with uber new powers and higher ratings lead to whales buying tons of crystals, generating Kabam lots of $$$$$. And since most of the biggest names in the Marvel Universe came out in the game waaaaaaaay back when, they're kinda left by the wayside. That's why we end up with lesser known champions being top dogs. Would love to see some old champ updates, but it's never going to be a high priority. They have done a little revisiting of old champs, but really there's no monetary incentive in that for Kabam outside of pleasing the general population enough to keep playing. That's why we're seeing alternative versions of the old champs presented as new champs, like Rag Hulk or Rag Thor or Infinity War IM, or Stark Spidey. That way the beloved characters can be relevant again while generating revenue.

I mean, this is a free game, and I'm sure the Marvel licensing isn't cheap, they've gotta keep the lights on somehow.
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    New champs with uber new powers and higher ratings bring in the whales, buying up crystals and generating Kabam a bunch of money. Since most of the big name Marvel champs came out early in the game, the new ones are going to be lesser and lesser known. There's not much monetary value in boosting old champs from Kabam's perspective, outside of appeasing the general populace enough to keep us playing. And they have revisit a handful of old champs and improved them. I'd love if they revisited a lot of the old champs, but it'll never be a priority.

They have reintroduced several beloved champs by way of turning them into new champs. Like IWIM, or Rag Hulk, or Rag Thor, or Spark, etc. You get to play a fan favorite champ, they are top level to play with, and people spend tons of cash to get them right away. And let's be fair, this is a free game. I'm sure Marvel licensing isn't cheap. They have to keep the lights on somehow.
    Isman1998 wrote: »

Yes it is to balance out the game you need good and bad champions too many good champions would just make the game too easy
    Isman1998 wrote: »

Yes it is to balance out the game you need good and bad champions too many good champions would just make the game too easy

There's enough aspects to the game that no one should just be horrible though. Some should be good for short fights, long fights, defense, glass cannon, tanky, utility, etc. Just being poison or bleed immune is no excuse for Kamala or Colossus. They just need something added to make them viable, the same way LC and RH were just retooled. It didn't break the game or make people stop spending money. It just let them have more fun with the guys they already had.
    Gwenpool has an insane armor break after using S3 that if you know how to use it can last the whole fight, while IM and SIM has low armor breaking and lasts a short time, if you do not want to change a lot, it's just to improve those armor breaks and increase the power bursts, because the two have the S1 and S2 easier to dodge the game.
    It's shameful, there are champions like Corvus Clave, Spiderman tech, Ghost and Blade with synergy, champions with monstrous critical damage, and every champion added lately, they're being tops, (I will not even mention the reason), old champions who deserved an upgrade (Iron-Man, Superior Iron-Man, Hulkbuster), I do not even need to talk about the reason for not updating old champions, which is regrettable.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    JRock808 wrote: »
    Iron man:
    uq2cr5qx1z7s.png
    zlnk8mcp17fz.png
    And iron man:
    4tv73911olrf.png
    zfg2d86ar0ny.png
    np6280xg1s7v.png
    hge3y9k86q9f.png
    y7b5a9vh62oo.png
    ub2fxw1irdoi.png

im done so @kabam made his iron man 37 armor "bleeding edge" his iron man 50 armor which is his superior iron man. read the description they called his imiw armor number 50. it is suppose to be number 37, number 50 is his superior iron man armor
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Kabam refuses to invest in updating old champions. How can you attract new customers if the stars of the MCU are total weaklings?
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Kabam refuses to invest in updating old champions. How can you attract new customers if the stars of the MCU are total weaklings?

Because many newer players are coming in off of the movies, and what do you have now? If you saw IW, you have CAIW and IMIW. Antman & the Wasp? Hey, look, there's Wasp and Ghost! You come in as a new player, probably sparked by the MCU, and you see a lot of new champs from MCU sources. People don't see IW and go, wow, I wish I could play as his outdated scrapheap IM suit! They want the blasters, the nano-tech, the light dusting of what was once Peter Parker all over it, etc.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Ad0ra_

Explain to me one thing, how can the mark 37 armor be OP and the Mark 50 be ****, the SIM has been added for a long time and it looks like it will never have an update, I just hope it does not add the Superior Iron Man and Iron Man in crystals of 6 *, all do not want to spend much time to open 1 6 *, open and pick up any of these two garbage.