**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Using in phone software to play mcoc with a controller

2»

Comments

• roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Plus the phone would start as default until you change it per game app. For example Fortnite you change the touchscreen, triggering and all that adjusted for your own fit for Fortnite. In mcoc you can change back to default again somewhere at ROG’s setting before launching mcoc app. So you won’t be banned because you ensure you default the touchscreen back to its normal again :)
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    If you are using a button to evade instead of swiping how is that not modifying the game? I don't know whether it's something which would be detectable, so it may not get you a ban, but it's definitely modifying the game. It's not like using an Ipad.

The game will have been in no way touched....
    In no way modified.....
    it is all the phone.....
    The phone would be registering your press on the air button and simulating a swipe action.....
    The game would be getting a swip input just as if you did it yourself.....
    There is already an accessibility option on iphone which allows you to save custom gestures....
    it is not practical at all for mcoc....
    i used to use it with pokemon go so with one press on an accessibility overlay i could throw the perfect shot instead of swiping.....
    This button on the asus phone would just make a custom swipe action on demand.... game recieves exact same input as if you swiped.

"The game would be getting a swipe input just as if you did it yourself..."
    But you didn't do it yourself. As you say, it's simulating a swipe action. That's modifying the game lol. Like I said I don't know whether it would be something detectable and I don't know what Kabam's position would be as Mod's don't feel inclined to comment. Even if they did comment, we have seen recently that Mod comments are really for entertainment purposes only.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    If you are using a button to evade instead of swiping how is that not modifying the game? I don't know whether it's something which would be detectable, so it may not get you a ban, but it's definitely modifying the game. It's not like using an Ipad.

The game will have been in no way touched....
    In no way modified.....
    it is all the phone.....
    The phone would be registering your press on the air button and simulating a swipe action.....
    The game would be getting a swip input just as if you did it yourself.....
    There is already an accessibility option on iphone which allows you to save custom gestures....
    it is not practical at all for mcoc....
    i used to use it with pokemon go so with one press on an accessibility overlay i could throw the perfect shot instead of swiping.....
    This button on the asus phone would just make a custom swipe action on demand.... game recieves exact same input as if you swiped.

"The game would be getting a swipe input just as if you did it yourself..."
    But you didn't do it yourself. As you say, it's simulating a swipe action. That's modifying the game lol. Like I said I don't know whether it would be something detectable and I don't know what Kabam's position would be as Mod's don't feel inclined to comment. Even if they did comment, we have seen recently that Mod comments are really for entertainment purposes only.

No itnis not modifying a game..... it is chamging the way you play the game.....

The game has not been touched. Modifying requires something in the game to be changed / adjusted. Nothing to do with the game has been touched.
    The game itself is still exactly as released by kabam, exactly as downloaded. Therefore un-modified.
    Nothing to do with mcoc has been touched at all.
    Parking a car in a modified garage does not make it a modified car.

o3wb3fyeni8p.jpeg
  • RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188
    If Kabam saw this as a problem they could choose not to support the device at all.
    If Kabam saw this as a problem they could choose not to support the device at all.

That would be the only way.....
    Which i think would be ludacris....
    The first phone (since nokia ngage) to be designed primarily as a gaming device. To not support it would be a bad idea.
  • TheReverendTheReverend Posts: 126
    Trying to Dex with a joystick sounds like a nightmare. The window of time you have to intercept/parry/dex would make a controller useless imo.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    No software, Bluetooth, or emulators needed. Personally I think the game controls are designed for touch screen and usuing a controller here would actually be worse. But there are some cool, legitimate tools for phones to give them controller access without actually modifying anything. They just stick on the screen to make certain movements easier. Really though, they’re designed for games with 4 way access where you have to press very specific spots. Mcoc is pretty liberal where the left and right taps/swipes can take place and still register.

n6tjnh81v69d.png

inamm18oyt5g.jpeg
  • MordridCowl_1979MordridCowl_1979 Posts: 199
    Those last two things look ludicrous. Lol
  • DarkQuakeDarkQuake Posts: 74
    Exactly how do you expect to play with a controller. Isnt it more difficult in a way. How would it work exactly.
    edited July 2018
    I'm thinking specifically double evades would be easier.

Trying with swiping us difficult because the game registers a micro block before evading.

Also may make heavies more effective if ur able to pop one with no holding.
    edited July 2018
    DarkQuake wrote: »
    Exactly how do you expect to play with a controller. Isnt it more difficult in a way. How would it work exactly.

Not talking bout with a controller like those images supplied... that would be whack.

We are talking bout inbuilt programmable buttons.
    So you have your swipe as per normal but also gain and extra 2 specific controls. Maybe one for dex and one for heavy

nj1cc1z2jtqb.jpeg
    Exactly this!
    But ROG phone with its programmable buttons isn’t that important for mcoc. Most important is that it is an gaming device with an AC fan that clips behind the phone device to prevent overheating and throttle. Meaning ROG phone will survive in a long way with most durability than other phones does
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    I'm extremely surprised a Moderator has not responded yet. @Kabam Miike or @Kabam Ahab or anyone, can we get an "ok" or "not ok" on using these devices with MCOC??
    It’s kinda amazing that we have to get their permission first before buying a phone. They’re like our parent and we’re their kids “daddy! Can I buy this one? Does it lead to ban?”
  • BmanBman Posts: 221
    Sounds like programmable controlerd that used to be around for actual gaming systems. I won’t b using that phone, so I don’t have a dog in this fight (so to speak). I do fully agree that a mod needs to comment though. At the same time though, several mods have commented on several posts about several things, only to find out that what they said was wrong or got changed/overturned. Personally I believe that when a mod makes a comment (unless totally ridiculous) Kabam should honor what the mod said. When they don’t it completely undermines anything the mods say, making most of their post questionable and untrustworthy. Creating more distrust (like they need anymore of that). A mod should atleast answer though, maybe u would have a way out if they said ok but got banned. Idk
    Badabump bump bump.

@Kabam Miike