**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sad, sad day

FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 286 ★★★
Well, Kabam has finally ruined the last part of the game that I still enjoyed - the arena. Since 19.0 came out I have lost my streak in two arenas. Before that it had been at least two years since I lost a streak. They have changed the match ups during the infinite streak and now throw some matches at you where the AI is set on pure cheat mode. I play the arena because it is relaxing, not too hard and gives you something to do to pass the time.

I have no interest in being challenged in the arena. I don’t want to spend that many hours in intense combat. I’ve been playing since December of 2014 and the only thing that has kept me around in the current pay-to-play game mode is the arena. If they don’t fix it I’ll be gone soon. Sad. It was a great game. They have destroyed it.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    They didn't change anything. There's no Official Formula. It's based on PI and averages, and it shifts depending on the Rating of the Champs in the Arena. The Arena changed itself when people added higher PI Champs.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Are you familiar with the Pareto Principle also known as the 80/20 principle? Kabam only cares about the 20% of players that fund and support it's profitability- the whales. It doesn't care about the 80% that either spends little or none at all.

The arenas now serve the whales who have at least 12-15 R4 5*s, 2-3 R5 5*s and 5-6 6*s.

We just have to find ways to avoid getting death matches and sandbag if we have to.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    raffster wrote: »
    Are you familiar with the Pareto Principle also known as the 80/20 principle? Kabam only cares about the 20% of players that fund and support it's profitability- the whales. It doesn't care about the 80% that either spends little or none at all.

The arenas now serve the whales who have at least 12-15 R4 5*s, 2-3 R5 5*s and 5-6 6*s.

We just have to find ways to avoid getting death matches and sandbag if we have to.

2 4* r5s and 1 5* r1 has prevented me from ever getting a death match.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    There is points to running arena. This has been addressed countless times but let me make things more understandable. I'll break this into 2 sections.

Part 1.
    This is for arenas that allow 5* champs.
    By now most ppl know how to get thru the gauntlet but to keep your streak you can not run a full team of 4* 3/30 or 5* 1/25. The Lowest you can use safely is a team of 2 5* at 1/25 and 1 5* at 2/35. Or 2 3/30 4* with 1 4/40 4*. Or 2 1/25 5* and 1 4/40 4*. You go under that and you risk facing a death squad.
    Section B:
    If all you do is run just your top champs the game sees this and tries to compensate by either giving a death squad or dealing a hard opponent that pulls impossible counters.
    To avoid this you need to switch to a few rounds of low teams or 3/30 4* mixed with 1 4/40 4*.

Part 2.
    This is focused to 4* arena.
    Again most already know how to get the infinite streak. The Lowest safe team is 4/40 3* or 2/20 4*. If all you do is run teams of 4/40 and 5/50 4* you will face harder and harder ai and face more of the b s opponents such as domino, modok and ironman infinity war all on the same team as maxed 5/50. So take a few round to run 3/30 4* every milestone you hit to play things safe.

I hope this helps people and feel free to copy and paste this when the next post about death squads pops up in 30 min lol.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★

Lysiszero wrote: »
    There is points to running arena. This has been addressed countless times but let me make things more understandable. I'll break this into 2 sections.

Part 1.
    By now most ppl know how to get thru the gauntlet but to keep your streak you can not run a full team of 4* 3/30 or 5* 1/25. The Lowest you can use safely is a team of 2 5* at 1/25 and 1 5* at 2/35. Or 2 3/30 4* with 1 4/40 4*. Or 2 1/25 5* and 1 4/40 4*. You go under that and you risk facing a death squad.
    Section B:
    If all you do is run just your top champs the game sees this and tries to compensate by either giving a death squad or dealing a hard opponent that pulls impossible counters.
    To avoid this you need to switch to a few rounds of low teams or 3/30 4* mixed with 1 4/40 4*.

Part 2.
    Again most already know how to get the infinite streak. The Lowest safe team is 4/40 3* or 2/20 4*. If all you do is run teams of 4/40 and 5/50 4* you will face harder and harder ai and face more of the b s opponents such as domino, modok and ironman infinity war all on the same team as maxed 5/50. So take a few round to run 3/30 4* every milestone you hit to play things safe.

I hope this helps people and feel free to copy and paste this when the next post about death squads pops up in 30 min lol.

Why would people understand and work around it, when they can simply blame kabam? :smiley:
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Lysiszero wrote: »

Part 1.
    Section B:

Part 2.

I only use my top champs and past streak 18 I never run inti hard opponents. The ai is ‘t difficult, the champs I fight don’t become the more annoying champs. And there are definitely no impossible counters.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    There’s nothing wrong with arena. You don’t know what you’re talking about clearly.. I do arena every week, have done 6 figure arena wins also and arena matches aren’t hard. Sounds like you’re using low pi champs or your skills are lacking... there’s videos you can watch to improve your parry skills... instruction on what to avoid... like when they fill 3 bars of power? That’s bad. You’ll want to avoid that. Might want to look into the game tutorial again as well.. might have some tips on different attacks. Light.. medium.. heavy... specials. You’ll get here little guy!
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Happy Trails! You will not be missed...
  • FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 286 ★★★
    Hehe. I’m not sure who is ruining the game faster - Kabam, or its band of trolls who inhabit these forums defending its greed. You guys are pitiful. You won’t be missed.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    4r1d2raq9vpk.png

This has came up so many times..
    I understand players trying to avoid these fights but check those points out..
    Personally I like these matches and deliberately seek them..
    Other players have given great advice about how to avoid them but still instead of saying "thanks for the help guys" you just want to be a jerk about it.. Kabam aren't going to change the game for one player..
    The game is evolving either evolve with it or quit it the option is yours..
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    5mrq7dtoxad3.jpeg
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    I get where the op is coming from. A death squad is a death squad. What triggers said fights or chance too has changed no doubt about that. I get too how boring arena can be and now with harder fights ai has tightened down on using specials and having or trying to bait that is so boring and can be time consuming. I have gotten to the point where i have said screw it and just eat an s3 and keep on going and hope to squeak it out.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    FabiusBR wrote: »
    Hehe. I’m not sure who is ruining the game faster - Kabam, or its band of trolls who inhabit these forums defending its greed. You guys are pitiful. You won’t be missed.

So the people providing facts and advice are trolls but not the guy that says "I know they changed" based on a feeling they are catering to pay players?
    Methinks you dont know what "troll" means.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Not sure why you wouldn't want a "death squad" after 20 wins. You get so many more points and the AI actually uses specials so the fights are easy.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    If/when I run into a "death match", I just make sure to win said fights.

Has worked for me thus far.
    It wasn’t a death squad. I know how to avoid those. It was just a hard match with a juiced AI. I started the first fight with a 40 hit combo and lost more health during the combo than my opponent. Went downhill from there. That is different.

I usually do 200+ streak in the feature arena, 12.5 mm or higher score running just five stars. Easy and relaxing. Most arenas before 19.0 I didn’t lose a fight. Losing two in a match hasn’t happened to me in years. So, something has changed and it makes the arena less fun. I’m already in a retirement alliance and have pretty much stopped all spending. Just wanted to let Kabam know that their changes are demotivating me further. Others I known feel the same.

If Kabam doesn’t care, so be it. It’s a free market.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    It wasn’t a death squad. I know how to avoid those. It was just a hard match with a juiced AI. I started the first fight with a 40 hit combo and lost more health during the combo than my opponent. Went downhill from there. That is different.

If you lost more health during a combo than your opponent then you chose a poor match for that champ. Even if that was the case though, you couldn’t win the other 2 fights to maintain your streak?
  • ICE_ICE_BABYICE_ICE_BABY Posts: 218
    Bruh you don’t know what you’re talking about... @ZzyzxGuy hit the nail on the head.

PI ceiling has increased. There are people with 3 rank 5s, go do the 4 star basic arena that hasn’t changed. But the 4 star feature, 5 star and cat arenas have changed.

I’ve noticed you need to take 2 1/25s and 1 4/40 to be sure. Anything below 9500 PI you risk a death match, sorry to say it.

since the new arenas. i only play the 5* feature.
    after tfight #19 you can use a team of two 5* 1/22 and one at R3
    for 4*s. you can go as low as R3.
    anything below that, its a death match. but you can survive those (usually). put your top champs to go first and forget about the third fight. your mission is to beat the first two fights.
    dont give up brother. i been at it since the game first came out
    Thanks for the encouragement, Ice. And CFree, I should have won all three fights. That is my frustration. I never lost matchups like that before. Now it has happened in two of the last three arenas. I don’t pay much attention when grinding the arena. Never had to before. Don’t have any desire to have to start now.
    Sometimes I start an Arena fight and get distracted and don’t start fighting back until my health is half gone, but still win the fight. Losing an Arena fight is a new experience for me. I don’t like it. So, I’m letting Kabam know. :)
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    i can usually avoid a death match by using 1 low PI 5* 1/25 with 2 high PI 5* 1/25.

I have managed to win more of the deathmatches than lose them, but it's about those with more r5 5* now. and r2 6* as well.

It's always been a calculation based on the highest possible PI. Now that's higher so...
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Use suicides and dont play AW.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    Sometimes I start an Arena fight and get distracted and don’t start fighting back until my health is half gone, but still win the fight. Losing an Arena fight is a new experience for me. I don’t like it. So, I’m letting Kabam know. :)

So really what you are saying is you lost a fight. You don't think you can lose because you are just too awesome to make a mistake. Since you lost a fight, you have to find blame on anything else but yourself because it's totally obvious you can't make any mistakes or lose. Got ya..... and everyone else are the trolls...
    The fact is you lost a round. Who cares. Kabam didn't change anything, they didn't code your fights to make the A.I cheat, they didn't slow your device down, you lost. Take it and move on.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Why Kabam still has not come up with the arena match formula is beyond me. Why does it have to be the community's job to figure things out?
This discussion has been closed.