PSA: Not all content is meant to be easy

245

Comments

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,979 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    @GroundedWisdom @Shevvel rather than overthinking on difficulty...U need to understand that not every content can be cleared with God tier or ur best available champs...Think out of the box and it is urs to take........Theres a champ who makes both adaptoid nd red skull piece of cake....even used as a 3 star......In uncollected eq....Think out of the box and you will get past....

    There's some kind of way around just about everything in the game. However, when a Master Fight is that punishing, there is a problem. I've fought enough EQs to know what is acceptable and what needs looked at. We as the Players are here to discuss with each other, and also to provide feedback. Which also includes voicing our concerns when something is too much. The problem is, whenever someone brings up the question of difficulty, they're drowned out by people who a) don't have any problem with it, b) like giving people a hard time when they're struggling, c) believe the game should be mind-numbingly hard for everyone, d) are genuinely trying to be helpful, or e) all of the above. Now, being helpful is good. I'm not disputing suggestions. What bothers me, and what really becomes unhelpful, is when people automatically draw the conclusion that the problem is the Player and that their comments aren't valid because they got through it. If something is seen as too hard, people are speaking for their own experience. Sometimes people have a significant amount of experience they're speaking from, and it just gets categorized as "Git gud." That helps no one, and everyone has the right to be heard without being called unskilled. Occasionally, it's not just whining, and there's a real concern that gets tossed to the side. Sometimes people forget they're not the only ones playing, and others are at different points.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,243 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Dude.....it's insane on Master, let alone Uncollected. There's no need to be condescending.

    It's not tho that's the problem.. I finished uncollected already found nothing unreasonable at all

    You're one person. Many people are saying it's too much. It's something that happens too often on here. Anytime someone says something is too far, or too amped up, people always jump on them, saying there's nothing wrong, "Git Gud", not all content is for everyone, etc. Only there's valid feedback being given. One person is a personal problem. Many is an issue. It's too much, and just because people got past it doesn't mean it's not an issue. There are other people playing as well.

    Very much agree with this
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    I will state this the game team pick specific champs under specific nodes then amp them up....Deadpool UC....NC on rage was a nightmare while others werent not to mention they were easy to beat....same goes for bosses they choose stupid nodes and add insane health pool to which they amp them up on difficulty....UC entire difficulty is on par with Act 5 but amped difficulty applies to certain champs on certain nodes makes it feel like we are getting Act 6 preview lol

    I will admit i aint good at the game but i can tell when a champ is amped up and when one is in normal range of difficulty
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 217 ★★
    Monthly quests get harder buy rewards stay the same. Typical kabam. I've never had to use heals or revives on master level but I did with red skull and the adaptoid. Normally 100% uncollected but not this month, in fact I'll be lucky to do 1 run through. Maybe kabam need to make an even harder level for all those saying it's easy. Making the normal quests harder is not the answet
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,979 ★★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom @Shevvel rather than overthinking on difficulty...U need to understand that not every content can be cleared with God tier or ur best available champs...Think out of the box and it is urs to take........Theres a champ who makes both adaptoid nd red skull piece of cake....even used as a 3 star......In uncollected eq....Think out of the box and you will get past....

    There's some kind of way around just about everything in the game. However, when a Master Fight is that punishing, there is a problem. I've fought enough EQs to know what is acceptable and what needs looked at. .

    It's only your opinion it needs to be looked at, doesn't matter how many EQ you've played. Many others think it's fine as is.

    Only it's not just my opinion.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,400 ★★★★★
    From what I’ve seen:
    Ronan
    Morningstar
    Magik
    Medusa
    Cap IW

    Are all reasonable counters for this fight,
    You could also use Void, anything with a long heal block, blade (with GR synergy) and Spark.

    Seems reasonable to me as there’s a fair few solid counters, sure unblockable Finale can be a pain, but that’s why you try and time that final powerful blow to knock out the last 25% in 1 go
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 2,230 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    I typically wait a week before attempting EQ, I kinda like to wait until enough tribal knowledge is on the forum before making either a rank up decision or strategy to tackle the content.

    Blasting through on day one then complaining seems like a costly way to play for me.

    I appreciate good advice but those rocking a full team of 5/65 and 4/55 are an exception not the norm and unhelpful posts like "I did it easy, git gud" are not terribly helpful at all.

    I appreciate those who go to the effort of actually helping with strategy regardless of rarity and rank rather than gloating.

    edited: Probably against forum rules.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,396 ★★★★
    HolyDrac wrote: »
    I get everyones frustrations at the start of every month when it feels like the whole world is against you and no matter what you do, you just can't clear the content. But, the harder content is exactly that. Harder. Not everyone is going to be able to walk through it without spending items and units. But that is the whole point of a progression based game. You can complain that players with bigger rosters have it easier, and they do, but they too were at your stage once struggling to complete anything. A better way to tackle these problems would be ask people for help. The community will help you, if you don't have a certain champ, we'll try to help you with someone you do have. If you absolutely can't, you have to learn to accept that that is your current ceiling and you will have to grind and improve your roster. Soon, you too will be able to walk through content. But for now, patience.

    yup i made a post about this. rmember that iceman eveyrone kept complaining about?

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/58465/remember-not-all-content-is-made-to-be-finish/p1
  • Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 263

    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom @Shevvel rather than overthinking on difficulty...U need to understand that not every content can be cleared with God tier or ur best available champs...Think out of the box and it is urs to take........Theres a champ who makes both adaptoid nd red skull piece of cake....even used as a 3 star......In uncollected eq....Think out of the box and you will get past....

    There's some kind of way around just about everything in the game. However, when a Master Fight is that punishing, there is a problem. I've fought enough EQs to know what is acceptable and what needs looked at. .

    It's only your opinion it needs to be looked at, doesn't matter how many EQ you've played. Many others think it's fine as is.

    Only it's not just my opinion.

    If a content can be cleared with a 3 star than it definitely means that the base opinion that it is very tough was not true & it just needed to be thought through.....Also there has been nothing in this game so far except LOL & Probably Icephoenix (Who was superbly doable with a 4 star r5 Cap who again people overlooked) that cant be done with 4 stars & no resource use...if you are willing to stay patient....
  • Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 263
    HolyDrac wrote: »
    @Hulksmasshh I've given up on even attempting to change GW's mind on anything. Every time I try and answer his questions with logic, he just ignores my comments and responds to people not helping matters. And then it just becomes a massive pissing contest. No point in even trying.

    @ContestOfNoobs I would say we need a post like that every month but don't know what good that would do when people don't understand the basic idea of progression. To give you an idea, when IcePhoenix was around, I couldn't even complete one run through of the UC difficulty. Since that one, I've 100% all UC content. I saw how hard it was going to be and understood that I couldn't get there so I didn't bash my head into a wall till i got through. I just told myself it's not worth my time or units. And I was really happy with my choice.

    This...Exactly my story...Again i didnt think of Cap America against Ice Phoenix..That Kinda out of Box thinking was required.....
  • ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    Last month was so incredibly easy though. Not all content will be the same. I like that the difficulty fluctuates. The paths in EQ are easy and the bosses are difficult, which is the opposite of story quests, hard paths and easy bosses.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    The domino with buffet in the last quest is worse than any of the bosses. Skill is skill and then there is just straight whale milking
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 984 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    While I agree with what has been posted, when the content is considerably harder, the rewards, even if it's just for particular content like this, or like the thanos quest, should be increased to reflect the extra effort that we have to make to complete it.

    Would you have accepted less rewards for last month's Uncollected monthly quest that was one of the easier quests put out? By your logic you should, which is why that's not a good idea.
  • HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    While I agree with what has been posted, when the content is considerably harder, the rewards, even if it's just for particular content like this, or like the thanos quest, should be increased to reflect the extra effort that we have to make to complete it.

    @Ace_03 I'll agree with this on the condition that on the months with easier EQs, they lower the rewards. I absolutely agree that content is getting harder and the rewards should match the effort. The issue is there is no sweet spot of rewards that every one will be happy with each month. What I feel they should do is update the rewards every six months or so in relation to where the game is at.
  • HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106
    HolyDrac wrote: »
    @Hulksmasshh I've given up on even attempting to change GW's mind on anything. Every time I try and answer his questions with logic, he just ignores my comments and responds to people not helping matters. And then it just becomes a massive pissing contest. No point in even trying.

    @ContestOfNoobs I would say we need a post like that every month but don't know what good that would do when people don't understand the basic idea of progression. To give you an idea, when IcePhoenix was around, I couldn't even complete one run through of the UC difficulty. Since that one, I've 100% all UC content. I saw how hard it was going to be and understood that I couldn't get there so I didn't bash my head into a wall till i got through. I just told myself it's not worth my time or units. And I was really happy with my choice.

    This...Exactly my story...Again i didnt think of Cap America against Ice Phoenix..That Kinda out of Box thinking was required.....

    @Vinitlalka1988 You know a sure fire way of not coming up with such out of the box ideas? Asking for nerfs and not engaging in a proper discussion about what can and cannot work.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,396 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    HolyDrac wrote: »
    @Hulksmasshh I've given up on even attempting to change GW's mind on anything. Every time I try and answer his questions with logic, he just ignores my comments and responds to people not helping matters. And then it just becomes a massive pissing contest. No point in even trying.

    @ContestOfNoobs I would say we need a post like that every month but don't know what good that would do when people don't understand the basic idea of progression. To give you an idea, when IcePhoenix was around, I couldn't even complete one run through of the UC difficulty. Since that one, I've 100% all UC content. I saw how hard it was going to be and understood that I couldn't get there so I didn't bash my head into a wall till i got through. I just told myself it's not worth my time or units. And I was really happy with my choice.

    glad to see u progreesss!

    when i started i couldnt beat master and thought 100% master monthly was to hard and cost money/units to beat

    i also was told i wasnt good enough for map5 allaince.

    now i have a chance to repeat in masters in season 3!
  • HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106
    HolyDrac wrote: »
    @Hulksmasshh I've given up on even attempting to change GW's mind on anything. Every time I try and answer his questions with logic, he just ignores my comments and responds to people not helping matters. And then it just becomes a massive pissing contest. No point in even trying.

    @ContestOfNoobs I would say we need a post like that every month but don't know what good that would do when people don't understand the basic idea of progression. To give you an idea, when IcePhoenix was around, I couldn't even complete one run through of the UC difficulty. Since that one, I've 100% all UC content. I saw how hard it was going to be and understood that I couldn't get there so I didn't bash my head into a wall till i got through. I just told myself it's not worth my time or units. And I was really happy with my choice.

    glad to see u progreesss!

    when i started i couldnt beat master and thought 100% master monthly was to hard and cost money/units to beat

    i also was told i wasnt good enough for map5 allaince.

    now i have a chance to repeat in masters in season 3!

    @ContestOfNoobs Thanks! I don't have the greatest accounts but I saved a lot of 5* shards for those blade crystals and managed to grab him. Honestly my only saving grace haha!

    I still spend units from time to time, but I'm ok with that. Not spending those units on anything else anyway.

    I'm only in a Gold 1 and 5*5 ally, and to be fair I believe I'm punching above my weight. Something along the lines of 'I've got a good group who carry me :P'
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,799 ★★★★★
    Go as far as you can on master without using items. Start over if your team KOs. Rinse and repeat until you can clear 1-2 levels with 0 item use. If you don't learn from your mistakes take advice other members have said on this thread and go watch YouTube videos to see what you can do better.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 984 ★★★★
    LOL someone who is not uncollected, hasn't made it through 2 chapters of act 5, probably doesn't run AQ map 5, has played for a few years and can't understand difficulties change month to month on EQ wants this month changed after one day because he couldn't beat master, EVEN AFTER all these people share helpful tips and champs even as a 3 star who can beat them. Then has the audacity to say he speaks for the player base. My god the hubris is so thick on this entire thread I can't even believe i'm reading it.

    It's like those people you know in real life who are so stubborn and self absorbed, they never understand or care about a subject until it happens to them personally - then it's "I speak for others" and asking Kabam to change content to suit individual people's progression in the game. This is a dude who spends the majority of his time, YEARS now, sitting on this forum and posting every single day, more than any other player or moderator - who has argued over and over and over that Kabam always knows what they are doing, everything is designed for a reason, progression is closely monitored and controlled for a reason, and most of the time holds the line that kabam cannot do wrong. But lately we now have two posts/threads where it's apparent that this player hasn't actually played the game the way it's intended nor understands how it works. A player who should be spending his time grinding and learning the game and trying to improve, and watch tutorials and guides and studying how to improve his skills and roster, but NOW wants content changed because he thinks its too hard after one try (and blew a bunch of items on it like a rookie would as well).

    Not all content even in the master level is going to be a cake walk. Some of it requires practice. Did you ask for Thanos to be nerfed a few months ago? I died so many times even on master and had to study and learn before I did it successfully. And this is NOWHERE NEAR as hard as that, all it took was a few tries and some research on here and reddit to see which champs work best and learn the move sets and timing. That's IT. But no, that's too hard - he would rather come on here like always and double down and cry about needing slightly challenging content changed so he can get the rewards he believes he is owed. Such a double standard, such obliviousness and such irony I have not seen from any other player on this forum. Put the forum tab away man, go to you tube or reddit, actually learn how to play the game you claim you've played for years, and you'll be fine like all of the rest of us. And i'm gonna actually speak for the majority of the player base now because they will actually do what i just said, while I GUARANTEE you will continue to sit on this forum day in and day out and post instead of actually playing the game you claim you love so much.


    I’m almost tempted to make a few more forum accounts to press the “Awesome” button more than once.

    To the member in question nothing is a problem until it’s a problem to him and then it needs to be changed.
    This was one of the best posts I've seen on the forum lately. I'm also inclined to do likewise, just to hit the Awesome button a few more times lol.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,396 ★★★★
    LOL someone who is not uncollected, hasn't made it through 2 chapters of act 5, probably doesn't run AQ map 5, has played for a few years and can't understand difficulties change month to month on EQ wants this month changed after one day because he couldn't beat master, EVEN AFTER all these people share helpful tips and champs even as a 3 star who can beat them. Then has the audacity to say he speaks for the player base. My god the hubris is so thick on this entire thread I can't even believe i'm reading it.

    It's like those people you know in real life who are so stubborn and self absorbed, they never understand or care about a subject until it happens to them personally - then it's "I speak for others" and asking Kabam to change content to suit individual people's progression in the game. This is a dude who spends the majority of his time, YEARS now, sitting on this forum and posting every single day, more than any other player or moderator - who has argued over and over and over that Kabam always knows what they are doing, everything is designed for a reason, progression is closely monitored and controlled for a reason, and most of the time holds the line that kabam cannot do wrong. But lately we now have two posts/threads where it's apparent that this player hasn't actually played the game the way it's intended nor understands how it works. A player who should be spending his time grinding and learning the game and trying to improve, and watch tutorials and guides and studying how to improve his skills and roster, but NOW wants content changed because he thinks its too hard after one try (and blew a bunch of items on it like a rookie would as well).

    Not all content even in the master level is going to be a cake walk. Some of it requires practice. Did you ask for Thanos to be nerfed a few months ago? I died so many times even on master and had to study and learn before I did it successfully. And this is NOWHERE NEAR as hard as that, all it took was a few tries and some research on here and reddit to see which champs work best and learn the move sets and timing. That's IT. But no, that's too hard - he would rather come on here like always and double down and cry about needing slightly challenging content changed so he can get the rewards he believes he is owed. Such a double standard, such obliviousness and such irony I have not seen from any other player on this forum. Put the forum tab away man, go to you tube or reddit, actually learn how to play the game you claim you've played for years, and you'll be fine like all of the rest of us. And i'm gonna actually speak for the majority of the player base now because they will actually do what i just said, while I GUARANTEE you will continue to sit on this forum day in and day out and post instead of actually playing the game you claim you love so much.


    Jeezus u just blasted this man to oblivion
    @HolyDrac

    yes i was in your shoes before so yes i do know where a person struggles but if u keep on grinding, and work torwards progression like taking on map6..then u will go places. i thought map 6 would be hard and challenging so when i thought it was time...to move into a plat allaince that also does map 6. i took on the challenge. this was in season 1.

    i was told..
    i was unskilled in aw
    i wouldnt make it to platinum allaince
    i would get boot for using to many items and constant deaths
    i was told things wasnt gonna happen.
    i wouldnt last in map 6

    this is all coming from someone who also told i was unskilled for a map 5x5 alliance and now i am doing map 6x5.

    @GroundedWisdom
    man dude u DONT speak for anyone but urself. you arent even uncollected.

    Seatin got uncollected through his 100% free to play account that is much younger than your account. so any money u spent and ALSO not uncollected shows how much u havent progress

    I see people EVERYDAY being uncollected and pushing through act v.

    and you cant even 100% hard and master mode?

    let alone I CANNOT wait to see if u even get uncollected, and come HERE crying how hard it is. because Seatin "free" to play account is going through uncolected

    while u sit here and complain.

    and seeing u CRY about ur 5* not being duped. looks like U got a taste of what RNG feels like.

    i know how it feel like to be at the bottom of pole. But all you lierally do is sit here and cry on the forums.

    nothing will be fed to u.
    its like a baby who clearly doesnt want to grow up.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,396 ★★★★
    dang,,, my comment is waiting to be approved lol
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,003 ★★★★★
    dang,,, my comment is waiting to be approved lol

    It was originally here...then it disappeared.
  • HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106
    @ContestOfNoobs Lol what did you say? PM me haha
This discussion has been closed.