**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Remember Not all Content is made to be finish

ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Some people dont want to accept challenges, Some people just arent there yet, not everyone is ment to complete all the chalenges at whatever current state of the game you are in.

Look at it as, keep playing,keep grinding,keep growing
We get it, you want the reward, u want more champs, u want the best of the best chaarcters/rewards for your roster.
at the end of the day, if you cant complete it, you prob dont deserve it.

Your not really missing out on alot of rewards

Coming from someone who first 4*...was when i had to 100% act 3 to get my first 4*
There was no masteries, no aw, no aq, no sig abilities, no aw, no weekly sa, no such thing as a 5*, they only had 24 characters.

nowadays u see lv 20's with 5*'s

Most people just want to reap easy rewards, if its to hard or to challenging for them they will bash it. garantee u 99% of people who are nowhere near endgame.

if content is to easy people will think its just steam roll,nothing challenging, say they want something harder
if content is to hard they will scream,complain and call it a money grab

brian grant beat it with all 3*, and dude spends 0 money in the game.
So stop calling it a cash grab.

imagine if they make truly made a challenge like LoL boss rush, most people cant even do LoL, let alone do a path.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mocMYwmRoI

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    You don’t even need 4* as proven by contestchampion
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    surprise to see this post buried, with alot of nonsense posted in these forums
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    and you can't take best of the best players as an example and say "if they do then you can do"

thats because they can, can u? did u compare how much time they put into the game vs yourself?
    then what have "you" done or "accomplished"?

Are you boasting about your own skill, or trying to be helpful? The argument is coming off as patronizing. Some people are having a hard time with it. That's fine. They don't need to be belittled for it.

Theres plenty of guides out there and resources to how to beat the challenge.
    did u not see the video?
    u should also watch this video aswel by dues.

Jade Jolie getting death threats becayse of challenge was to hard for them?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMA6Hk02gvU
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I'm not condoning anything like that. I'm talking about the condescending tone of the Post. You're assuming people want something for nothing and saying they don't deserve the Rewards. That has a tone. Someone can watch videos until the cows come home, but until they get it, they're going to struggle. They still have the right to say they feel it's too hard. I have no time for extreme behavior like threats or anything like that. I agree on that one. Still, there is a point to their views and it's valid for where they are at. Not the people who don't have a problem with it.
    im sure u seen these, rather than asking for help, they immediately post saying its to hard

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/58049/that-iceman/p1

"How do you feel about the Iceman and specifically a community member making such a champ that doesn't reward skill gameplay."

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/58318/is-the-boss-rush-iceman-too-tough#latest

"You know 90% of players dont have a ghost rider? So why [removed by Moderator] are you making such a horrible fight? I cant even pin this one on kabam. Why cant you just be creative like brian or yeet?"

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/58078/my-personal-opinion-on-the-community-boss-rush/p1

"Overall this Boss Rush wasn't very fun for me, rewards are meh, and tough for middle players. I hope kabam will make an event for us lower and middle players, ones we can actually complete."
    Absolutely. They can voice their feedback. They find it too hard. We're here to discuss the game with each other. We're also here to give feedback. They find it too hard. You don't. Both sides have a right to say that without someone telling them not to.
    edited March 2018
    Absolutely. They can voice their feedback. They find it too hard. We're here to discuss the game with each other. We're also here to give feedback. They find it too hard. You don't. Both sides have a right to say that without someone telling them not to.

again like i said, if its to hard for you we are here to help you as a comunity and there is plenty of youtube guides out there, AND if you cant beat it, then obviously you are not ready to complete the challenge, people cannot accept that, we can give u all the information but you dont deserve it if you cant beat it.

people are already forgetting rouge,rouge ,rouge rouge ,rouge is one of the best iceman counters in the game, seriosuly if u cant beat it with her, then thats sayings something.

dont have rogue? bring in a tech champion or bring in your champion with highest health and survive the intial coldsnap, thats what i did, and i dodge every single specials attack, and intercepted,baited heavies, and not get a get hit,

having trouble? pop a health boost and even a health+atk boost for double boost.
    You can't speak for someone else's experience. If someone asks for help, that's great. If they don't want it, and they want to say they think it's an unfair challenge, they have every right to that opinion. You can't speak for what people do and do not deserve. If you want to get technical, they don't "deserve" the Rewards because they haven't finished the Quest, yes. Obviously. You can't speak to where other people are at. Only yourself.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Did you finish the quest GW?
    For some reason you're taking it personal because they have an issue with the Quest. It's not about you. It's about them.

Let me put it another way, since I can see you want to help at the core of it. Think of a time when you were absolutely frustrated with something. You're fed up because you keep hitting roadblocks, and there's always something new that you just can't seem to do. You feel left out, and you want to voice that. You're tired of things that are aimed for what is beyond your reach, and you don't feel like people like you are being heard. Then you try to tell someone how you feel, and someone else comes along and tells you that you're the problem, you're just not good enough, and lots of other people are good enough, and here's how they do it. Do you think you're going to hear that? No. You didn't ask for help. You feel slighted and you just want to be heard. Frankly, all it does is make you more angry. Worse, it makes you feel like your problems don't matter.

People don't need to be told they're just not skilled enough for something when they're already at their limit with it.
    edited March 2018
    no because you said, i cant speak from other experiecne, and i know what people go through, and i told u some things from my experience and past playthrough's

collector=cash grab,to hard
    magneto boss rush=cash grab,to hard
    iceman=cash grab,to hard
    people here just love coming here and voicing the content is way to hard , rather than ask for help

at the end of the day,it all ends up saying, keep grinding, get good, and it will get better,

its post also like these that make me sad, does he want help on how to get an awakening gem? or simply just begging to be given one?

when clearly someone has done 0 research to help himself.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/350259#Comment_350259

anyways at the end of the day im not the one with
    Negative Points -969
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    To be totally fair, it's a bit more back-handed than encouraging. People have the right to voice their concerns without being slammed for it. Telling them to keep growing and to keep Grinding is helpful. Telling them they want Rewards for nothing and they don't deserve it, not so much. Just because some have no problem with it doesn't mean other peoples' concerns aren't valid. They're speaking for themselves. That also doesn't mean they want something for nothing. That's an unfair assumption. This community has a habit of swallowing up the voices of others.

Lol that's funny. You are right, people have the right to voice concerns about the game without being berated here. The OP is attempting to address the concerns of people who claim the 6* community challenge was too hard and provide feedback to Kabam to continue making content at this difficulty level and probably even higher. And I 100% agree with him. This challenge is not meant for everyone, but it is definitely beatable. Evidenced by Brian Grant beating the challenge with 3-stars and minimal item use. If someone is not able to beat this challenge yet, whether it be their skill-level or roster, then that should be viewed as intended and a goal for them to work for come next challenge.

This discussion comes up every single time a new challenge comes out, that the challenge was too difficult. Even Kabam stated themselves it is meant to be difficult. Telling people who are struggling with this challenge to continue grinding/practicing is a perfectly acceptable response. Those who are struggling, there is many content available to them to continue natural progression. Content such as Act 4, Act 5, Heroic/Master/Uncollected Event Quest, Labyrinth of Legends, Arena, etc. Those can all be stepping stones for progressing players to earn higher rewards/catalysts to grow a stronger roster and improve their fighting skills along the way. No one is getting slammed, no one is shutting down concerns. OP is just sharing his experience with progression and challenges.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    OP hasn’t said how much he spends on the game though...
  • Robby199696Robby199696 Posts: 85
    This was probably one of the easier boss rushes to date. If you can’t complete it then don’t complain that it’s too hard. Work to get better for future events. The more you play is the more skilled you will get and as your roster gets better you can beat more difficult content
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Regarding all the negativity in general, it's been bad since 12.0, and for obvious reasons.

The bad stuff that's being said (threats ,etc..) can never be justified, but the community in general is becoming really salty and it's obvious why. This game seems to have an almost yearly roster reset date, where something comes in and diminishes the value of everyone's rosters (12.0, CR, 6*s), so the pressure to build a good roster to use in the meantime is REAL.

The game is a hamster wheel, and it seems like every 6 months it spins faster and faster. People get fed up and tired.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    you're right, but i'll complain anyway so..

let the people complain, if you did it what's your problem
  • RGNG1968RGNG1968 Posts: 8
    I want to say, that in a way, both your (GroundedWisdom and ContestOfNoobs) arguments are a bit too extreme.

To GroundedWisdom: CoN does have a point. People dismiss the game by saying "Oh, it's a cash grab!" but come to think of it, the content creators HAVE spent an insane amount of time on the game; they play the game as a means of living, hence they have "mastered" the game.

To ContestOfNoobs: Chill out, dude. No need to be so blunt. I agree with what you have said, but not ALL the players think about the game that way. Your point is valid as can be, but your argument behind it is insultful, patronizing and weak. (Sorry for being so blunt! ;))
    edited March 2018
    @RGNG1968

We can only help so much and give them info.

im all down with helping people if they do need help, but alot of people who are complaining it being to hard are the ones who need to work on there roster/skills/grind

other than just sayings its hard, there things around the game u can work on

again people forget about champs that work well for iceman.

WE just had Av ARENA! super low cutoffs! he can shrug it off!

Rogue,Jane foster,xbones or heavy regen champs dr voodo,wolverine,x23, sup iron man + advantage with iron man, ultron,and pop some 1 or 2 health boost,they even just released bishop who is also an iceman counter, and now we have someone immune to iceman and that champion is sabretooth