**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My take on and view on the overheating issue and what I believe to be fair compensation

So the way I look at it I don’t want anything that I wouldn’t of got , so rdt awakening gems would be nice but I wouldn’t have got them so I don’t believe we should , but I’m an a grinder and for about a month I missed out on this as my phone would over heat and I listen to Apple not to damage my phone so I couldn’t grind - what I missed out on, this is per week 2000k 5 star shards 200 6 star shards
So that would be 8000k 5 star shards 800 6 star shards, I’m honest I don’t grind massive as my roster isn’t massive but I feel I’ve missed out because of Kabam issues . Plus alliance health pots and revives used because of crashing so I would like to see this, I understand a lot of players grind more and would have missed out on more. I just want Kabam to know what I missed out on

Comments

• Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    if you weren't able to play most of the content and missed on arena units, champs, 100%ing several difficulties of the EQ content, we shouldn't expect anything like 12.0

I guess my phone dropping every few minutes because of the errors, almost getting melted and more lag and errors than a 50 year old windows 3.5 computer doesn't not warrant anything significant.

Like I said before, uncollected EQ 100% rewards is fair compensation, not anything insane, but good enough for everyone.

It might not be insane for you, but for people who were able to complete it 100% it’s just a tonne of free rewards and for new players it is massive. I think the fairest thing is a summoner appreciation month
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I think Kabam did a great job with today's compensation. One thing that should factor in, to an extent, in the 19.0 issues - the delayed war seasons have also delayed war rewards. I understand that we were running regular wars in the meantime, and probably not spending as much as Kabam likes. With that said, some fraction of a war season reward based on our last placement seems like something people would get excited about. Compensation doesn't need to be about massive giveaways, but it needs to do its best to right a wrong and provide an additional bonus to restore goodwill. Two of the things that enfuriated me about the AQ fiasco were 1) ranking down alliances after saying an AQ wouldn't count, and 2) the next round of rewards being delayed during AQ without any additional rewards/compensation (during the delay in the peak milestone rollout)
  • I'm actually pretty excited about the compensation. Miike said, "Compensation isn't about free stuff. It's about rectifying the issues that were caused." So a handful of 4* and 5* shards, and revives/health pots will be likely for the in-game rewards.

What I'm most excited about though is the new phone, or voucher for money off a new phone they're going to give us. You know, to rectify the issues they actually caused.

-Suits
  • saorpssaorps Posts: 81
    It is difficult to estimate a fair compensation because normally the players do not measure how long the game was down or hours impacted due to phone overheat.
    Additionally, people have a life outside MCOC. Therefore, game targets (such as the arena, AQ, and AW) are highly impacted if you cannot play on the planned hours. For example, I play AQ/AW early in the morning before going to work to make the best use of the energy. If I cannot play in those specific 30 minutes, I will not be able to play again till lunch and the damage to AQ/AW are unrecoverable. The same is applicable to Arena grinding, in 30 minutes you can play one round with your 5* early in morning, considering the time to refresh them and play again in the afternoon and later at the end of the day. if you cannot play in the morning, your arena target might be strongly impacted.
    All of the above is just to show how players can be differently impacted by the different issues in the game.
    Kabam should be able to measure the hours and estimate the impact on the players and based on the average damage, estimate a fair compensation.
    Stil, any compensation does not fully restore the frustration of not completing a mission or arena target.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Be careful guys, my comment was removed for sharing my opinion on that statement and what I believe it meant for the package itself. Apparently we are not allowed to have said opinions about this decision or what he said in his statement. Interesting how there's been thread after thread the last few weeks about this, but when I post what I think will happen and the reaction the community will have (and is having now), it's removed. Seems yet another blunder on this whole streak of them lately, and I'm still not expecting anything beyond some energy refills and a pittance of shards.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    -delayed war season rewards (3/4 of the ranked rewards for the tier you’re in as it was delayed 3 weeks)
    -most of the arena milestones, maybe some shards as we would’ve missed out on a lot
    -revives/pots etc used
    - maybe a basic version of the 4*s that we’re in arena (personally missed void which i was very disappointed with) this one is pushing it
  • Dropfaith wrote: »
    StL_Suits wrote: »
    I'm actually pretty excited about the compensation. Miike said, "Compensation isn't about free stuff. It's about rectifying the issues that were caused." So a handful of 4* and 5* shards, and revives/health pots will be likely for the in-game rewards.

What I'm most excited about though is the new phone, or voucher for money off a new phone they're going to give us. You know, to rectify the issues they actually caused.

-Suits

You Chose to play during the issue thus damaging your phone... as they say choices have consequences

Ap

I didn't play during that time other than logging in for calendar items. Unfortunately, though, I did experience the overheating issue a couple of times before knowing it was an issue caused by MCOC, which is enough to permanently degrade the performance of your device. Run a diagnostics test on your phone and see for yourself. There's a reason Apple advised people not to use their device.

-Suits
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    StL_Suits wrote: »
    I'm actually pretty excited about the compensation. Miike said, "Compensation isn't about free stuff. It's about rectifying the issues that were caused." So a handful of 4* and 5* shards, and revives/health pots will be likely for the in-game rewards.

-Suits

You Chose to play during the issue thus damaging your phone... as they say choices have consequences

Ap

I'm glad kabam has you in jail