**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

v14.0 Captain Marvel Still Can't Connect SP2 w/ 5-Hit Combo Chain

JestressJestress Posts: 1,501 ★★★★
Just tried this in three fights, and she still can't connect a special 2 with a combo chain.

Thought this was fixed?

Comments

• Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    A couple of people point this out, but, it's risky to use a l2 after a 5 hit combo with any champ, when the AI is on hard.

I know there is an issue in particular with Miss Marvel because I have her at sig 80, but it's ALWAYS better to l2 off lower count combos then higher ones, bugs or no.
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    It happens to be with all the champs! No matter what I do, 5 combo hits + SP2 is always blocked! 4 combo + SP2 is fine. Same as SP1.

I'm using Android (ONEPLUS3)
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    Slux83 wrote: »
    It happens to be with all the champs! No matter what I do, 5 combo hits + SP2 is always blocked! 4 combo + SP2 is fine. Same as SP1.

I'm using Android (ONEPLUS3)

So stick to a 4 hit combo when you plan on using sp2 lol
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    Still not fixed - seeing it in Map 5 and harder Chapter Content

iPad 2017
    Jestress wrote: »
    A couple of people point this out, but, it's risky to use a l2 after a 5 hit combo with any champ, when the AI is on hard.

I know there is an issue in particular with Miss Marvel because I have her at sig 80, but it's ALWAYS better to l2 off lower count combos then higher ones, bugs or no.

I'll have to disagree here. I can connect sp2 with a 5 hit combo on most champs. Some exceptions are magneto, ms/captain marvel, electro

That's fair enough.

I'm not sure where you're at in the game but I will never ever ever attempt a special off 5 hits. 4 hits is usually okay, except with MM.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Jestress wrote: »

I'll have to disagree here. I can connect sp2 with a 5 hit combo on most champs. Some exceptions are magneto, ms/captain marvel, electro

That's fair enough.

I'm not sure where you're at in the game but I will never ever ever attempt a special off 5 hits. 4 hits is usually okay, except with MM.

Is Act 5/RttL chapter 4 hard enough content? Because I can land an sp2 after a 5 hit combo with most champs there (except the ones listed here)
    Really? That surprises me.

I'm definitely not that much of a risktaker.
  • VortenusVortenus Posts: 26
    Where's the risk? Most champs can easily connect special after mlllm.
    There's a natural pause after any 5 hit combo that gives the AI recovery to block.

It's why there aren't 6 hit chains.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    If your Captain Marvel or Ms. Marvel is duped it is kind of nice sometimes to let her power meter run up so you can get the extra damage on her hits. Just an FYI.
    But yes, it's impossible to safely land her s2 off a 5 hit combo.
    I feel like I need to say that she's working much better for me after the update. I'm actually using her specials when I never was before.

Lots of problems with the game still, but this seems fixed to me.
  • Luismarquez131Luismarquez131 Posts: 164
    edited July 2017
    I usually end my combo with a medium hit then spam the sp button, sometimes I'm able to connect.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    just make it unblockable. That'll be better
  • shingbabshingbab Posts: 120
    Just tried vs ROL WS.
    He pretty consistently blocked it so I'd say this claim is legit
    (I've done a run of LoL, regularly chain specials after 5 hits, own a 5* rank 4 Captain Marvel)
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    With all due respect, why does every hero need to connect with a special after using a 5 hit combo?
    I agree ^

Linking specials to 5-hit combos is risky with lots of champs. Probably half the roster. Just try it with lesser combos and it connects now. It's fixed.
    MikeHock wrote: »
    With all due respect, why does every hero need to connect with a special after using a 5 hit combo?

Can't comment on that. I don't mind either way, but I guess it's in response to the 14.0 changelog:

"- Fixed the following character specific animation issues that were causing difficulties chaining from a combo into a special attack.:...
    Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel Special 2"

It's fixed for me. I've been playing all week and have landed every l2.

As I.said upthread I never special off a 5-hit so I've definitely noticed a change
    edited July 2017
    I agree ^

Linking specials to 5-hit combos is risky with lots of champs. Probably half the roster. Just try it with lesser combos and it connects now. It's fixed.

half? nah. A handful tops.
    Traditionally:

- SW sp1
    - Electro sp2
    - Magneto sp2
    - MM/CM sp2
    - Juggs sp1
    - spidey sp1

...can't think of many more.
    With 14.0 you can now 5 hit combo>special most of these. But still not CM/MM. As said - it bothers me not, but perhaps it's supposed to be so now.
  • Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85
    Juggs and SW sp1 are fixed now.