**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is 5 star Venompool a decent first time 5 star crystal drop?

After months of grinding and saving, I finally got my first 5 star champion.... Venompool.
I never used venompool before, is he decent?

Is 5 star Venompool a decent first time 5 star crystal drop? 97 votes

Yes. He is fine
29%
winterthurMr_PlatypusNabiletyThatsausagevg2782SpeedbumpphillgreenMagrailothosDarkrider05NOOOOOOOOPEEEEEDuke_SilverScholiatntslMy_SuperiorKabam PorkchopRicemansbdjdkNamelezGhostboytjiePandoraFlame 29 votes
Meh. Atleast it is not Spider Gwen or Iron Fist
50%
Whododo872LeNoirFaineantBitterSteelTimone147AxeCopFireMrLalowFeeney234RikuremaNojokejaymJonibärchenNemesis666SceptilemaniacSpiderCoolsFR33_HUG5Hammerbro_64Thecrusher_9756SgtSlaughter78JyotishkaScottydoosmashBahamut 49 votes
****. Why is this even an option in the 5 Star Crystals?
19%
DL864920Markzackb213FuBorfBlaZeNPrimetime_769B_Dizzle_01KngSpcSolotrixRandimDude01RysethegrimmlingLightingrod7Disgruntled_User_123X_Factor_AgentThiartcKsksksks23MclovencamoooooArbiter2426 19 votes

Comments

• thegrimmlingthegrimmling Posts: 167
    Evidently, cr*p is a banned word. I feel a bit disappointed at my first 5 star hero.
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    He was my first or second 5* and he's still sitting at R1.

I was so mad that I got him, I debated about making a support ticket to return him and get my crystal back.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Look he’s not as good as champs like Medusa or hyperion but he’s a solid champ.

He’s reasonably tanky, has good bleeds on specials, has a decent regen on special 1(provided the enemy has a buff to steal) and his l2 heal blocks.

That’s a decent kit.

If he’s your first 5* I’d rank him to R-1-2- maybe 3. It’ll be good for a back up questing champ at the very least, but also good for war diversity and arena points.

Though if you are short on mats maybe wait till the end of this gwenpool event and see if you get another 5* to use.
    Cuteshelf wrote: »

He’s reasonably tanky, has good bleeds on specials, has a decent regen on special 1(provided the enemy has a buff to steal) and his l2 heal blocks.

That’s a decent kit.

If he’s your first 5* I’d rank him to R-1-2- maybe 3. It’ll be good for a back up questing champ at the very least, but also good for war diversity and arena points.

Though if you are short on mats maybe wait till the end of this gwenpool event and see if you get another 5* to use.

I got him rank 2 right now. I don't earn much tier 4 class catalyst to go higher.

From what I read, he uses masteries that I don't have. I played for a long time to save up to unlock some of the more vital masteries and I got him.

I am also hitting that spot of low earnings of any tier 4 catalysts is grinding me to a halt in growth. I am mostly ranking up 4 star heroes to rank 3 and moving on.
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Use him until someone better comes along.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I find him fun to use. No one would mistake him for a god tier champ but he's not terrible. Better than Groot lol
  • PandoraFlamePandoraFlame Posts: 110
    Yes. He is fine
    He isn't the worst, I mean I've got a 5* Iron Fist (which is not that bad imo).
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    He’s alright. Spam L1 and he gets 10% regen if Om Nom works and the bleed is good. Plus he’s XL so he might help if we have size based nodes (like in Wsp celeb challenge). Def not someone to be hyped about but he has his uses
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★

That’s a decent kit.

I got him rank 2 right now. I don't earn much tier 4 class catalyst to go higher.

From what I read, he uses masteries that I don't have. I played for a long time to save up to unlock some of the more vital masteries and I got him.

I am also hitting that spot of low earnings of any tier 4 catalysts is grinding me to a halt in growth. I am mostly ranking up 4 star heroes to rank 3 and moving on.

Not sure what masteries are required for him.

Deep wounds could help but not really necessary.

The one that increases regen (salve or something, can’t remember what it’s called at this time) could be good if you are using him for his regens.

Other than that, I don’t think he’s really a champ you can take advantage of masteries for.

The one that increases regen (salve or something, can’t remember what it’s called at this time) could be good if you are using him for his regens.

I was saving credits to buy canisters anyways for the greater regen anyways.
  • ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    Yes. He is fine
    VP isn't too shabby. His sp's give good bleed and his sp1 can grant good regen when used on an opponent with a active buff.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Yes. He is fine
    He was my first too, not awful, not great
  • jaylerdjaylerd Posts: 113
    Take him no higher than R3 but he's fun! There are worse, there are better. If I duped mine, I'd be ok with it.
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    Yes. He is fine
    He's has good sustainability and decent attack power. Also what's the problem with Iron Fist
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Yes. He is fine
    Solid R2 champ and definitely not bad for a first pull.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Yes. He is fine
    He's got some utility and sustainability, high health, and reasonable damage overall if the opponent bleeds. Stuff to consider -

Reliable bleed on all specials

Reliable heal block on SP2, plus decent Precision boost if you let him dance afterwards.

Buff removal is a very unusual ability for Cosmic champion. It's mostly only mystics that do this. It feels very good to SP1 an opponent; make them bleed, strip off an Armour or Regeneration buff, and gain one of your own all in one move.

His abilities make him pretty effective against nodes like Rage and Explosive Personality for for this reason; and opponents with Healing abilities, which you can often remove with SP1 or block with SP2.
  • JyotishkaJyotishka Posts: 122
    My first was also him he is still r1
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Yes. He is fine
    Any 5* is likely decent for your first 1, he’s got ok utility, strong bleed and honestly not bad overall
  • Avetrex2Avetrex2 Posts: 59
    Yes. He is fine
    I voted this only because any new champ is good for the arena points.
  • St333lllSt333lll Posts: 278
    Yes. He is fine
    Spider Gwen isn't actually that bad. Just wanted to point that out. Her evade is great. In trap mode she can shrug off an attack when she's charging a heavy, and Iron Fist has a great Armor Break.