**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Compensation.. not another RDT thread!

Instead of rank down tickets.. how about rank up tickets. 5* r3 to r4 and 5* r4 to r5. This would be a grand gesture by Kabam for the horrendous gameplay the last 5 to 6 weeks. Rank up tickets!!!

Comments

• PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Rank up ticket is a freebie vs rank down ticket is a trade-off. If they refuse to give RDT it is really just wishful thinking that they will give us a better deal like the rank up ticket....
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Brother can dream can’t he?? Plus I never thought an app would give me 3rd degree burns on phone.. but it did!!

I'm sure that a rank down/up ticket would fix that for you
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    Brother can dream can’t he?? Plus I never thought an app would give me 3rd degree burns on phone.. but it did!!

@GatorSlam_MrvKn didn't knew rank up/down tickets would help in solving the burns in your phone, I'd have asked Kabam for a new phone if my burned instead of tickets
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    AdiMukh555 wrote: »

@GatorSlam_MrvKn didn't knew rank up/down tickets would help in solving the burns in your phone, I'd have asked Kabam for a new phone if my burned instead of tickets

“We are sorry for your inconvenience. The REAL problem is with your device manufacturers, so go get Apple to replace your should-be cutting edge iPhone ten. It’s their fault not ours. Have a nice day. “
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    5dtsmoxx4qfh.jpeg

Enough said 😂
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    Namelez wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Why would he ask them? They didnt make him play. Do you get a free meal at the restaurant when they say its a hot plate don't touch it and then you do exactly that and burn your fingers?

If they get ur order wrong and u ask for what u orginally wanted the restuant gives it to u. Kabam messed up that's on them they messed up the community's gameplay so we do deserve something.

They dont always get the meal for free. Also, we will/have gotten something but people claiming Kabam owes them new phones is ridiculous. They made the choice to keep playing to the point it harmed their phone.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★

Why would he ask them? They didnt make him play. Do you get a free meal at the restaurant when they say its a hot plate don't touch it and then you do exactly that and burn your fingers?

If they get ur order wrong and u ask for what u orginally wanted the restuant gives it to u. Kabam messed up that's on them they messed up the community's gameplay so we do deserve something.

They dont always get the meal for free. Also, we will/have gotten something but people claiming Kabam owes them new phones is ridiculous. They made the choice to keep playing to the point it harmed their phone.

But apart from the forum users that knew of the issue and what was happening, kabam DID NOT send an in game mail regarding the issue or what potential damage it could do or what was the extent of the issue. Now there are a lot of forum users yes word of mouth spreads but do you really feel that other players did not even deserve that kabam acknowledges the issue in game?

They did not "force" anyone to play the game but neither did they warn anyone against it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★

But apart from the forum users that knew of the issue and what was happening, kabam DID NOT send an in game mail regarding the issue or what potential damage it could do or what was the extent of the issue. Now there are a lot of forum users yes word of mouth spreads but do you really feel that other players did not even deserve that kabam acknowledges the issue in game?

They did not "force" anyone to play the game but neither did they warn anyone against it.

If my phone got too hot to play, id investigate or stop playing. Not a hard concept really.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Snizzbar wrote: »

Except for that woman that sued Ronnie's because her coffee was hot. XD

She didnt sue because her 'coffee was hot', she sued McDonalds because her spilt coffee gave her 3rd degree burns. And she won.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants
    As horrible as the burn was, she was the one that spilled it. That's the point being made. It was a ridiculous Lawsuit.

Says you. Others with more valid opinions would seem to disagree...

More valid? Everyone's opinion is valid. That's what makes it a discussion.
    Many Lawsuits are awarded that make no sense. Red Bull doesn't give you wings.
    The point I'm making is people are also responsible for their own choices. If you notice the game overheating to the point of discomfort or damage and you continue to play, that's a choice.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Your point was poorly made then. Maybe next time you should use a better analogy.

She didnt sue because her 'coffee was hot', she sued McDonalds because her spilt coffee gave her 3rd degree burns. And she won.
    As horrible as the burn was, she was the one that spilled it. That's the point being made. It was a ridiculous Lawsuit.

You said it was a ridiculous lawsuit - that's what I was referring to. Other people decided it wasn't ridiculous, and those are the opinions that are more valid than yours.
    edited August 2018

You said it was a ridiculous lawsuit - that's what I was referring to. Other people decided it wasn't ridiculous, and those are the opinions that are more valid than yours.

You're asserting that their opinions are more valid because the Lawsuit was awarded, and that really has nothing to do with discussing my view on the Lawsuit. You're fishing here, but there's no bait on the hook.
    In any case, it's not even relevant because the overheating and server issues had nothing to do with Ranking Champs, up OR down. That's the Topic.
    edited August 2018
    Nope, I'm asserting that their opinions were more valid because they were the jury.
    Therefore, THEIR opinions were more valid than YOURS. Or mine, I guess.
    Unless, of course, you were in the jury?
    No, I didn't think so.
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    is this actually the main point of the discussion?
    why does any of that **** matter. how about we agree that kabam owes us and that is literally what theyre on track of doing
    Nope, I'm asserting that their opinions were more valid because they were the jury.
    Therefore, THEIR opinions were more valid than YOURS. Or mine, I guess.
    Unless, of course, you were in the jury?
    No, I didn't think so.

No. You're trying to foster an off-topic argument for no reason, and I'm not biting.
  • Hey Guys,

This thread has derailed a bit. Let's remember to stay on the original topic and contribute constructive posts to the thread.
    Instead of rank down tickets.. how about rank up tickets. 5* r3 to r4 and 5* r4 to r5. This would be a grand gesture by Kabam for the horrendous gameplay the last 5 to 6 weeks. Rank up tickets!!!

Rank up tickets will never happen, as that would mean Kabam would be giving us something (cats) without us having 'earned' it. RDTs, while still being ruled out, are much more likely as they don't increase the total pool of cats in use - they merely allow us to reallocate the ones we have already earned.
    And good job 'not biting' GW. Respect. Lol.
  • SKOutsiderSKOutsider Posts: 117 ★★
    Rank up tickets would be lovely.

Many could argue against it, yet it’s a win/win.

Those in lower tier wars would likely rank up some tough defenders and this would mean more spending to get through from both teams.

Lower tier alliances will also then be able to push on some tougher content and would likely spend more units to try and get better champs.

A similar case happened for me and the 12.0 compensation.

I didn’t have any of the insane champs at the time and to I gained the bonus of the compo and pushed harder to get my roster ranked up.

I spent a ton and it actually helped to keep me interested at the time.

Higher ranked alliances would have an extra champ ranked up which wouldn’t do much but adds to a nice trophy collection and many would see it as something extra.

I can’t for the life of me see how anyone would object to something that could help the game to retain players.
  • Lightingrod7Lightingrod7 Posts: 166 ★★
    Hey Guys,

This thread has derailed a bit. Let's remember to stay on the original topic and contribute constructive posts to the thread.

*Yawn*
  • Ady72Ady72 Posts: 43
    My constructive post would be forget about compensation and just get the game working properly.
  • Lightingrod7Lightingrod7 Posts: 166 ★★
    Ady72 wrote: »
    My constructive post would be forget about compensation and just get the game working properly.

Haha no
  • Capt_MegasauceCapt_Megasauce Posts: 138
    How about go educate yourself on the McDonalds hot coffee incident before you add that as a comparison. The story is way more messed up than what the GP thinks. McDonalds was at fault and it was way more than just “hot coffee”. Google it, or even easier YouTube Adam Ruins Everything and be entertained whilst being educated.

• Instead of rank down tickets.. how about rank up tickets. 5* r3 to r4 and 5* r4 to r5. This would be a grand gesture by Kabam for the horrendous gameplay the last 5 to 6 weeks. Rank up tickets!!!

This is such a joke of an idea
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Hey Guys,

Forum moderators don't get enough credit when they try to save threads like this. Alternative options like watching threads derail without intervening helps no one and often creates more hostility on the forum.