**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Iron Man infinity war plasma bug on immune champs

IMIW sp3- 100% chance to instantly ignite and electrify the target inflicting a plasma passive that deals X damage over 6 seconds.
However using iceman (an incinerate immune champion) the plasma passive is still activated not just shock. If you look at archangels ability to apply a neurotoxin passive on his sp3 by applying a poison and a bleed; the neurotoxin does not apply if a character has immunity to poison/bleed and only applies the poison/bleed that the character is not immune to.

Comments

• Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Developer Note: Since Plasma is a Passive and Special 3 inflicts Plasma without requiring Incinerate or Shock Debuffs, it’s possible to start “juggling” Plasma on a Debuff-immune target by opening with a Special 3. The easier access to Plasma is offset by the much higher damage output of the Shock and Incinerate method. Consider Special 3 a backup strategy if you find it difficult to get Shock or Incinerate to stick.
    ^^From his champion spotlight. Not a bug.
  • Options
    TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    kikobob wrote: »
    IMIW sp3- 100% chance to instantly ignite and electrify the target inflicting a plasma passive that deals X damage over 6 seconds.
    However using iceman (an incinerate immune champion) the plasma passive is still activated not just shock. If you look at archangels ability to apply a neurotoxin passive on his sp3 by applying a poison and a bleed; the neurotoxin does not apply if a character has immunity to poison/bleed and only applies the poison/bleed that the character is not immune to.

Archangel doesn't apply a neurotoxin on sp3 he applies a bleed and a poison which if the opponent is not immune can often lead to a neurotoxin. IMIW his special 3 states it causes a plasma
  • Options
    Samar_1092Samar_1092 Posts: 46
    kabam really went out of their way to find loopholes in their own text to make imiw so damn op
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Not really an OP mechanic though is it...
  • Options
    VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★

Not that one thing but it's everything together. He's so broken.
    Unstunable regular initial attacks, check
    Passive armor ups that activate around Medusa's armor smash, check
    Unblock specials, check
    Power gain, check
    Damage over time debuffs (that are passive so they activate on heros that normally don't allow those debuffs), check

It's some ridiculous nonsense
  • Options
    dparmdparm Posts: 109
    Developer Note: Since Plasma is a Passive and Special 3 inflicts Plasma without requiring Incinerate or Shock Debuffs, it’s possible to start “juggling” Plasma on a Debuff-immune target by opening with a Special 3. The easier access to Plasma is offset by the much higher damage output of the Shock and Incinerate method. Consider Special 3 a backup strategy if you find it difficult to get Shock or Incinerate to stick.

Ugh, so it's another one of these weird contradictory things they had to introduce in order to overcome conflicting abilities like AA reduction on AA reduction-immune champs. This kind of stuff drives me nuts because it is not well explained and not intuitive.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    dparm wrote: »

Ugh, so it's another one of these weird contradictory things they had to introduce in order to overcome conflicting abilities like AA reduction on AA reduction-immune champs. This kind of stuff drives me nuts because it is not well explained and not intuitive.

No ... His sp3 simply puts a plasma passive on the enemy. Just that.
    It doesn't say anything about "apply an incinerate and shock debuffs" . Archangel also does not apply a neurotoxinon his special 3. He applies a bleed and a poison debuff, which in most cases they are combined to create a neurotoxin
  • Options
    kikobobkikobob Posts: 43
    I posted IMIWs sp3 in my post. It says that he instantly ignites and electrifies target. Surely though a character who is incinerate immune cannot be ignited and so the passive should not be placed. AA sp3 inflicts posion and bleed so I dont see why they should be any different.
  • Options
    kikobob wrote: »
    I posted IMIWs sp3 in my post. It says that he instantly ignites and electrifies target. Surely though a character who is incinerate immune cannot be ignited and so the passive should not be placed. AA sp3 inflicts posion and bleed so I dont see why they should be any different.

All it says is that it ignites and electrifies, not applies a shock and incinerate, so even though those are basically the same thing, by saying "ignites and electrifies the target", kabam is trying to say "instantly inflict a plasma", but since the only way to inflict plasma is by combining an incinerate and shock debuff, the "ignites and electrifies the target" is added for clarity only and is extra information.
  • Options

Not that one thing but it's everything together. He's so broken.
    Unstunable regular initial attacks, check
    Passive armor ups that activate around Medusa's armor smash, check
    Unblock specials, check
    Power gain, check
    Damage over time debuffs (that are passive so they activate on heros that normally don't allow those debuffs), check

It's some ridiculous nonsense

1. It's just like fighting a stun immune, plus you can easily intercept his heavy.
    2. As long as you don't armor shatter him, you can use medusa to remove his armor passives using medium attacks
    3. Sp1 not that hard to dodge, plus second 2 hits are blockable and can be dodged
    4. Keep his power bar low when he's near deflector protocol. Then bait.
    5. Don't let him get to sp3, and no plasma.
  • Options
    It's not really the champ as a whole that bugs me. He is a good defender that needs some skill to fight. It is merely the inconsistency between his sp3 and AAs and the fact that he can seemingly incinerate champions that are immune to it. I can understand it for champs that shrug off incinerate charges like red hulk for example but a champ like iceman who is fully immune should not be effected.
  • Options
    Thank you squish for clarifying that it is not a bug. Just saying I disagree with the logic behind it now.
  • Options
    It makes sense though. AA's neurotoxin does way more damage than plasma, so it shouldn't be something that can be inflicted to all champions, unlike IMIW's plasma which deals less damage and lasts a shorter duration
  • Options
    VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    It makes sense though. AA's neurotoxin does way more damage than plasma, so it shouldn't be something that can be inflicted to all champions, unlike IMIW's plasma which deals less damage and lasts a shorter duration

Damage amount shouldn't be a deciding factor. There should be consistency across all champs.
  • Options
    STOPCRYINGSTOPCRYING Posts: 147
    Just get the champ and then i bet you wont complain