**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 5* Crystal Change Clarification

FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
To Kabam staff - I just want to clarify something with you all. This was a quote from the announcement: "From this point forward, when a 3-Star or 4-Star Previously Featured Champion is added to the Premium Hero Crystal we will also be adding the 5-Star version to the 5-Star Hero Crystal."

1) I'm assuming "From this point forward" is referring to May 30th, is that correct?

2) If that IS correct, does that also mean that Dormammu is the first champion this would apply to (on June 6th)?

3) Does that mean that from May 30th through June 5th, Dormammu will be in the "Sub-Featured" pool, and then moved to the "Basic Pool" on June 6th?

4) The Hood is being added to the PHC, 3*, and 4* crystals on May 25th, so he will be the final 5* champion on the "catch-up" roster?

Thank you!

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    No, they said that starting in July they will be moving 6 previously featured 5*s to the standard crystal every month. After all the previously featured have been added then they will begin adding them at the same time that the 4* goes to PHC.
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    No, they said that starting in July they will be moving 6 previously featured 5*s to the standard crystal every month. After all the previously featured have been added then they will begin adding them at the same time that the 4* goes to PHC.

That's actually my point. The language is not precise. Hence why I'm asking someone from Kabam for clarification.
    Would love to get some official clarification on this.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Agreed. I've asked the same question as your #3. The announcement said it started with the featured coming out on June 8th. That's after Dormammu comes out. Will there be a subpool if you use shards on Dormammu, or does the subpool only start with the next champ?
    So frustrating when it's nothing but crickets on Kabam's end....
  • edited May 2017
    Hey Guys,

Sorry, but it was the weekend when this was posted, and Monday was a holiday here, so weren't able to get to your thread.

Now, to answer all of your questions. Starting with the first new featured Hero Crystal in June, you'll have a small chance at any Champion that is not already included in the Basic Hero pool. Starting in July, we'll be adding 6 Champions that are not in the Basic 5-Star Crystal, into the Basic 5-Star Hero Crystal. When they are added, they will be taken out of the sub-featured pool.

So, Dormammu will be available in the Sub-Featured pool until he is added to the Basic 5-Star Hero Crystal. That won't be for quite some time, since he is fairly new. It won't be until we have fully caught up with the previously released Champions that we start to add the newly released champions at the same time they are added to the Premium Hero Crystals.

EDIT: Corrected some information: The Yondu crystal is not the first the feature this, but the first New champion added in June.
    Post edited by Kabam Miike on
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    So the sub-featured champion pool is added with the 5* Yondu crystal?
    Ahhh, ok. Thank you for clearing that up.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    I'm still a little confused. I guess I gotta see it in action.
  • cab55cab55 Posts: 34
    edited May 2017
    Are we having a second chance for Dormammu as a feature 5*?
    Or from this point there will be only one chance to get a champion as a 5* feature?
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 278 ★★★
    Hey Guys,

Sorry, but it was the weekend when this was posted, and Monday was a holiday here, so weren't able to get to your thread.

Now, to answer all of your questions. Starting with the next Featured 5-Star Hero crystal (Yondu), you'll have a small chance at any Champion that is not already included in the Basic Hero pool. Starting in July, we'll be adding 6 Champions that are not in the Basic 5-Star Crystal, into the Basic 5-Star Hero Crystal. When they are added, they will be taken out of the sub-featured pool.

So, Dormammu will be available in the Sub-Featured pool until he is added to the Basic 5-Star Hero Crystal. That won't be for quite some time, since he is fairly new. It won't be until we have fully caught up with the previously released Champions that we start to add the newly released champions at the same time they are added to the Premium Hero Crystals.

Miike, a quick clarification since it was asked in another thread and not answered. Does this mean that Dormammu's FEATURED CRYSTAL 2 week RE-RELEASE (and others after him...Archangel, Iceman, etc.) will not have a chance at the "sub-feature" pool? And only champions released from Yondu forward will?
  • markorsmarkors Posts: 3
    Sorry if this has been clarified elsewhere. Soon there will be 12 new champs added to the basic hero crystal. Will those twelve also be in the featured crystals? I.e. Will yondus crystal have the new champs like ultron and rocket?
  • So first, I need to point out that I made a mistake and corrected it in the last post. Yondu's crystal DOES NOT feature a chance at Champions from the Sub-Featured pool.
  • Miike, a quick clarification since it was asked in another thread and not answered. Does this mean that Dormammu's FEATURED CRYSTAL 2 week RE-RELEASE (and others after him...Archangel, Iceman, etc.) will not have a chance at the "sub-feature" pool? And only champions released from Yondu forward will?

So, again, please see my correction above. Yondu's Crystal does not feature the Sub-Featured pool. But to answer your question, after the release of the First new featured Champion in June, all 5-Star Featured Crystals will have a chance at a Champion not currently in the base pool.
  • Cable wrote: »
    I just re-read the announcement and tbh it isn't really worded very clearly. For instance it appears that the Featured Hero Crystal will only contain champions in the "sub-feature" pool and that weeks feature hero. That being said in the announcement it states "we will be adding a chance to win a previously featured 5-Star champion that is not currently available in the Basic 5-Star Hero crystal".

So does this mean that if we purchase the Feature Hero Crystal going forward we still have a chance to get a champion that is in the basic 5-Star Hero Crystal?

Yes. That has not changed, but now there is also a chance to score a Champion not added to the Basic Crystal yet.
  • markors wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been clarified elsewhere. Soon there will be 12 new champs added to the basic hero crystal. Will those twelve also be in the featured crystals? I.e. Will yondus crystal have the new champs like ultron and rocket?

Yondu's crystal will not, because I was mistaken as to which Champion would be the first. The new Champions adding to the 5-Star Crystal are not until NEXT week.
  • GreenElf21GreenElf21 Posts: 36
    Hi Miike,

I had a question too. When the Champ is added to the regular pool, are they taken out of the sub-featured? As you can tell, my favorite character is Venom. He will be added to the sub-featured in June, and the regular pool in July. Does that mean in July there are greater odds to get him then? Are the sub-featured odds better than the normal odds? Will the sub-featured be in a regular crystal or *only* the featured crystal?
    Miike, a quick clarification since it was asked in another thread and not answered. Does this mean that Dormammu's FEATURED CRYSTAL 2 week RE-RELEASE (and others after him...Archangel, Iceman, etc.) will not have a chance at the "sub-feature" pool? And only champions released from Yondu forward will?

So, again, please see my correction above. Yondu's Crystal does not feature the Sub-Featured pool. But to answer your question, after the release of the First new featured Champion in June, all 5-Star Featured Crystals will have a chance at a Champion not currently in the base pool.

Haha, you're still being confusing by your word choice. Iceman is going to be in a FEATURED 5* crystal that is going to be re-released after June 6. It is a featured crystal, but a re-run of the featured crystal. Does this mean his crystal will have a chance at the "sub-feature" pool or not? Or is it only for NEW featured 5* crystals (and not re-releases)?

Yondu's crystal will not, because I was mistaken as to which Champion would be the first. The new Champions adding to the 5-Star Crystal are not until NEXT week.

Okay Yondu was a bad example. Say the next featured after him. It will have the sub-pool but will it also have the same heroes that are in the basic crystal? Meaning it will have the 24 current basics, plus the 12 new, plus the sub pool and the featured?

And if the new champs are added May 31st there will be a day overlap where the yondu crystal will still be available but it won't have any additional champs other than the 24 that are in there as of right now?
  • GreenElf21 wrote: »
    Hi Miike,

I had a question too. When the Champ is added to the regular pool, are they taken out of the sub-featured? As you can tell, my favorite character is Venom. He will be added to the sub-featured in June, and the regular pool in July. Does that mean in July there are greater odds to get him then? Are the sub-featured odds better than the normal odds? Will the sub-featured be in a regular crystal or *only* the featured crystal?

When a Champion is added to the Regular Pool, they are taken out of the Sub-Featured pool. So Venom will only be in the sub-featured pool for a short time. The Sub-Featured pool is only available in the 5-Star Featured Hero Crystal, not the Basic crystal. From the featured Hero Crystal, you're still most likely to score a Champion from the Basic Pool, then the Featured Hero, and then the Sub-Featured Pool.
  • Miike, a quick clarification since it was asked in another thread and not answered. Does this mean that Dormammu's FEATURED CRYSTAL 2 week RE-RELEASE (and others after him...Archangel, Iceman, etc.) will not have a chance at the "sub-feature" pool? And only champions released from Yondu forward will?

Haha, you're still being confusing by your word choice. Iceman is going to be in a FEATURED 5* crystal that is going to be re-released after June 6. It is a featured crystal, but a re-run of the featured crystal. Does this mean his crystal will have a chance at the "sub-feature" pool or not? Or is it only for NEW featured 5* crystals (and not re-releases)?

Any Featured 5-Star Hero crystal you get after the 8th of June. This includes new ones, and re-runs.
  • markors wrote: »

Okay Yondu was a bad example. Say the next featured after him. It will have the sub-pool but will it also have the same heroes that are in the basic crystal? Meaning it will have the 24 current basics, plus the 12 new, plus the sub pool and the featured?

And if the new champs are added May 31st there will be a day overlap where the yondu crystal will still be available but it won't have any additional champs other than the 24 that are in there as of right now?

Yep! So the Crystal releasing on June 8th will have all of the Basic Pool, as well as the Sub Featured, and the Featured Champion.

As for the other question... I'm not quite sure how that will work. You might be able to get some of the new Champions being added if you open after the new ones are added, but I can't guarantee it. I will try and find out!

Yep! So the Crystal releasing on June 8th will have all of the Basic Pool, as well as the Sub Featured, and the Featured Champion.

As for the other question... I'm not quite sure how that will work. You might be able to get some of the new Champions being added if you open after the new ones are added, but I can't guarantee it. I will try and find out!

Thanks Miike. I'll be trying for Yondu but would love to have a shot at ultron or RR at the same time.

• GreenElf21GreenElf21 Posts: 36
    GreenElf21 wrote: »
    Hi Miike,

When a Champion is added to the Regular Pool, they are taken out of the Sub-Featured pool. So Venom will only be in the sub-featured pool for a short time. The Sub-Featured pool is only available in the 5-Star Featured Hero Crystal, not the Basic crystal. From the featured Hero Crystal, you're still most likely to score a Champion from the Basic Pool, then the Featured Hero, and then the Sub-Featured Pool.

OK, so If I'm reading this correctly, my best chances to get Venom are in the basic crystal in July?

• GOT_BOOSTGOT_BOOST Posts: 24

NOTE: Every mention of June 8th pertains to POST server maintenance.

Dormammu will be the 5* Crystal available from June 1st - June 15th (second run of champ).

Will that crystal have the sub Featured pool?
    If so, will it only be available if you buy the crystal on June 8th?
    What if you buy the crystal June 1st, and open it on June 8th?

According to this post: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/57/new-5-star-champion-addition-and-changes-to-5-star-featured-hero-crystals
    .... Dormammu will be in the sub Featured pool.
    SOOOOO... if you buy the crystal on June 8th but missed Dormammu from the Featured pool - there's a slight chance you could still get Dormammu from the sub Featured pool???
    GOT_BOOST wrote: »

NOTE: Every mention of June 8th pertains to POST server maintenance.

Dormammu will be the 5* Crystal available from June 1st - June 15th (second run of champ).

Will that crystal have the sub Featured pool?
    If so, will it only be available if you buy the crystal on June 8th?
    What if you buy the crystal June 1st, and open it on June 8th?

According to this post: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/57/new-5-star-champion-addition-and-changes-to-5-star-featured-hero-crystals
    .... Dormammu will be in the sub Featured pool.
    SOOOOO... if you buy the crystal on June 8th but missed Dormammu from the Featured pool - there's a slight chance you could still get Dormammu from the sub Featured pool???

Looks like Miike added further clarification in the other thread here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/6149/#Comment_6149

In short, the "sub-feature" pool will not apply to the Dormammu re-run because it comes out before June 8th.
  • GOT_BOOSTGOT_BOOST Posts: 24
    Thanks @MagicBenton
  • BrutalDLXBrutalDLX Posts: 21
    Follow-up question... Will the Nisanti Crystal contain the extended basic pool (i.e. Ultron, Gambit, Mordo, etc...) after May 30th?
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    BrutalDLX wrote: »
    Follow-up question... Will the Nisanti Crystal contain the extended basic pool (i.e. Ultron, Gambit, Mordo, etc...) after May 30th?

Miike answered this somewhere else. The crystal changes will occur on June 8, starting with whatever featured crystal launches that day. Any crystals before June 8 (even June 7 at 11:59pm) won't contain the updated champions. I'm not sure what time so I'd probably just hold off until June 9 to be safe.