**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Which supposedly god-tier champ did you end up most disappointed in after getting them?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    JamesM wrote: »
    I had a good buddy who complained for a long time about not having blade and he made plenty of comments about how he needed to be nerfed and how easy he made war. He eventually got blade and thought that he would be able to bulldoze everything with him, even though I explained to him that he has limits. Long story short he got him and then reality set in when he kept dying in war because he was using him on the wrong node or a bad matchup. He pm'd later and apologized for some of the comments that he made.He honestly believed you didn't need skill to play him. That is an example of how hyped Blade is or at least was. No one can live up to that kind of hype.

The interesting part, though, is how much he still influences the game! If you suddenly pulled him, or removed some vital aspect from him, how much would war change? Just his existence keeps parts of the game in check, even if his actual usefulness no longer extends to every part of the game.

• Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I had a good buddy who complained for a long time about not having blade and he made plenty of comments about how he needed to be nerfed and how easy he made war. He eventually got blade and thought that he would be able to bulldoze everything with him, even though I explained to him that he has limits. Long story short he got him and then reality set in when he kept dying in war because he was using him on the wrong node or a bad matchup. He pm'd later and apologized for some of the comments that he made.He honestly believed you didn't need skill to play him. That is an example of how hyped Blade is or at least was. No one can live up to that kind of hype.

The interesting part, though, is how much he still influences the game! If you suddenly pulled him, or removed some vital aspect from him, how much would war change? Just his existence keeps parts of the game in check, even if his actual usefulness no longer extends to every part of the game.

• Options
    teucriteucri Posts: 16
    Dr Strange. Got him just before 12.0. This is why I won't spend.
  • Options
    Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130
    teucri wrote: »
    Dr Strange. Got him just before 12.0. This is why I won't spend.

Now that is a real disappointment!
  • Options
    Al_AhadHKGNAl_AhadHKGN Posts: 126
    SL I won't use him most of the time not a r4 worthy, imo
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Lovejoy72 wrote: »

Exactly -- he might not be used as much, and that's fine. The meta can shift, has shifted.

But you speak the truth because of one factor: Blade was the nerf for a broken Mystic Dispersion/Mystic Wars. That's why he is never going to be nerfed or otherwise changed -- as you noted, the second after something like that happened, we'd be seeing the game become unbalanced toward one Mastery/class again.

• Options
    hephaestushephaestus Posts: 145
    ShadyOne wrote: »
    hephaestus wrote: »
    Voodoo - Requires a high level of skill and a lot of attention paid to the wrong side of the screen. I've also found that people's consensus about how to use him (spam SP1) is not at all how I like to use him. I prefer to power lock with SP2 before I start spamming SP1's. It took me a long time of frustration to realize that about him. I have MD5 and am pretty good with him now and still hate using him.

Ghost Rider - You have to do so much to get him to regen and when he does the AI turtles up in the corner and doesn't give you an opportunity to hit hem to regen. Yes, there's been a few times he's worked out for me, but not as many as otherwise. His attack is weak, his bleed is weak, his power control is weak, so unless you can time his regen perfectly he's near-worthless. And he should be immune to poison and incinerate but he's not. I still sometimes almost take him into poison or incinerate fights and have to stop to do a double take. A guy who is a living ball of flame can be burnt - imagine that!

SS - Fly around the screen like a blind bat without attacking for the first 3/4 of the fight. If you're an evade god you'll build enough attack bonus to end the fight quickly thereafter. Most likely you'll just die trying to survive the first 3/4 of the fight though. :)

Voodoo- Theres no “right” way to use him. It totally depends on who you are fighting. Got someone who buffs a lot? Use L1. Got someone who’s poison immune, use L2. Need power control, use L2

Rider- do you seriously have him? Or pay attention to how to use him? If not, you pretty much tailor how to stack the judgements on who you are fighting. For most fights, I use fury first, bleed second, which increases the bleed damage if you land it while fury is active. Then mix and match the rest. If you are telling me you can’t get enough hits landed to get you to 100% after you have stacked 3, 4, 5 judgements, which each increase the 6.75 second lifesteal by 5 seconds, I don’t know what to tell you. Just have to think for a second how you want to play. There isn’t one way, it all depends which ability you need more of

SS- he’s among the easiest to evade manually with, then add the occasional auto evade on attacks, and the frequent auto evade on specials, so I wouldnt say you need to be “an evade god”. Then the power drain if you need it, and attacks that hit crazy hard, crit often, and an L2 that destroys everything. Then the taunt, which is great, considering this game is pretty much all about baiting specials. Also add in he doesn’t depend on buffs or debuffs, pretty much making him useful for all content, save bleed/poison (although you can sometimes end fights fast enough). All it takes is practice with him. Also until you use him at 5* r4/r5, you wont see how great he is..

Agree about Voodoo, didn't mean to imply that every enemy should be L2 and then L1.

Yes, I have GR duped at 5/50. Regardless of how many judgments and in which order I use them, once regen is active the AI turtles up and just blocks until it's gone. I've had him at 5/50 for over a year now and have only successfully regenned to any useful point about 3 times that I can remember. Most fights aren't long enough to get more than 2 or 3 judgments before the fight ends and his base attack is weak. I also find it annoying that you don't get the health steal from your last hit.

I admit that I am still practicing with SS. But I also stand by my statement that you have to be an evade-God to use him effectively. There's only about a millisecond difference between dashing back too early and parrying where dexterity works. I can't seem to find that sweet spot reliably. And I find it extremely annoying that you essentially can't start fighting for a long time if you're using him effectively. Once the fight starts you have to evade around like an idiot for 60 seconds before you build up enough poise charges to make his attacks effective.
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    I’m just gonna defend Voodoo with his consistent power burn and poison being a “mixed” utility champ

Not the best at either control or DoT but being at least A+ in both but not quiet S tier and lacking an X-factor to make him an “essential” champ. New Voodoo is a disappointment cause his Duped ability is almost mandatory

Blade I can’t judge, don’t have
    Sparky is good just not my style
    (That janky Evade makes punishes super hard and almost defeats the purpose)
    Iceman is growing on me
    Learning to like Void more and more
    Luke Cage is a beast
    Rulk I still need a dupe but is great
    Hulk is ok for what he is
    Angela is really good
    The marvel twins are old but great
    Drax I don’t have duped
    X23 is solid

But there is ONE champion I have who is a godly tiered champ that I DESPISE with a burning passion
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    GHOST RIDER!

A jack of all trades that requires set up to reuse his utility.

Regen? Solid but it’s triggered with heavy and is a one off and to reset it you need to use Sp3

A pretty good power drain? Sp2 and to reset that’ll be an Sp3

Bleed? It’s small so you basically have to set up and then also be duped for the fury to really make it worth anything

Fury? A damage boost one off that again needs an Sp3 to reset

The Sp3 itself is a glorified fate seal with some direct damage

I’d rather have a one-2 trick pony that have amazing power in their utility than a collection of disappointing abilities that are just kinda stale when mixed together like they are. Shoot Voodoo starts with a really great regen and recovery masteries allow you to cheese Magik to have some regen. Voodoo is leaves above with DoT and Magik has her limbo. Voodoo has a devastating damage and control combo while Magik is the patron saint of power control. Heck Voodoo’s DoT is a side effect of nullification Sp1 which is a complete nullify across all buffs and Magik’s Sp3 is the kill switch for Resistor and Adaptive nodes or enemies with lots of buffs.

What baffles me the most is that a lot of people who praise Ghost Rider prefer him over Voodoo who in all but the rare occurance imperially outclasses GR
  • Options
    hephaestushephaestus Posts: 145
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    GHOST RIDER!

A jack of all trades that requires set up to reuse his utility.

Regen? Solid but it’s triggered with heavy and is a one off and to reset it you need to use Sp3

A pretty good power drain? Sp2 and to reset that’ll be an Sp3

Bleed? It’s small so you basically have to set up and then also be duped for the fury to really make it worth anything

Fury? A damage boost one off that again needs an Sp3 to reset

The Sp3 itself is a glorified fate seal with some direct damage

I’d rather have a one-2 trick pony that have amazing power in their utility than a collection of disappointing abilities that are just kinda stale when mixed together like they are. Shoot Voodoo starts with a really great regen and recovery masteries allow you to cheese Magik to have some regen. Voodoo is leaves above with DoT and Magik has her limbo. Voodoo has a devastating damage and control combo while Magik is the patron saint of power control. Heck Voodoo’s DoT is a side effect of nullification Sp1 which is a complete nullify across all buffs and Magik’s Sp3 is the kill switch for Resistor and Adaptive nodes or enemies with lots of buffs.

What baffles me the most is that a lot of people who praise Ghost Rider prefer him over Voodoo who in all but the rare occurance imperially outclasses GR

preach-meme.jpg