**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should I REALLY go for 4* basic champs?

Hey everyone,
I don't post here often but I had a bit of an epiphany that I wanted to share with you guys/get your opinion on. YouTubers always say you should go for easy 4* basic champs in the arena that you don't have, even if you don't want them, so that if you pull them from a crystal you will get 275 5* shards. I was thinking about this as I was contemplating whether to go for Thor Jane Foster or not. And I realised, why should I grind for her when I can just go for 11-25% bracket?

11-25% would be LESS of a grind, I would get only 75 SHARDS LESS than if I got her and then duped her in the unforeseeable future, plus a complimentary extra 500 4* shards. I fail to see why grinding more to get unwanted champs is better than grinding less for 11-25%.

I hope I made sense. Would love to get some opinions on this.
Cheers peeps!

Comments

• Options
    TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    You get 300 5* shards when you get the basic champ. Also expanding your roster helps grinding out champs in the future

• Options
    SassyMastySassyMasty Posts: 311
    If you don't want to grind for the good ones you can go for the poopy champs like jane foster so that the cutoff is lower and you get more 4* champs to use in future arenas. Otherwise you can try doing the 4* features and try to get those 800 4* shards...
  • Options
    BoCassBoCass Posts: 61
    TwmR wrote: »
    You get 300 5* shards when you get the basic champ. Also expanding your roster helps grinding out champs in the future

My bad. Didn't realise you got those 300 extra shards with the champ. Sorry guys haha. I guess it is worth it to go for her. Thanks bud!
  • Options
    TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    BoCass wrote: »

My bad. Didn't realise you got those 300 extra shards with the champ. Sorry guys haha. I guess it is worth it to go for her. Thanks bud!

No worries, she will be very low too
  • Options
    IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    BoCass wrote: »

Yeah you get the hero + 300 shards.

I always try to get the basic champ once, just to have it in my roster, for collection, and for getting those shards the next time I pull it (if I ever do) from a crystal.
    Besides, champs like Jane Foster will probably go for a very low score. I grind till 1.5 mil anyway for the milestones, so grinding a few extra 500k points is basically a piece of cake (takes me around 25, maybe 30 minutes of total playtime to get 500k points).
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    IcsGrec wrote: »
    I grind till 1.5 mil anyway for the milestones, so grinding a few extra 500k points is basically a piece of cake (takes me around 25, maybe 30 minutes of total playtime to get 500k points).

I am only doing 200+ in close to an hour. :(

• Options
    bluebubble100bluebubble100 Posts: 62
    I literally was grinding in that arena
    went for 1.6 mil hoping to get shards
    turns out I get get her
    god damn it kabam
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    The more 4* champs you have, the higher the chance of duping a 4* when you open a 4* crystal, which means more ISO for leveling up champs.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,055 ★★★★★
    stopped doing arena, too boring. so if you ask me, the answer is no.
    doing first milestones is ok as it takes not that long and gives you easy units
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I literally was grinding in that arena
    went for 1.6 mil hoping to get shards
    turns out I get get her
    god damn it kabam

I did that with Joe Fixit a while back.

That was one of the old issues we had to deal with where the 11-25% would be the basic champ and the featured would be top 10%. Always hard to judge where the cutoff would be if you wanted the basic.
  • Options
    RocapRocap Posts: 222
    No leave them to people that need them.