**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summoner Appreciation Week Discussion

Comments

• Options
    Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    We don't even know how much of what is in each Package yet, and people are reacting.

Why do you consistently ignore the fact that we were unable to play every part of the game, and we have to choose only one area that we wish to be compensated for?

There's also a Universal Package that has something for every area.

And if I thought that would even remotely cover the problems I had due to overheating and downtime then I would not be complaining. However after 3 1/2 years of dealing with kabam I know what they’re like. There is no way a universal package will have anywhere near what losses I had from overheating.

If I’m wrong, you and kabam can both expect a full apology. I’ll even gift you some energy refills, I’m so confident it will not cover the issues we had.

Is there anything they can give at this point that will? Somehow I feel like emotional distress is factoring in.
    Let me rephrase it. What would cover it for you?

Ok, personally I would be alright with (I’m not going to work everything out)
    -3 AQ final rewards and map 5 crystals for 3 series for the time I couldn’t participate in AQ
    -4 tier 2 or 3 War rewards (1/2 victory and 1/2 loss as an average)
    -6 arena rewards (milestones for 1m in 4* basic and 2m in 4* featured and rank rewards for the 25-45% in 4* basic, 11-30% in 4* featured, since that is at the very least what I do every arena)
    -compensation for energy refills I had to use, let’s say 10 (even though it was more)
    -5(ish) revives for war and aq for losses and shut downs I had

And since at the start of the overheating I was in a gold 1 alliance, but I chose to step down part way through after I literally couldn’t play the game, my issues have only just finished so I wasn’t able to join again in time for seasons, so I think some compensation for war seasons (while not absolutely necessary) would be very appreciated. I’d take half rewards, since I wasn’t in those wars.

But again, with war seasons, I understand why I don’t absolutely deserve that as compensation, and I’m not demanding it to be so. It would just be a gesture of goodwill.

This is a really good point (and the same point was made but a couple other people)... People who ask, how much is enough, are missing half the point. It's not just about how much, it's about how.

It feels really rubbish right now because all the "compensation" is geared towards getting players to sink more hours into the game (clearly Kabam is not hitting its player hour KPIs due to the overheating).

What would work better (obviously) is having compensation geared towards making up for uncompleted content. So, for example, when AQ gets interrupted for a long time, we get half hour timers and rewards for the highest AQ map we played in that cycle.

This shouldn't be any different. We should get compensated for the highest arena milestones/rank rewards we hit in the month before the overheating issue, for example. Rewards for the highest event quest difficulty we completed the month before the overheating. And so forth.
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I’m looking forward to some great offers this week, and not much else.
  • Options
    Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    I just hope the mods take some time and read this and reply
  • Options
    JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    edited August 2018
    Anyone else think that this is scam Kabam is trying to use to stop everyone leaving the game, which, btw, would allow the servers to actually work for once
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    -.-
  • Options
    It's brought up so many times now, I would be surprised if it had any effect at all. People aren't happy, Boycott, Reviews, lather, rinse, repeat.
  • Options
    Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra Please address the concerns of this thread today. And before you type up the generic "We understand your concerns but do not plan to change anything" post please think about what exactly that will mean to the MCoC community. This is no longer only about compensation/appreciation, this is about keeping your word.

@Kabam Miike told us that the compensation/appreciation would attempt to make up for what we missed out on during the overheating fiasco and the game outages. Well the community has spoken and the overwhelming majority of us concur on the fact that this compensation does not do what you guys wanted it to do. We all realize and have accepted that Kabam's compensation is not about free stuff but currently it is way too far on the other side of the spectrum and can hardly be considered sufficient compared to the amount of content that was missed out on because of issues outside of our control.

Please do not make the mistake of taking lightly the concerns of your loyal player base. We have stuck with you guys for years through everything good and bad. Now it's Kabam's turn to stick with us. It is extremely important that this compensation is done right, because there just might be consequences if it is done wrong. Please do the right thing here and take our concerns to the team.

I think they meant it's their turn to stick it TO us...
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra Please address the concerns of this thread today. And before you type up the generic "We understand your concerns but do not plan to change anything" post please think about what exactly that will mean to the MCoC community. This is no longer only about compensation/appreciation, this is about keeping your word.

@Kabam Miike told us that the compensation/appreciation would attempt to make up for what we missed out on during the overheating fiasco and the game outages. Well the community has spoken and the overwhelming majority of us concur on the fact that this compensation does not do what you guys wanted it to do. We all realize and have accepted that Kabam's compensation is not about free stuff but currently it is way too far on the other side of the spectrum and can hardly be considered sufficient compared to the amount of content that was missed out on because of issues outside of our control.

Please do not make the mistake of taking lightly the concerns of your loyal player base. We have stuck with you guys for years through everything good and bad. Now it's Kabam's turn to stick with us. It is extremely important that this compensation is done right, because there just might be consequences if it is done wrong. Please do the right thing here and take our concerns to the team.

I think they meant it's their turn to stick it TO us...

I updated it to be more clear.
  • Options
    @GroundedWisdom I don't want to start any arguments here because that would be unproductive, but I want to point out one thing. This compensation packages is probably adequate for some summoners. I know you have said that for yourself it is enough. That's awesome, and I'm glad that you are satisfied, but there are many summoners out there that missed out on so much more than what Kabam is offering as compensation. Mike said that the goal of the compensation was to make up for what people missed out on, so aren't summoners justified in being frustrated when that goal isn't met for them? I realize that we can't expect to be compensated for every little thing we could have done while the game was unplayable, but this appreciation package covers probably less than 10% of what many summoners missed out on. My big issue here isn't that we aren't getting enough "free stuff" because I honestly couldn't care less, its the fact that Kabam set themselves a standard and then promptly failed to meet it.

I'm cool with that. That's reasonable feedback. When people resort to making a target out of me and just venting that the company doesn't care, it's not really helping the cause.
  • Options
    I would appreciate a working game, it has been months of non stop lagging and overheating since way back in 17.0 for me. If the game will continue to not work then yes adequate compensation for the downtime is more than fair and as someone pointed out we are getting less than 10% of what we could of earned. Iv resorted to playing solo as i don't want to let any alliances down as i can not trust the game to run properly so I have missed out on months of rewards from all aspects of the game. Making us choose only 1 "gift" from a handful of underwhelming choices is disgraceful, but all i want is a working game and I will go earn the rewards myself. The state of this game at the moment will make it impossible for me to EARN this "compensation" and seeing as it will be over before the next patch that is also a slap in the face, but please more than anything just fix the damn game please.
This discussion has been closed.