**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rhino no longer unblockable?

CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
edited August 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Cooled on this game but started playing a bit more since Infinity War was released and recently noticed that Rhino almost never triggers unblockable any more - not even against small opponents. Did Kabam nerf Rhino?

Comments

• CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Really? I’m not talking about unstoppable. I’m taking about unblockable. It’s not triggering for me against champs like Jane Foster and Spider-Man. They have no ability accuracy reduction.
  • 313rd313rd Posts: 159
    Slight chance he might be dashing unblockable randomly like he should but the notification isn’t coming up on the screen. He went through my block twice this past AQ as if he charged Unblockable and I couldn’t block or parry him.
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Well, it doesn’t tell us how much of a chance there is to be unblockable. All I know is that it triggers a lot more often when you are fighting against a Rhino than when your fighting with him.
    Rogue42 wrote: »
    Well, it doesn’t tell us how much of a chance there is to be unblockable. All I know is that it triggers a lot more often when you are fighting against a Rhino than when your fighting with him.
    313rd wrote: »
    Slight chance he might be dashing unblockable randomly like he should but the notification isn’t coming up on the screen. He went through my block twice this past AQ as if he charged Unblockable and I couldn’t block or parry him.

Thank you - maybe that's what's going on. All I know is I haven't been able to dash through blocks (against champs like Spider-Gwen) like I used to. Maybe they ramped it up defensively but toned down offensively. You are right that there is no indicator of chance percentage so who knows how it's determined?
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    CammonRo wrote: »
    leVa wrote: »
    damn son
    unblockable have chance to happen so spam back forward noob

What a toxic community. It was a simple question. I don't miss these forums.

First off I'm not a noob. I've played the game for 3 years.

Secondly, I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't work for me. I've done entire quests testing this out where I only played Rhino and dashed forward the whole time. I may have seen "Unblockable" happen twice. It's very rare where it used to be more common. Case in point, a fight against Spider-Gwen where every time I would dash against her block she would block it. And she's a small champ which means Rhino should have an increased chance.

It's not rocket science here. It either happens or it doesn't. And it's not happening for me which is why I asked.

Ignore that guy. He's been calling people noob in a few threads.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    He's god tier that's why
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    Really? I’m not talking about unstoppable. I’m taking about unblockable. It’s not triggering for me against champs like Jane Foster and Spider-Man. They have no ability accuracy reduction.

This unblockable seems to break after each update. Strange that mods are not saying anything this round.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★

That's because of challenge rating. Things like this are more noticeable in a longer fight and a longer fight is against an opponent with a higher challenge rating than you.
  • shawnli87shawnli87 Posts: 99
    AxeCopFire wrote: »

That's because of challenge rating. Things like this are more noticeable in a longer fight and a longer fight is against an opponent with a higher challenge rating than you.

Challenger rating doesn’t affect abilities and RNG. According to Kabam (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/2317/challenger-rating-explained):

Challenge Rating affects the following stats:
    Armor, Armor Penetration, Critical Hit Rating, Critical Damage Rating, Critical Resistance, Block Proficiency, Block Penetration
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    leVa wrote: »
    damn son
    unblockable have chance to happen so spam back forward noob

What a toxic community. It was a simple question. I don't miss these forums.

First off I'm not a noob. I've played the game for 3 years.

Secondly, I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't work for me. I've done entire quests testing this out where I only played Rhino and dashed forward the whole time. I may have seen "Unblockable" happen twice. It's very rare where it used to be more common. Case in point, a fight against Spider-Gwen where every time I would dash against her block she would block it. And she's a small champ which means Rhino should have an increased chance.

It's not rocket science here. It either happens or it doesn't. And it's not happening for me which is why I asked.

No nerf has been discussed... maybe (since you took a break) your memory of how often he went unblockable is skewed...?
    edited August 2018
    Bruce12342 wrote: »
    No nerf has been discussed... maybe (since you took a break) your memory of how often he went unblockable is skewed...?

I suppose that's possible but I don't think so. I remember when Rhino was a really terrible character (worse than Iron Patriot or Kamala or Colossus) but then Kabam buffed him up a bit and he actually became fun to play with his dashing. And you could usually count on breaking the opponent's block at least once per fight.

But now I can't get him to block break and he's not as much fun to play anymore. I do notice that when I fight against him he will break my blocks but when I fight with him it doesn't happen. Coincidence? When he does block break against you, you don't see the "Unblockable" message all the time so I think that is bugged for sure.

Most people probably don't care about Rhino because he's not "god tier" so this probably won't get fixed. There are also a lot more bugs with the game these days I've noticed.