**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Triggering SP1 or SP2?

So I watch these youtube videos of guys with 3* champs fighting 5* bosses and they push the boss to SP3, but they always trigger a SP1 or SP2 instead of the SP3. Whats up with that? I'm over here struggling to NOT push guys to SP3, what am I missing? Is there a mastery or something? Thanks

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Could be Act 4 where L3 isn’t activated.
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    @lestrd do you mean the story quest or the arenas?
    Lemme explain this to you
    Till Act 4 chapter 3, opponents won't execute SP3 no matter how much you try to make them
    Same thing goes for the event quests, SP3 won't happen till Heroic level

Whereas in arenas, act 4 chap 3 onwards and uncollected difficulty of event quest, opponents will go for their SP3 after their bars gets filled up

EDIT Even in arenas Opponents won't go for SP3 unless your streak is more than 6
  • SassyMastySassyMasty Posts: 311
    If you're talking about ROL the ability for an opponent to trigger an sp3 is usually a node
  • lestrdlestrd Posts: 75
    These videos are vs. bosses with a PI of over 50k in some instances. Is the SP3 not active in LoL?
  • lestrdlestrd Posts: 75
    SassyMasty wrote: »
    If you're talking about ROL the ability for an opponent to trigger an sp3 is usually a node

Thats probably what I'm looking at.

Thanks everyone!
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Is it ROL? They will not fire sp3
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    lestrd wrote: »
    These videos are vs. bosses with a PI of over 50k in some instances. Is the SP3 not active in LoL?

That definitely sounds like Realm of Legends. It’s a testing ground of sorts. A lot of YouTubers go there to test abilities/damage. L3 are not activated there.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Yeah, in certain quests (Story quests, EQ's under master difficulty) the defender never uses sp3, even when the bar is filled, so there's no need to bait.