**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Season 5 - Kingpin's Conclave: Discussion Thread

Comments

• Zer0bitsZer0bits Posts: 104
    Any way we can get an increase of inventory storage for catalysts to handle their increased availability. 30 each would be perfect.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    bdawg923 wrote: »
    I see the appeal of running different maps for different groups, but the issue is say for example we run 5x5. Now we find 10 people who want to do map 6. So every day we do 556. That third group of 10 is doing map 6, and we all are rewarded. But what if the other 20 people who aren't running map 6 can't afford to pay for map 6. Do they have to pay for a map they aren't doing, but are getting rewards for? I have no idea how to handle the donations in this case.

That's up to the alliance officers, but your two main choices are apportion donations by battlegroup or identical donations across the board. So if you are running 556, your total costs would be 1.35 million gold, 256,250 BC and 106,250 loyalty (per day). Identical donations across the board for 30 players would then be something along the lines of 225,000 gold, 42709 BC, and 17709 loyalty (of course, you'd round up to a convenient number). Alternatively, if you wanted each battlegroup to pay for their own maps because the people running Map 6 are also your top grinders and can better afford to pay, then the two Map 5 groups would be costing 600k gold, 131,250 BC, and 56250 loyalty per day and their prorated donations would become 150k gold, 32813 BC, and 14,063 loyalty. Slightly higher than your current donations if you were doing 555x5, but you'd be getting more rewards to compensate (from the Map 6 completions). The Map 6 group would be costing 750k gold, 125k BC, and 50k loyalty per day, and their prorated donations would be 375k gold, 62,500 BC, and 25k loyalty (again: you'd round up to a convenient number and to have a buffer). That's much higher than the Map 5 groups would pay, but significantly less than the current donations would be for a 666x3 alliance.

There are other ways of doing this, but at the end of the day, since everyone is getting rewards for every map completion, how you choose to apportion the donations when you run different maps has more to do with what your members can do and what they all decide is fair. I'm sure someone out there will update the donation calculators to account for this.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    Hmmm...so if 2 BGs are doing map 3 and one BG is doing map 5, people who are doing map 3 still have to donate right?

That's up to each Alliance. You're gonna have to determine for yourselves what you want to do!

Well I don't think map 5 BG will let map 3 BGs have map 5 crystal for free haha
  • nst43437nst43437 Posts: 24
    the buff for the randomize champs will the different for different champ, or will be the same for any ramdomize champions?
  • nst43437nst43437 Posts: 24
    @Kabam Miike the buffs for the randomize champions will be different for different champions or will be the same for all randomize champions?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Hmmm...so if 2 BGs are doing map 3 and one BG is doing map 5, people who are doing map 3 still have to donate right?

Yes. You will pay the cost of map 5 at 25%.
    Will the odds change in crystals change for those who like to hoard Map 5 and 6 crystals?

No they won't.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Kabam DK wrote: »

That's up to you and your Alliance!

That's up to each Alliance. You're gonna have to determine for yourselves what you want to do!

Kabam Mike and Kabam DK doubling up on the answers... Guess they wanted us to be doubly sure on this one.
    nst43437 wrote: »
    the buff for the randomize champs will the different for different champ, or will be the same for any ramdomize champions?

Nodes stay the same, champs are random.
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    With the addition of Map choice per Battlegroup, this needed some adjustment! Under our new system, the rate at which Prestige increases for Map 5 and 6 will remain the same as it currently is, but Map 4 and below will see progressively less aggressive rates of change, with Map 1 Prestige being a little over half as aggressive as Map 5 and 6. This flatter slope of Prestige increase over 5 days would also typically result in less points overall, however…

Could you show a graph of this, possibly before and after scaling?

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Kabam DK wrote: »

That's up to you and your Alliance!

Kabam Mike and Kabam DK doubling up on the answers... Guess they wanted us to be doubly sure on this one.

It’s better than if they had given different answers :D
  • NiftycraNiftycra Posts: 39
    Great changes! I’m excited for season 5! I am very impressed that you have incorporated a lot of suggestions from previous discussions. Please continue this type of collaboration with the player base. While I would have loved to see a decreased energy timer (even going to a 45 min timer), I am overall happy with what looks to be a huge step in the right direction. Kudos Kabam!
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 456 ★★★
    Yeah I'm liking this idea means we get to run map 3 and no donations while the rest of the team do map 5 and they need to pay for their bg donations and we get the rewards for zero cost. Knocked it out the park kabam 👍
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    bdawg923 wrote: »
    I see the appeal of running different maps for different groups, but the issue is say for example we run 5x5. Now we find 10 people who want to do map 6. So every day we do 556. That third group of 10 is doing map 6, and we all are rewarded. But what if the other 20 people who aren't running map 6 can't afford to pay for map 6. Do they have to pay for a map they aren't doing, but are getting rewards for? I have no idea how to handle the donations in this case.

That's up to the alliance officers, but your two main choices are apportion donations by battlegroup or identical donations across the board. So if you are running 556, your total costs would be 1.35 million gold, 256,250 BC and 106,250 loyalty (per day). Identical donations across the board for 30 players would then be something along the lines of 225,000 gold, 42709 BC, and 17709 loyalty (of course, you'd round up to a convenient number). Alternatively, if you wanted each battlegroup to pay for their own maps because the people running Map 6 are also your top grinders and can better afford to pay, then the two Map 5 groups would be costing 600k gold, 131,250 BC, and 56250 loyalty per day and their prorated donations would become 150k gold, 32813 BC, and 14,063 loyalty. Slightly higher than your current donations if you were doing 555x5, but you'd be getting more rewards to compensate (from the Map 6 completions). The Map 6 group would be costing 750k gold, 125k BC, and 50k loyalty per day, and their prorated donations would be 375k gold, 62,500 BC, and 25k loyalty (again: you'd round up to a convenient number and to have a buffer). That's much higher than the Map 5 groups would pay, but significantly less than the current donations would be for a 666x3 alliance.

There are other ways of doing this, but at the end of the day, since everyone is getting rewards for every map completion, how you choose to apportion the donations when you run different maps has more to do with what your members can do and what they all decide is fair. I'm sure someone out there will update the donation calculators to account for this.

I appreciate it, this was helpful.
  • ILovePoniesILovePonies Posts: 158
    I really like the new idea of BGs being able to do various maps.. very clever idea

But in terms of donations..
    would it be possible to get a breakdown for this in terms of some variations of maps being run..

I have seen AQ cost calculator and it basically splits the donations between 30

If BG1
    BG2
    BG3

BG1 donations would be?
    BG2 donations would be?
    BG3 donations would be?..

Or.. Would all 30 players get the exact same map clear rewards as eachother or just get the rewards their BG has cleared?

Also is each BG prestige going to be split between that BG..

Random example..
    Like if the AQ prestige is 8000 as an average between 30.. but BG1 is 4000 between the 10.. would they start their AQ Day 1 with BG1 prestige or whole prestige of the alliance still?

Anyone got any other questions add them here and let’s get some answers 👍🏽
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Wouldn’t it just be easier to keep it all in the AQ thread?
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    Kabam doesn't math well.. thankfully @mutamatt has you covered. Check out his post on this here: https://theclassadvantage.com/2018/08/23/breaking-down-season-5-aq-cost/
  • she3_rawyshe3_rawy Posts: 80
    TIMERS... PLEASE WE'RE DYING FOR REDUCED TIMERS
    I really like the new idea of BGs being able to do various maps.. very clever idea

But in terms of donations..
    would it be possible to get a breakdown for this in terms of some variations of maps being run..

I have seen AQ cost calculator and it basically splits the donations between 30

If BG1
    BG2
    BG3

BG1 donations would be?
    BG2 donations would be?
    BG3 donations would be?..

Or.. Would all 30 players get the exact same map clear rewards as eachother or just get the rewards their BG has cleared?

Also is each BG prestige going to be split between that BG..

Random example..
    Like if the AQ prestige is 8000 as an average between 30.. but BG1 is 4000 between the 10.. would they start their AQ Day 1 with BG1 prestige or whole prestige of the alliance still?

Anyone got any other questions add them here and let’s get some answers 👍🏽

Its going to be up to the alliance to do that. Kabam won't determine your donations just what the maps cost.
    she3_rawy wrote: »
    TIMERS... PLEASE WE'RE DYING FOR REDUCED TIMERS

No we aren't.
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    Lmao on the part of AW being the go 2 for T5B frags. Why in the world you think a broken mechanic with nothing but money grab labeled on it is considered the go 2 place for T5B.

Not to mention the constant cheating that continues

Well I don't think map 5 BG will let map 3 BGs have map 5 crystal for free haha

There are lots of internal reasons why an alliance might run a different map that might alter who pays. For example, if the entire alliance decides they want to take a crack at Map 6 but want to try it first with one BG and stack it with their best players, the fair thing might be for everyone to pay, since everyone is benefiting from that map. But conversely, if you have an alliance where one group really wants to step up a map but the others can't specifically because they are lower activity players that can't afford it, the leaders could put it to the advanced BG that if they can afford to pay for it, they can run it. In that case, all parties involved might decide that it is perfectly reasonable for one BG to pay for Map 6 while the rest pay for Map 5.

Another possibility: you could have an alliance that is still growing, and they have 24 players. So you run two Map 5s and one map 1. The Map 1 is just so those four extra players can enter AQ and participate, because if they don't they won't get completion rewards each day. But you could decide to make everyone pay the Map 5 donation to get used to it, or you could decide to prorate the 2x5 costs across 24 players, or you could even decide to give the new guys entering the last BG a pass on donations until the BG forms up.

You could also make a "vacation" BG, where players you know will be out of touch or unable to play as much can park. You run something like 552, and the players parked in "2" are running a very easy map and they don't donate until they come back and are able to fully participate.

There's lots of ways officers could choose to use the feature, and depending on what they use it for the way they decide to manage donations could be tailored differently to their specific situation.
  • DareDvlDanDareDvlDan Posts: 84
    hbav64xiu5ax.png

Could you clarify exactly how this will be accomplished?
    Chadhogan wrote: »
    Yeah I'm liking this idea means we get to run map 3 and no donations while the rest of the team do map 5 and they need to pay for their bg donations and we get the rewards for zero cost. Knocked it out the park kabam 👍

The game doesn't charge individual players for the map they run. The game charges the alliance for all the maps they run. What you are required to donate is determined by your officers, not the game. If your officers decide to let you run map 3 for zero donations, that's entirely up to them. But at the moment, you can run map 6 with no donations while getting free rewards, if your alliance officers allow you to do so. That's not changing in season five.
    edited August 2018
    DareDvlDan wrote: »
    hbav64xiu5ax.png

If You have only 5 people enter for BG3 it will give a warning.
    It wont prevent it from happening but it will tell you that you can't finish
    DareDvlDan wrote: »
    hbav64xiu5ax.png

I believe there's supposed to be a video showing how the new map selection screens work coming along shortly. But when you go through the process, when you reach the point where the game shows you what you selected for each battlegroup, it will warn you if the total number of players you have in the alliance is lower than the minimum required to complete all of the maps you selected, given the absolute mininum necessary to complete all the paths. For example, the minimum number of players "necessary" to complete every path on Map 5 is eight players. The minimum on Map 3 is five (if I recall correctly). So if you select one Map 5 and one Map 3, the game will warn you if you have less than thirteen players in your alliance, the minimum necessary to complete both maps.
  • ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    Are there end of season rewards like last time?
    edited August 2018
    ShadeZero wrote: »
    Are there end of season rewards like last time?

Yes, peak milestones still apply and rank rewards.
  • Spud_ManSpud_Man Posts: 6
    edited August 2018
    I did not see a picture of map 6. Nevermind... you haven't finished it yet.