**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Season 5 - Kingpin's Conclave: Discussion Thread

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Spud_Man wrote: »
    I did not see a picture of map 6. Lets see it!
    Becasse it stil the Sam e
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Let’s say BG1 runs map5 and both 2/3 run map3 would all 3 groups get map5 crystal and all groups get map3 crystals? Or is it broken down to each group?
  • Let’s say BG1 runs map5 and both 2/3 run map3 would all 3 groups get map5 crystal and all groups get map3 crystals? Or is it broken down to each group?

Yep! Take a look a this question in our FAQ (second post in this thread)

If my Alliance runs multiple different Maps (ex. 6,5,3), do I get Conqueror/Exploration rewards for all 3?
    Yes! Just as it is right now, as long as you participate in the Alliance Quest, you can get rewards from all 3 of the Battlegroups.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Let’s say BG1 runs map5 and both 2/3 run map3 would all 3 groups get map5 crystal and all groups get map3 crystals? Or is it broken down to each group?

Yep! Take a look a this question in our FAQ (second post in this thread)

If my Alliance runs multiple different Maps (ex. 6,5,3), do I get Conqueror/Exploration rewards for all 3?
    Yes! Just as it is right now, as long as you participate in the Alliance Quest, you can get rewards from all 3 of the Battlegroups.

Sorry! Have been playing go between with my alliance and other leaders. Didn’t even get to see that post. Thanks @Kabam Miike !!!
  • energy timers are apart of the game but should not constrain a bg from being able to finish a map. The timers for map 6 make it hard with so many random schedules.
  • edited August 2018
    prestige will be the same as before (entire alliance), and officers will pay for it from the treasury as before. It is still an alliance of 30. You can decide who pays for what, but keep in mind all awards are available to all members.

The biggest deal here is the option to put some players in to "vacation mode" on map 3, without sacrificing too much in terms of overall points. Also this is REALLY good for alliances wanting to try out map 5 or 6 for the first time. It gives them a cost break for a single BG and gives the top players the chance to step up the difficulty and awards without abandoning their friends.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    new difficulty scaling its going to be like the updated AW map all over again when it launches lol
  • DareDvlDan wrote: »
    hbav64xiu5ax.png

Could you clarify exactly how this will be accomplished?

Hey @DareDvlDan, this is shown in the original post but it's kinda of lost in all the stuff in there (there is a LOT of stuff, so it's understandable).

In Season 5, when selecting a Map for a specific Battlegroup, Leadership will see a "recommended participants" value, which is the MINIMUM number of participants in that Map needed to 100% explore it:

sz6vr3wxiay9.png

Once they hit "START" on the final screen, if the total sum of all these values is added up, and if it's higher than the number of Alliance Members, they'll receive this warning:

v64axv32e298.png

Hope this helps clear things up!

• Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    Imo, if every member of the alliance receive the points, rewards, and crystals from every map played in AQ then the costs should be evenly shared as well.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    new difficulty scaling its going to be like the updated AW map all over again when it launches lol

That seems unlikely. According to the announcement, there's two changes to difficulty scaling coming in AQ Season 5. First, if you are an alliance that is already maxing out difficulty in AQ, they are adding a way to increase difficulty that makes the new top of difficulty about 20% higher (of course, that number will require experience to verify). If you aren't maxing out difficulty now, this won't affect you at all. The second change adjusts the rate that difficulty increases over the week to be lower for maps 4 and lower, and keeps it roughly the same for maps 5 and 6. So this change mostly only reduces the difficulty increases players will experience, not increases it.

Given the announcement, most alliances running map 4 and lower will see net lower difficulty. Alliances running predominantly Map 5 are likely to see no change in difficulty, or maybe slightly higher at the end of the week. Alliances running Map5/6 combinations or all Map 6 and have high prestige are likely to see increases in difficulty across the week (for each AQ week) roughly corresponding to a 20-25% top level increase, but that increase comes with a higher AQ point total and associated higher milestone rewards.

I don't know what the reaction to the Map 6 incarnation of Kingpin is going to be, but I suspect that the vast majority of alliances tackling Map 6 at any regularity have rosters capable of taking him down.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    One thing that I think kind of gets over looked but I feel like needs mentioning. Alliance quests have become quite repetitive recently due to numerous reasons and not only the fact that the fights are the exact same. Changing only the fights will not take all of that repetitiveness out of AQ. I will reserve my judgment for when I actually am able to test the new season, but I think more needs to be done than just change the fights if the goal is to remove the bore that AQ is currently.

I think to fully make AQ fun and interactive again the rewards needs to change or see a bigger update than they have recently. My alliance will still most likely only be running map 3. Which is fine, but it just goes to show that its not about the map, it was never about the map. It always has and always will be about the rewards. AW saw an update that introduced seasons and 6* shards. Those are currently the most sought after resource in the game, so everyone flocks to AW. I wish AQ has some unique rewards that really motivated us to play them.

In the end, I am glad to see an update to AQ, its been a long time coming. I just don't necessarily believe that the repetitiveness will go away by only updating a few fights.
    Werewrym wrote: »
    One thing that I think kind of gets over looked but I feel like needs mentioning. Alliance quests have become quite repetitive recently due to numerous reasons and not only the fact that the fights are the exact same. Changing only the fights will not take all of that repetitiveness out of AQ. I will reserve my judgment for when I actually am able to test the new season, but I think more needs to be done than just change the fights if the goal is to remove the bore that AQ is currently.

I think to fully make AQ fun and interactive again the rewards needs to change or see a bigger update than they have recently. My alliance will still most likely only be running map 3. Which is fine, but it just goes to show that its not about the map, it was never about the map. It always has and always will be about the rewards. AW saw an update that introduced seasons and 6* shards. Those are currently the most sought after resource in the game, so everyone flocks to AW. I wish AQ has some unique rewards that really motivated us to play them.

In the end, I am glad to see an update to AQ, its been a long time coming. I just don't necessarily believe that the repetitiveness will go away by only updating a few fights.

The rewards have been increased in a few ways, but it is a subjective thing as to whether that's good enough to act as encouragement to run AQ. Its a completely separate discussion whether changing the rewards of AQ can possibly address boredom and repetition, particularly as the largest single complaint about AW is that the rewards were boosted to the point that many feel *compelled* to participate, not encouraged to participate, in a game mode they otherwise don't care for. But I think the part of the announcement that is most responsive to the more general question of repetition is the part where they state that the long period of time between the season four update and the season five update is something they specifically want to avoid moving forward, and the intent is not to make large dramatic changes in AQ separated by long periods of monotony, but rather work towards more frequent incremental changes to AQ that try to keep it evolving more frequently.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Ok, let me try this again since my opinion the first time was deleted:

1. Bad decision on keeping the sentinels in the amount you currently have. You had players directly telling you how boring and monotonous they were and hated fighting them, and how defensive and jumpy they are. The adaptoids were fun to fight at least and had different move sets, Sentinels are all the same and not fun. And definitely not "rest" like you claim to want them to be.

2. No reduced map costs? Again, the community has been begging you to reduce these, especially for those of us who run map 5 and 6 all five days. You make it harder to get gold unless you're devoting time to arena, so you leave a very small window for average players who don't run arena to get their gold and other resources back from winning the maps, and haven't TOUCHED how much it costs to rank up 5&6 star champs at all...This was completely ignored from people for a reason and you know it.

3. No changes in timers? How many times this YEAR, even the last 6 MONTHS have you had to reduce the timers due to your end and problems in the game? I don't see this changing any time soon, and the old excuse about it being "a punishment" has been debated to death on here. We had a forum post that went into the 500+ column of comments on players wanting a reduction. There's no reason to force people to spread their gameplay out ALL 24 hours if they play perfectly (or close to 24 hours) and it would free people up to do the other content in the game. This was yet another bad move and not listening to your community.

4. The randomized fights are the same for all the maps? Doesn't that make them not random anymore? Whats the point if you know who it might be and can narrow it down, if it's not changing from a pool for each map? You took an idea and made the lamest version of that possible from what I'm understanding. True randomization would be just that - no way for anyone to play it and figure out who the rotating pool is between each map.

5. You changed the mini bosses out of nowhere and got a lot of flack for it along with the sentinels and barely explained your reasoning for doing so, so why are you keeping them? We're already sick of fighting Nightcrawler, Morningstar etc and have been for months now, and how many cool champs have come out since then you could have done instead?

Those are my initial thoughts from my read on the FAQs but I will say again, I don't like the timing of this announcement and it's not going to distract from everything else wrong with the game right now, including what's happening tomorrow and continued outages and overheating. Some of this is good and things we've been asking for, but why not listen fully to those who have been asking for the changes I listed? Those were some of biggest. You did good with the customizing of the maps, but most of the other stuff to me right now seems surface changes instead of addressing the root problems. A mode where we're locked in 5 days in a row with little turnaround time, with the same mini bosses, same map costs and same Sentinels seems like you're holding back. And just to be clear this all was MY OPINION, not a theory. I guess I need to be clear about that from now on.

1. They aren't hard. Part of our feedback (at least mine) was to lessen the amount or change them out but since they had most of the work done, they won't change at this time.
    2. Why would there be a reduced cost? There isn't a reason to do this right now. They increased the rewards which is what more people want.
    3. Timers are fine.
    4. The sets of random enemies are the same but could be (from what I interpreted) different per map and each day.
    5. They are going to be doing more updates to AQ in shorter periods of time. Mini bosses will change at some point. They haven't been there that long compared to the ones before.
    4. The randomized fights are the same for all the maps? Doesn't that make them not random anymore? Whats the point if you know who it might be and can narrow it down, if it's not changing from a pool for each map? You took an idea and made the lamest version of that possible from what I'm understanding. True randomization would be just that - no way for anyone to play it and figure out who the rotating pool is between each map.

"True randomization" has nothing to do with whether people see the results of that randomization or not. You're talking about blind enemies, not randomized ones.

The goal for the randomization wasn't to surprise players. It was to change the foes they faced, so that in turn players could think about what their paths looked like and choose a team that best dealt with those foes. The idea was to promote more thinking and strategizing, which is something that is impossible to do if you don't know what's going to be there. If the champions are random and you don't know what they are going to be, then in a sense the map is the same every day in terms of the team you bring: because you don't know what the path will look like you have to bring the best team possible that can deal with any possible option on those nodes, and that choice is going to be the same every day, and every week.

But just as some players bring slightly different teams in different weeks because the miniboss is different, the idea here is to expand that so that more players other than the minboss killers are thinking about how the map is different, and thinking more about their rosters and what best to bring to deal with the current composition of their paths.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »

The rewards have been increased in a few ways, but it is a subjective thing as to whether that's good enough to act as encouragement to run AQ. Its a completely separate discussion whether changing the rewards of AQ can possibly address boredom and repetition, particularly as the largest single complaint about AW is that the rewards were boosted to the point that many feel *compelled* to participate, not encouraged to participate, in a game mode they otherwise don't care for. But I think the part of the announcement that is most responsive to the more general question of repetition is the part where they state that the long period of time between the season four update and the season five update is something they specifically want to avoid moving forward, and the intent is not to make large dramatic changes in AQ separated by long periods of monotony, but rather work towards more frequent incremental changes to AQ that try to keep it evolving more frequently.

Yeah I guess it is all subjective as you mentioned. For someone who has plenty of t4cc but no desire to take on the soul crusher that is map 6 the higher maps in AQ really don't offer a good incentive for playing them. To me AQ seems like one of those modes that is great until you move past needing t4cc and before you have the champs to run map 6. I'm sure I could run a few paths in map 6 no problem but I just don't have the desire to spend that much time in the game (although those t2a are very tempting).

I understand that AW seasons is quite a big conflict right now for many summoners, but I am only in Gold 1, so there isn't as much pressure. I enjoy getting 6* shards and t5 basic catalysts at not too much effort as the tier I play in isn't super difficult.

I realize that this is only my opinion, but I know a lot of players that share it. One of the big things this stems from is the gold shortage in the game. If you aren't willing to grind arena for hours each week then you won't want to have to donate, and if you don't donate then you can't afford to run map 5 and 6. Where I am at currently map 5 isn't worth it and map 6 costs far too much gold. So for people on the same page as I, there isn't all that much that would change AQ from the normal bore that it is as we will just be running the same map with different enemies for the same rewards that offer no prospect of advancement for us.
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108
    Well, I like this a lot, great job Kabam seriously. My only concerns is in regards to timers as the rest mentioned. I think that 30min timers with all these changes to prestige and point scaling, plus diverse map and BG setups, just makes sense to have. Why not pilot test it out @Kabam DK ? How about 30min timers in the first iteration, and that way we can see a glance of how it would make the experience enjoyable and rewarding, based on total effort done and not time constraint? I think we will all see a great benefit.
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    edited August 2018
    How will gold/BC from completion rewards be awarded? Currently for map 5 it is 19500 gold for three BGs of exploration. If we run two BGs of map 5, does this mean we'll get 13000 gold(6500 per BG), or will it be similar to the costs in that it'll be 25% + 50% of 19500 = 14625 gold?
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    FactorQ wrote: »
    Are map rewards still the same from day to day? IE exploration rewards, conquerer rewards, completion rewards. Will these also be divided per BG?

I believe the entire alliance will receive the daily rewards from whatever maps they run, and I don't think they're being updated. So if you run 5-5-3, you'd get the rewards for two map 5's and one map 5.

The main updates are coming to the Peak Milestones and changes to the crystals.
  • one of the better updates to main content.

Great job kabam
    How will gold/BC from completion rewards be awarded? Currently for map 5 it is 19500 gold for three BGs of exploration. If we run two BGs of map 5, does this mean we'll get 13000 gold(6500 per BG), or will it be similar to the costs in that it'll be 25% + 50% of 19500 = 14625 gold?

I think take the rewards you get for map 5 and divide by 3. Its a good question. I dont think any of us asked that question. It was more about the crystals lol.

The former.

As this seems to be a point of confusion for many players, it is worth elaborating. AQ battlegroup rewards per day are actually earned per battlegroup. There isn't really a reward for three BGs of exploration per se, it is the reward for one BG of exploration, and if you happen to complete three of those you of course get three of those rewards. Season five will work identically, the only difference being that different battlegroups could be running different maps.

The percentages shown in the announcement only refer to the costs to start the Map. They do not affect any rewards earned. Each member of an alliance that participates in AQ gets all of the rewards earned by every battlegroup that runs a map. This is true today, and will still be true in the same way in season five.
  • InfantryInfantry Posts: 110
    Nice we basically get a boss that's stun immune might as well get rid of parry!
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

I think take the rewards you get for map 5 and divide by 3. Its a good question. I dont think any of us asked that question. It was more about the crystals lol.

I think this is a great one to add to the FAQ, in hindsight, since we did forget to ask it. :)

I think this is a great one to add to the FAQ, in hindsight, since we did forget to ask it. :)

Agreed. I think we might of assumed because we were used to it but overlooked it. Glad it came up.
    Infantry wrote: »

Hes not stun immune. He will consume debuffs but not all. Also he can be very susceptible to AAR. Also his L1 and general animations are easy to evade.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Hes not stun immune. He will consume debuffs but not all. Also he can be very susceptible to AAR. Also his L1 and general animations are easy to evade.

He will have a node that prevents AAR.

I can recommend an excellent video on intercepting by Dorky Diggity Dave that would help address that, if you like!
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

He will have a node that prevents AAR.

Only if you run Map 6! In which case, SL is still 100% viable, and if you've done LOL, you definitely have your intercepting practice in!