**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

The 1% life situation

I play this game a couple of years but i want to share one of my biggest irritations.
A couple of months now, its happening a lot that in a fight, instead of a ko the ennemy still have 1% life.

I am sure that you all have witness the same but why o why did kabamm change this. I did not happen in the past. Do you feel the same?

Comments

• SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
  • Thanks for your thoughts and taking the time to react. After i posted this discussion i started reading older discussions and i read that more people having the same feeling.

Excuse me for my bad englisch because i am not from england but in our country they say, where smoke is, is often a fire. Fact is, many people who are playing for years, have the same feeling and notice a diffrence.

No conspiracy, just a simple fact to read people have the same feeling. I am not sure wat causes this feeling but maybe something has changed in the software? Its not urgent, its something i want to share.

Thank you all.
  • DaddyDDaddyD Posts: 75
    I don’t think it is something that is malicious.

Think about it, what number are you most likely to remember when you deal a “final blow” and they are still standing? Obviously you will remember 1% more than you will 2,3,4... etc

It’s like when you see the time on the clock is 12:34 and 11:11.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    I have noticed this happening in AQ for some time now. Many within my alliance have pointed it out numerous times and I have experienced it myself. Some can call it a conspiracy theory or mumbo-jumbo if they choose but there is something to it. I guess it's one of those things where until it actually happens to you, you won't believe it, and I get that.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    It's never happened to me.
  • tbos42tbos42 Posts: 61
    It is valid... I dropped an l3 on an ultron with 8% health and looked away to find him at 1% and hitting me:) I was using an r5 5* Hyperion. .
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    tbos42 wrote: »
    It is valid... I dropped an l3 on an ultron with 8% health and looked away to find him at 1% and hitting me:) I was using an r5 5* Hyperion. .

Well I guess that confirms it. Pack up everyone, go home. It’s been proven.

Like said before, video evidence is needed to prove it. We need to see the full fight, along with health at the start and then we need damage tallied up. To prove that there is a discrepancy
  • mort_07mort_07 Posts: 475
    tbos42 wrote: »

Well I guess that confirms it. Pack up everyone, go home. It’s been proven.

Like said before, video evidence is needed to prove it. We need to see the full fight, along with health at the start and then we need damage tallied up. To prove that there is a discrepancy

Play Arena and you see it yourself.
    The chance is extremely high.
    The worst is Hulk. you have 100% life and the 3rd power ends at 1%. hulk is on the train and uses the 3rd superpower and you're k.o.
    This is not funny anymore but frustrating.
  • TaimurKhanTaimurKhan Posts: 119
    No one complained about it because it never happened. However, it's been happening a lot. Whether it's a specials or bleed or poison or incinerate damage, too often it stops at 1%. Even when the opponent is very low on health, it stops on 1%.
  • ni007ckni007ck Posts: 12
    I've noticed this issue quite a few times too especially in arena but to be honest even I've scraped through on 1% health a couple of times after being hit. So in order to counter this, every time I launch a SP attack where I'm reasonably but not completely sure that opponent will be KO'd, I assume that there is some health left and either dash for attack or block at times. Works most often than not although I do agree it's a bit frustrating.
  • mort_07mort_07 Posts: 475
    here is the bug.
    hb make 5 hits and KingPin has 1%.

560qhqcr1qk7.png
    ha1nyil7dyih.png
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    mort_07 wrote: »
    here is the bug.
    hb make 5 hits and KingPin has 1%.

560qhqcr1qk7.png
    ha1nyil7dyih.png

That’s really not proof. That is one fight. That’s not even coincidence, it’s happenstance. Show me real proof, where you have at least 50 fights in a row, that’s a good sample and show me that you always end on 1%.

I could find a fight where I end on 3%, and if I screenshotted it and showed it to you, then I would have the same basis for an argument that you have shown me here.

Screenshots don’t help! We need videos with health and total damage.
  • Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
    This is happening and coincidentally it happened to me most recently against a Kingpin in AW. He had 3% health left and I dropped a L3 from my 5* 5/65 Classic Vision. He was on the AON node of path 4. Only dropped him to 1% health and even after that I got one 5 hit combo in that did nothing. It caught me by surprise so much that he sneaked in a combo. Following his combo I was able to drop him.

I sent a ticket to Kabam who seemed interested enough to send emails back and forth asking a bunch of questions but the last email I got stated that they "Could not replicate the issue described"....

For anyone who says this bug is not happening. Just wait. It'll happen to you eventually.
  • Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 616 ★★
    djr17 wrote: »
    There is so much going on with this.

First, this is 'happening more recently' is because showing percentage in the health bar is a relatively new thing for the contest.

Second, as stated before, there is confirmation bias. You don't notice when it hits any other %, just 1.

Third, 1% has the largest range of any single percent, from 1 hp to 1.4999% of total health. All the rest are a range of +/- .5, except 100, which is a range of .5%. Therefore that 1% you are seeing could be 25 hp, or it could be 900, and that last tic of DOT might not do enough to kill them.

Fourth, no matter how much you are sure your s3 will do a specific percentage damage to your opponent, there is only one character in game that will do what you expect everytime, Guilly.

Fifth, I have been in the situation where I though the opponent was ko'd after a sp and looked away and gotten hammered with an s3 plus combo'd after. It was my own fault for looking away, not some sort of bug.

First... errrm nope, when it's happening more "recently" I am personally referring to events much later and several updates since percentage being shown.
    Second.... Point is moot, we notice it when it's 1%... because it's a 1% bug.... pretty much the point being made
    Third.... not talking about "last tic" of DOT - I'm talking about have 3-4 stacks of bleed plus other DOT effects and the champ still being left alive at 1% while DOT should have already killed them
    Fourth ....so you're telling me firing off a SP3 with ANY 4* Champ cant kill a 3* champ with less than 3-4|% life left? really???
    Fifth... I've already covered this, its not through lack of experience i'm literally looking at the screen when it happens, not being lazy looking away making assumptions of the kill etc... I am talking about finishing a SP2/SP3 that should KO the opponent only to have a SP3 reflected at me by someone who should have died...

Jeez - I really cant wait to start recording fights and prove all these people who consider themselves experts entirely wrong.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    What I find amusing is the fact that there's some who believe this simply can't be a thing because you know, there's never bugs in the game.
  • ZainshamsZainshams Posts: 102
    8kc2fkhlr6kw.png
    It's happening more frequently now. Kabam needs to address this
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    i'm not sure , but i think the definition of 1% is changed after last 2(or 3) update
    i think it was 1 to 1.4999
    and not its 1 to 1.999
    that is why we seen this more in game (especially in arena due to more fights and more Equals hp and power)
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    To truly demonstrate there is a bug that leaves enemies at 1% health, you would need to show it happening over a large sample size of your fights. I highly doubt anyone has the time and desire to video record 100s of fights to prove this out.

Sorry, but a few pics of enemies at 1% is not evidence.