**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW Seasons are hurting the game more than anything

13»

Comments

• Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    The best way to break into the top is by:
    1) Having great skill
    2) Saving all of your 5* shards and going for specific OP champs.

You don't need a lot of decent champs you only need a few great champs. However, I do agree it will become harder and harder to get into these alliances as they will have a basic standard of 3+ R5 5*'s etc...

You forgot spend lots of $ and have ridiculous prestige. There are plenty of tier 1 war videos on YouTube that show skill is not the most important attribute in tier 1 AW. Giving up deaths to poorly placed defenders in tier 1 AW (Quake on node 55, Goldpool on node 52, etc.) show the community that many players got to the "top" by spending $. It doesn't take much skill to hang in tier 1 when you boost enough to go into every AW fight with the stats of a miniboss.

I would disagree with that. I didn't spend much to get there. I buy the boost deals, but there is still cheating/piloting happening. Another way to get there that I purposefully didn't mention is cheating, because the purpose of this thread is to remove cheating as a way to get to the top.

Yes, you will see unskilled players who are typically piloted die to stupid stuff. Also, people have bad days.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »

I would disagree with that. I didn't spend much to get there. I buy the boost deals, but there is still cheating/piloting happening. Another way to get there that I purposefully didn't mention is cheating, because the purpose of this thread is to remove cheating as a way to get to the top.

Yes, you will see unskilled players who are typically piloted die to stupid stuff. Also, people have bad days.

Both of our comments make good points. There are skilled players in tier 1 AW. There are also players who have no clue how to place an AW defense and spend 1-3K units on boosts every AW. More tier 1 AW players fall into the second of those categories than the first because like you said piloting has dominated the best AW rewards for years.

To further add to this thread I think AW Seasons drama may start to decrease once players start getting their 5th 5/65 champion. MCOC is still dominated by prestige to the extent that some of the game's most skilled players aren't considered as possible alliance member recruits if they don't meet an alliance's prestige requirements, even if that alliance has existing members who don't meet that prestige requirement.

I would like to see Kabam start permanently banning players who have violated TOS multiple times in AW before that happens. Permanent bans would be the biggest deterrent yet for ending TOS violations in AW and making AW Seasons a fair and honest game mode.