**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

"Dont Sell Champs!"

That does not apply to Falcon...right?

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    LOL.

In my case, or fixit. I may have also sold groot.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Never sell champs, period. Don't need to rank them up, though. I have plenty of 4-star champs that are merely Arena players who will never get ranked or leveled up.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I sell champs too. 1,2, and sometimes 3*s
  • lestrdlestrd Posts: 75
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    Nope to every champ, nothing hurts more than pulling a falcon again and getting nothing for it because you sold him the first time.

you could just sell him again and get that ISO lol
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    lestrd wrote: »
    Nope to every champ, nothing hurts more than pulling a falcon again and getting nothing for it because you sold him the first time.

If you would have just kept him, you would have doubled the iso and shards.

I haven't paid much attention to the difference in the other rewards from a duped champ and selling a champ. You might have a good point there. But sometimes I'm short on ISO and need to get a useful champ ranked up and some sacrifices have to be made lol

I haven't paid much attention to the difference in the other rewards from a duped champ and selling a champ. You might have a good point there. But sometimes I'm short on ISO and need to get a useful champ ranked up and some sacrifices have to be made lol

The payoff really comes when they get max sig, which can be awhile to pay off. I've spent awhile working on that and resisting the urge to sell. But I occasionally sell when im impatient and one sell will get me a new crystal
    I've even considered doing the ole'Thanos snap on my entire roster just to boost my top tier guys haha but quickly came to my senses.

It's definitely worth it to keep them, one of the huge mistakes I made early on with my account is I sold **** champs. Even good ones before I knew that they were good. What happened is my rating was very low and just so many problems. It took me a long while to recover from what I did.
    LOL guys...just popped a 4* crystal and guess who it was? Duped FALCON and the payout is way better than selling. Thats for the awesome advise to NOT sell. I would have been pretty mad if I had sold my 4*
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★

You just have to rank him before selling him. Then you get more than you would've with a dupe.
    I know that the universal advice is to never sell champs, but the math has been done previously, and that's really not true advice. I suggest digging up old threads if you want to educate yourself.
  • DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    Never sell champs, period. Don't need to rank them up, though. I have plenty of 4-star champs that are merely Arena players who will never get ranked or leveled up.

This, but I at least take them to a maxed R1 status. Not sure if that's a complete waste of iso and gold, but I'm not hurting for either of those resources.
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    I know that the universal advice is to never sell champs, but the math has been done previously, and that's really not true advice. I suggest digging up old threads if you want to educate yourself.

The numbers don't lie. ranking them before selling them will net more shards than duping.

There are a few counter arguments to this:

Kabam has previously given out compensation based on summoner rating. I missed out on their top package by 5,000 points. that one hurt.

I may be wrong here, but if I remember correctly, for a 4* to be sold for more shards than you could get from max sig, you have to r3 them. This requires t1a which depending where you are in the game can be a hot commodity.

In addition to the previous point, you need gold for all this. And again, depending where you are at in the game, gold can be a hot commodity.

DrownedGod wrote: »

This, but I at least take them to a maxed R1 status. Not sure if that's a complete waste of iso and gold, but I'm not hurting for either of those resources.

I tend to save for like 10+ unranked champs between 3-5* and wait for a level up to get full rewards from that.

Nice name btw
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    for the average player, not in it for the long haul, sell away. Falcon included.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    never, i like having ton of useless champs, is the collection thing that i like since i start playing this
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★

Hulk knows whats up. We had a pretty lengthy discussion about it over a year ago.
    edited August 2018
    But primmer is exactly right.
    It is only worth selling champs if you are flush on resources to rank to r3 over and over.
    I sell 4*s on my main all the time because I can afford to do it. Like she hulk. I sell that sorry sob every chance I get.
    but I have other **** champs I wouldn't mind selling but they are already sig 99, so it is def not worth it.
    On my second account there is no way I could keep up with the gold, iso or alphas to do it on a regular basis.
    @Stewman I'm getting better at grinding arena where I can rank more, but I prefer ranking my 5* and im still always short on something. Lately I just let the 4* pile up and I have a decent stock on sig 99. But whenever I need a small amount of shards, ill look for the non duped or low dupe ones to sell quick.
    edited August 2018
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    @Stewman I'm getting better at grinding arena where I can rank more, but I prefer ranking my 5* and im still always short on something. Lately I just let the 4* pile up and I have a decent stock on sig 99. But whenever I need a small amount of shards, ill look for the non duped or low dupe ones to sell quick.

yeah exactly.
    I am trying to get all my 5*s to at least rank 2 right now, think I am up to like 58, so ranking 4*s just to sell them has been given a lower priority.
    I am still growing just fine tho. well over 700k now
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    edited August 2018
    Meh i could careles if we can or should or any of this. I got 30 5* at rank 1 but i’m a solo player. Best decision I did for this game.
    edited August 2018

You just have to rank him before selling him. Then you get more than you would've with a dupe.

Let me get this straight, you want me to put iso, gold, and other resources into a champ to sell. Just to get iso? Also you're missing out on the fact that you'll never get a max sig crystal for that champ and that, there is one less champ to use in arenas.
  • Mr_EMr_E Posts: 129
    edited August 2018
    I pulled 4 star hawkeye 4 times and sold him every time. Now I dont sell champs
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    LOL guys...just popped a 4* crystal and guess who it was? Duped FALCON and the payout is way better than selling. Thats for the awesome advise to NOT sell. I would have been pretty mad if I had sold my 4*

Unless he has max sig the payout is actually better if you take him to 3/30 and sell him. I have 335 champs so it's not like I sell them often, but I've never bought into the never sell mantra.
    Primmer79 wrote: »

The numbers don't lie. ranking them before selling them will net more shards than duping.

There are a few counter arguments to this:

Kabam has previously given out compensation based on summoner rating. I missed out on their top package by 5,000 points. that one hurt.

I may be wrong here, but if I remember correctly, for a 4* to be sold for more shards than you could get from max sig, you have to r3 them. This requires t1a which depending where you are in the game can be a hot commodity.

In addition to the previous point, you need gold for all this. And again, depending where you are at in the game, gold can be a hot commodity.

Completely true. I'm just pointing out that as a universal maxim, "never sell champs" doesn't hold up. There are completely appropriate times to sell champs if you're smart about it.