**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Counter to Korg

Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
1. I was testing a few times against Korg and found out that IMIW is best counter for him as his Medium is repulsor hit so it doesn't inflict thorns followed by 4x Light attacks. Spam L1 for 'power control' and he was good to go. Of course, people wont bring him into AW so thats out of the question.

2. With Domino, Korg went down also easily, but not as easy as IMIW. Her AA reduction n Unlucky made things much smoother. Downside is that you need to 'hope' for high crit damage as Korg won't bleed (like Superman)

3. This isn't something that I have tested as I don't have her as 4* but Rogue can steal buffs. She can't steal unstoppable but she can steal unblockable. It wouldn't really be easy to steal unblockable unless you special-intercept while unblockable is active and then play aggressive. Anyone can input on #3?

Comments

• Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    He is not sooo tough like duped domino in defence.! To defeat him one will have to play only light attacks to counter his throne damage
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    @Vivek_786 & @Charnutz try dueling sheto brown

Domino is still easier to fight but Korg's SP1 is completely unblockable if you throw in crowd excitement.
  • Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269
    I soloed 5/65 domino on buffet mini...tier 4 and then next war got rekt by 4 star r5 korg...4 kills...

@Vivek_786 sorry but i will not agree to ur comment
    @Vinitlalka1988 did you read his abilities or what happened? You know you can completely avoid the unblockable if you play by 'his rules'
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Energy Champions are immune to Korges Thorns... AKA Dormammu & Magneto. I'm almost certain we will see an energy champion come up very shortly to counter Korge, like how we just got Heimdall for IMIW. But for now, spam light attacks, or use Dormammu/Magneto. Also, do not hit his block, & only Dex when absolutely necessary... to avoid building up Crowd Excitement.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    Compare Korg and Domino is not a good comparison. Domino is a b*tch on every node while Korg only work on a few node. On basic node just keep close to him and try parry + light attack, you may have to take some necessary damage from intercept but his rock armor goes off quickly. Other node like unblockable special is another story
  • Minkl3Minkl3 Posts: 129
    Korg's sp1 is easily evaded, just gotta get the timing right. It's like how spidey's sp1 used to be at the beginning.
    Minkl3 wrote: »
    Korg's sp1 is easily evaded, just gotta get the timing right. It's like how spidey's sp1 used to be at the beginning.

Well not really easily evadable but definitely evadable. Needs practice, I did it 3-4 times but missed 50 times
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    does anyone know who has a korg I can duel
  • ShaggyMShaggyM Posts: 258 ★★★
    y546l1m8yslp.jpeg
    It looks like you can steal unblockable but it is a pain to do using sheto brown's korg and then I get wrecked by the unstoppable so its kind of a, I would not try this on a regular basis. If anyone knows of a less stacked korg that would be great as I would like to play around with this and see if I could master it as it was awesome to have an unblockable rouge for a few seconds.
  • BurroBurro Posts: 82
    I hear Magneto is very “effective” against Korg.
    It looks like you can steal unblockable but it is a pain to do using sheto brown's korg and then I get wrecked by the unstoppable so its kind of a, I would not try this on a regular basis. If anyone knows of a less stacked korg that would be great as I would like to play around with this and see if I could master it as it was awesome to have an unblockable rouge for a few seconds.

So rogue can really steal unblockable? that is awesome! PRetty sure she can steal Uncollected adaptoid Unblockable too then
  • Dormammu wrecks Korg, finish on a medium for power control, smash sp2. easily done
  • Jac094Jac094 Posts: 198
    I found him pretty easy to fight with Quake, but some nodes with true strike can still be a problem.. what about Black Widow even if there's not the 5* version?
    Mike12867 wrote: »

So rogue can really steal unblockable? that is awesome! PRetty sure she can steal Uncollected adaptoid Unblockable too then

Uncollected Adaptoid is tech so no dice.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Bishop gets double prowess on every parry against korg.... just sayin. And energy resistance and energy damage. Huh.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Burro wrote: »
    I hear Magneto is very “effective” against Korg.

This is interesting, I heard Red Cyclops is also very "effective" in AW. I must be using this term wrong all my life.
  • JC_DudeJC_Dude Posts: 8
    any new champs? cause i cant beat korg in odin's tier 6 gauntlet. even with dormammu
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    JC_Dude said:

any new champs? cause i cant beat korg in odin's tier 6 gauntlet. even with dormammu

It’s best not to revive threads that are years old. You could just make a new one. Gambit, omega red, magnetos, doom are all good korg counters. There are a lot. Who’s in your roster?