**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War seasons causing my retirement

Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
I just announced my retirement from my alliance that I've been in for 3 years. The main reason is war seasons.

We've been in Gold 1 for all 3 seasons. I'm not whining because we couldn't progress or our players were bad or any of that. The fact of the matter is that war seasons is a bad idea. It's too draining now being an officer and leading war. The only people who say that it is a great idea are the top alliances because they can separate themselves more from everyone else. Look at the alleged cheating going to to see that.

Getting frustrated with people who've come to be friends because they make a mistake (or being frustrated with myself when i make one) is not fun. When war was just war before seasons, you could say "Let's get 'em next time!" and be done. It's also not fun kicking someone who's been around for a long time because they can't deal with war, but do well in AQ as we've done.

I've enjoyed AQ most of the time, but the emphasis has been on war more than anything now in a lot of alliances for the t5b fragments, and that's also understandable.

I'm not the only one retiring as another long time officer who's been in the alliance as long as i have is also leaving.

Also, the "appreciation" that's actually their "compensation" is patently ridiculous and insulting. It's proof that Kabam does not give a DAMN about its customers. They've said that compensation is not about free stuff it's about making things right. Well they fell far short. I've heard people saying the Gwenpool event makes up for it. No, just no.

So, enjoy the game, but understand who you're dealing with. I've loved playing the game. That is mainly because of alliance members that have become friends. I will miss them, but it's time to stop being competitive for me.

I understand there will be snarky replies, but that's fine. I don't care. This is just airing my issue with the game.

Comments

• KaspamKaspam Posts: 21
    Sounds like you are making the right decision. Don’t like something... don’t do it. Good
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    We play AW and if we lose we still say "let's get em next time", on or off season. We just couldn't care less about silver 2/silver 3. Heck, we even skip a whole war sometimes if too many players are just not feeling it. We could probably be in gold 3 if we pushed it, but we just like playing together. So maybe a change of pace?

That being said, I totally understand how you feel. It made me go to the old geezer alliance I am in now. All former 5x5 AW tier 3 players. But we retired about half a year before seasons were even a thint. We are now tier 11 and 5x3.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    Just do what you want regardless of what others think or say. Also, there's no real need to post for all the world to see. Especially if you don't want to hear what they have to say. Anyway, best of luck to you!
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    LOL. I still can't stop thinking of the Video Kabam put out before season two about them saying how exciting war will be now and it's the best thing with all their smiles and everything.

yeah but a small % of people bowing out doesn't mean the game content is lame or boring. It also doesn't give any validity to what the OP is saying. just because they "feel" this way doesn't mean other people aren't picking it up more. I like war season's for the most part. and my perspective is pretty lax as it is and I'll be G1. The system isn't perfect by any means, but it's the only content in the game for End Game players that is challenging and unpredictable. for people who thrive on that competition (and for people with money), AWS is the best this game has to offer.

How does a personal opinion in regards to AWS not hold any validity?
    Good for you that you like AWS mostly. You go!

That doesn't mean others dislike AWS. You come across as if everyone that isn't in your mindset about it is just whining about something. That's pretty narrowminded in my opinion. I agree with OP. I have seen resentment grow between people that had played together for a long time simply because the skill in the game was miles apart. And in the long run, it destroyed alliances and friendships. You clearly haven't seen that happen, or you simply don't care.

I agree, for people that thrive on a feeling of superiority (or thick wallets owners), it is good content. They are more than welcome to it. Myself, I'm more into having a relaxing bit of fun with people I like to call friends.
    But don't try to invalidate someone's personal opinion on said content. It's bad form.

that's not at all my intention, and you made the assumption by my tone. All I'm saying is that it's the only content that is fresh on a continuous basis. Nevermind that it's potentially damaging what appeared to be a good friendship between strangers. I mean I like the people I play the game with, and I've played with them for a while. They may know the name's of my kids but I don't consider them friends.

and I was actually commenting on the guy who posted the comment about kabam releasing a marketing video about how much fun war seasons is as if it's a joke in people not having fun in reality. that's the invalid statement i was making reference to.

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Just find an alliance that suits your playstyle. You have to be in an alliance where all 30 members are in the same mindset about the seasons. This is still a game and some people want to be the best while others just want to enjoy playing. You just have to decide what you want and join a group with that same mindset.
  • JustusCastrumJustusCastrum Posts: 149
    I hate AW with a passion (never liked it), but so far I like being in an alliance more. I'm happy this season will soon end and the (peer)pressure will be off for a while.
    Good you made this choice for yourself 👍🏻 I can see myself making this same decision one day.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    I just announced my retirement from my alliance that I've been in for 3 years. The main reason is war seasons.

We've been in Gold 1 for all 3 seasons. I'm not whining because we couldn't progress or our players were bad or any of that. The fact of the matter is that war seasons is a bad idea. It's too draining now being an officer and leading war. The only people who say that it is a great idea are the top alliances because they can separate themselves more from everyone else. Look at the alleged cheating going to to see that.

Getting frustrated with people who've come to be friends because they make a mistake (or being frustrated with myself when i make one) is not fun. When war was just war before seasons, you could say "Let's get 'em next time!" and be done. It's also not fun kicking someone who's been around for a long time because they can't deal with war, but do well in AQ as we've done.

I've enjoyed AQ most of the time, but the emphasis has been on war more than anything now in a lot of alliances for the t5b fragments, and that's also understandable.

I'm not the only one retiring as another long time officer who's been in the alliance as long as i have is also leaving.

Also, the "appreciation" that's actually their "compensation" is patently ridiculous and insulting. It's proof that Kabam does not give a DAMN about its customers. They've said that compensation is not about free stuff it's about making things right. Well they fell far short. I've heard people saying the Gwenpool event makes up for it. No, just no.

So, enjoy the game, but understand who you're dealing with. I've loved playing the game. That is mainly because of alliance members that have become friends. I will miss them, but it's time to stop being competitive for me.

I understand there will be snarky replies, but that's fine. I don't care. This is just airing my issue with the game.

Amen, I'm not retiring but switched from platinum to a very easy gold 2 ally where stupid people don't get mad if they lose a stupid war.
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    Who says bye Felicia anymore?
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    Later bro
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    I think it would be more fun to remove seasons and make some sort of different competition thing, not with alliances, maybe a new type of 1v1 where a player can pick like 5 champs as defenders, as well as some nodes, then you get matched against them, you have thirty minutes and hen it’s whoever completes the other persons team first wins like, a decent amount of shards or units. Balancing would be a problem obviously, but it sounds fun, so long as the nodes aren’t insane