**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Tanking Season has arrived

Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 5,837 ★★★★★
Dear Kabam,

I am part of a tier 2 alliance. We did not tank in the off season and paid a price for it in the opening week of season 3. So, now we will also tank like any other alliance. But this makes a for a very boring off-season. There is no end game at the moment for people who have done Act 5 and 100%-ed LOL. AW fights keeps some of us engaged in this game.

Can you please:

a) Give some incentive to non-tanking (freezing ranking might be a way)
b) get some end game content in the game... something like LOL 2.0 .. Act 6 could be another thing...

Thanks

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Curious, what do you mean by tanking, and why would you do it? I have heard of this in terms of sports where teams want a high draft pick the following year, so they tank in order to be get a high draft pick. But how does that work in AW?
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Can't blame you man. If you don't do it you get wrecked by higher alliances war after war. Apparently it's allowed since kabam hasn't taken any action on it
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Curious, what do you mean by tanking, and why would you do it? I have heard of this in terms of sports where teams want a high draft pick the following year, so they tank in order to be get a high draft pick. But how does that work in AW?

Allliances tank during offseason so during the season they get easier matchups in the beginning and get more points to boost them above everyone else
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

The math has been done for what tier and what you have to do to place in certain places. Its not foolproof, but its accurate. Some alliances will tank to the bottom of a tier or a tier lower, in order to have more wins than losses during a season, or to stay in a certain tier longer, instead of facing tougher alliances.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Tanking is done to drop your war rating from the seasons end by 300-400 points. This allows a normally 2700 war rated alliance that would match up with big rosters and skilled guys to drop almost a full tier and get match ups against guys in mid plat 3 or lower. while the tier drop from 6.2(tier 2) to 5.5(tier3) seems like a lot it is better to win 3 or 5 matches in a row. This gives you a ton of points with the bonus 50K.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    I am more concerned about the lack of actual content for advanced players. Everything is a means to get nowhere. Need to replace that nowhere. Competitive AW provides a distraction from that gaping hole. And that distraction is gone in the off season.

Nailed it
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Unless the actual issue is fixed no amount on new engaging content will stop alliances from tanking in the off season. It gives them an advantage in getting recurring T5B.

The cheesy part is that alliances will blatantly violate TOS during the off season in order to get a quick 300+ rating drop. Doing this they can drop rating without losing any rewards along the way as the alliance can still get a war victory and lose rating.
    bdawg923 wrote: »
    They should freeze war ratings for the off season and then people won't have to tank wars.

This would prevent alliances from moving up to achieve higher multipliers by the time the next season started
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    They should freeze war ratings for the off season and then people won't have to tank wars.

So if you’re on the cusp on a x7 multiplier when off season starts and want to make sure you have it by next season... too bad because everything’s frozen during the off-season?

There has to be another way.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Rektor wrote: »
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Dear Kabam,

I am part of a tier 2 alliance. We did not tank in the off season and paid a price for it in the opening week of season 3. So, now we will also tank like any other alliance. But this makes a for a very boring off-season. There is no end game at the moment for people who have done Act 5 and 100%-ed LOL. AW fights keeps some of us engaged in this game.

Can you please:

a) Give some incentive to non-tanking (freezing ranking might be a way)
    b) get some end game content in the game... something like LOL 2.0 .. Act 6 could be another thing...

Thanks

Freezing rankings will not work because lower alliances won’t be able to work their way up to a higher multiplier during the off-season.

Don’t really think it’s a big deal if you want to forfeit AW winner shards for 2 weeks anyway. There are more important issues that kabam should focus on, like players getting booted from their alliances in the middle of wars and losing season rewards while kabam literally does nothing about it.

Kabam has already given the green light that doing this is risk-free. No one has been punished. Kabam knows what illegal 3rd party apps are installed on your phone but they can’t look at the data to figure out someone outside of the alliance logging into an officer’s account and sabotaging everyone? Y’all better change your passwords.

If people share their details with arena mercs or any Merc in general then that's the price they pay. To stop it then they should remove t5b an other rank up materials an keep them in AQ. Seasons have become a curse.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    What if during seasons only they matched teams with teams in the same bracket so like pal would only face plat. So at the start of a season you would be only matched with teams that finished in the same bracket as you did the past season. They would probably have to increase the number of teams in master bracket to make this even feasible
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    If people share their details with arena mercs or any Merc in general then that's the price they pay. To stop it then they should remove t5b an other rank up materials an keep them in AQ. Seasons have become a curse.

Make an announcement about Act 6. Kabam Miike said Kabam's goal was to release Act 6 in a shorter time frame than we had between Act 4 and Act 5, which was around a year. It's been 9-10 months since Act 5.4 dropped. Also make an announcement about whether the sequel to Labyrinth of Legends is in the works.

AW Seasons rewards are just another means to dominate the prestige race. Soon alliances who've consistently ranked in AW Seasons Master Tier will have their 5th 5/65 champion, prestige will finally start to become stagnant once that happens. Announcing future content that will award rank up resources needed to max out 5* champions might take some of the ruthlessness out of AW Seasons.
    Good, whats wrong with that. If alliances want to move up, do it during the season when everyone is playing for season rewards. Off-season is like pre-season in the NFL. The games don't matter.

What if players want to start a new alliance? Your suggestion caters to a % of MCOC players. My alliance finished platinum 3 last season, half of us chose to leave and start a new alliance because we didn't agree with the direction our current alliance was headed. We're finishing gold 1 this season after starting our alliance at the end of June. If your suggestion was implemented players who want to start over because of disagreements with things like required spending $ and account sharing would be screwed.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Rektor wrote: »

So if you’re on the cusp on a x7 multiplier when off season starts and want to make sure you have it by next season... too bad because everything’s frozen during the off-season?

There has to be another way.

And in case you are wondering that's exactly what op is complaining about. They did exactly that but ended up getting tanking top alliance at the start of the season. So even if you have it by the beginning of next season, you won't be able to keep the multiplier anyways... Once the season start is all about death count, boosting and consecutive wins.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    Good, whats wrong with that. If alliances want to move up, do it during the season when everyone is playing for season rewards. Off-season is like pre-season in the NFL. The games don't matter.

What if players want to start a new alliance? Your suggestion caters to a % of MCOC players. My alliance finished platinum 3 last season, half of us chose to leave and start a new alliance because we didn't agree with the direction our current alliance was headed. We're finishing gold 1 this season after starting our alliance at the end of June. If your suggestion was implemented players who want to start over because of disagreements with things like required spending $ and account sharing would be screwed.

I could say the same about your solution. Big alliances tank wars in the offseason, start off a season at a war rating that doesn't match their skill, and run over smaller alliances. It's unfair to the smaller alliances. You're just thinking of the top % of alliances who want to have easy and unfair matchups to start their seasons because they're too scared to fight higher rated alliances.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Even if you found a way to stop tanking alliances would use shell alliances for the next season...rinse and repeat
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

This would prevent alliances from moving up to achieve higher multipliers by the time the next season started

So what?

• RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★

Yea, except in the NFL the last place team doesn’t start the next season in last place.

Ask an alliance that finishes with a x6.2 in plat1 if being able to get to x7 before next season matters to them once master rewards are collected in a couple days.
    I could say the same about your solution. Big alliances tank wars in the offseason, start off a season at a war rating that doesn't match their skill, and run over smaller alliances. It's unfair to the smaller alliances. You're just thinking of the top % of alliances who want to have easy and unfair matchups to start their seasons because they're too scared to fight higher rated alliances.

I wasn't offering a solution. You can't compare professional sports to MCOC AW Seasons, professional athletes don't have "pilots" or "mercenaries" do their jobs for them. Bench players play the game themselves too.

Your statement assumes a few things. Let me clarify:

- We started a new alliance to enjoy playing MCOC again, not to exploit the AW Seasons format. We did this knowing that our season 3 rewards wouldn't be on par with what we got in seasons 1 and 2. There was no way for us to know AW Season 3 would be delayed when we created our new alliance on June 23rd.

- What's fair or unfair to "smaller" alliances is decided by Kabam. I didn't bring up the possibility of creating new alliances to exploit the AW system. That's a strange accusation considering off-seasons for AW Seasons are 2 weeks long, that's not enough time to boost an alliance war rating for the next season.

- I was thinking of potential situations where freezing war ratings during the off-season would put alliances at a disadvantage. Other players have commented on why this not a good idea. Most master tier alliances avoid difficult AW matchups, even if mostly towards the end of the season. Check Reddit for proof, strange how low to mid platinum alliances consistently get matched with master alliances at the end of an AW Season.

- Our current alliance places alliance events as our top priority. Alliance Quest is routine and Alliance War is for fun with no spending $ required. We've been doing pretty well with the new peak milestone system. I haven't been able to open 5* signature stone crystals for weeks because I don't a 5* skill champion worth using skill stones on.

l619h8o4dbwu.png

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,673 ★★★★★

I wasn't offering a solution. You can't compare professional sports to MCOC AW Seasons, professional athletes don't have "pilots" or "mercenaries" do their jobs for them. Bench players play the game themselves too.

Your statement assumes a few things. Let me clarify:

- We started a new alliance to enjoy playing MCOC again, not to exploit the AW Seasons format. We did this knowing that our season 3 rewards wouldn't be on par with what we got in seasons 1 and 2. There was no way for us to know AW Season 3 would be delayed when we created our new alliance on June 23rd.

- What's fair or unfair to "smaller" alliances is decided by Kabam. I didn't bring up the possibility of creating new alliances to exploit the AW system. That's a strange accusation considering off-seasons for AW Seasons are 2 weeks long, that's not enough time to boost an alliance war rating for the next season.

- I was thinking of potential situations where freezing war ratings during the off-season would put alliances at a disadvantage. Other players have commented on why this not a good idea. Most master tier alliances avoid difficult AW matchups, even if mostly towards the end of the season. Check Reddit for proof, strange how low to mid platinum alliances consistently get matched with master alliances at the end of an AW Season.

- Our current alliance places alliance events as our top priority. Alliance Quest is routine and Alliance War is for fun with no spending $ required. We've been doing pretty well with the new peak milestone system. I haven't been able to open 5* signature stone crystals for weeks because I don't a 5* skill champion worth using skill stones on.

l619h8o4dbwu.png

Your crazy. Both crossbones and Hawkeye are worth sig stones.
    Buttehrs wrote: »

I wish. Crossbones % chance to shrug off debuffs and Hawkeye's % chance to do extra bleed damage on special attacks aren't worth it. I'm saving for Korg or Killmonger.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,673 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs wrote: »

I wish. Crossbones % chance to shrug off debuffs and Hawkeye's % chance to do extra bleed damage on special attacks aren't worth it. I'm saving for Korg or Killmonger.

Consider this theory, what if you never pull those champs?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The fact that people don't care is disturbing. You end up stepping over Allies much weaker and manipulate the system. "We're just having fun!" is a load.
    I've said it before, I'll say it again. Seaprate Ratings from Season and Normal, and there would be much less motivation to have "fun".