**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cap IW R5 DMG

trey92008trey92008 Posts: 101
edited August 2018 in General Discussion

Comments

• JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    @ESF I pulled him, then duped him. I’ve read your post at least 5 times.lol.

Really want to bring him to R4, only thing holding me up is I run lane 1 so power control is most valuable for me.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    JC_ wrote: »
    @ESF I pulled him, then duped him. I’ve read your post at least 5 times.lol.

Really want to bring him to R4, only thing holding me up is I run lane 1 so power control is most valuable for me.

Oh, my gosh! I am so glad someone read all of that! Thanks for saying so -- I never can quite tell if people wade through all of those words!

Hey, I get it -- you gotta do what's best for you and your alliance.

But let me say this: I took mine, unduped, to R4.

Best damn decision I ever made in this game. I don't have a ton of resources to spare, so that was an investment where I tried to project what he might do. And man...let's just say that dude is absolutely scary at R4, even unduped -- you can play him so many different ways. Don't sleep on the bleed on that L1 if you're running Deep Wounds. My goodness
  • buttersbutters Posts: 116
    My CPIW is 5/65 sig 80 and he destroys everything. I can get up to 124k on a crit with 5 kenetic charges. He easily one shots just about anything and can take a bunch of hits and still be fine, and that is not even mentioning his utility with his sig, synergies, or being able to stop unstoppable.
    butters wrote: »
    My CPIW is 5/65 sig 80 and he destroys everything. I can get up to 124k on a crit with 5 kenetic charges. He easily one shots just about anything and can take a bunch of hits and still be fine, and that is not even mentioning his utility with his sig, synergies, or being able to stop unstoppable.

Preach, brother. Preach

I tried to tell 'em

edited August 2018
    Might as well make use of the double post. Forgive all the words, folks!

But for those of you who have Killmonger...y'all already know what I am talking about. But it really has surprised me with how long it's taken for people to embrace how good this character is.

When you get him to those 50 bleeds...wowza. And he is so smooth -- I don't know about everyone else, but I get pretty darn good uptime on True Strike
  • RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188
    I chased him all month in GMFC and the Featured 5* with no luck. I am sitting on a science AG for either him or Void, whoever gets to my party first. My 4* is 4/40 and is a wrecking ball.
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    @ESF For what it’s worth I read all of your analysis posts. Really enjoyed the ones on Cap IW, IMIW, and Red Skull because I have all of those as 5 stars.

Helpful to get another players detailed take on a champ, in all 3 cases you had noticed things they can do that i missed.
    I chased him all month in GMFC and the Featured 5* with no luck. I am sitting on a science AG for either him or Void, whoever gets to my party first. My 4* is 4/40 and is a wrecking ball.

Good luck, man -- I know, I know. I talk about him a lot. But man, it's just crazy. Everybody who has him knows how freaking good he is. But as good as he is as a four-star -- I have him at that, too -- he is just ridiculous as a R4 five-star.

Again, I keep saying it: I can't even imagine running him duped, because of the utility
    JC_ wrote: »
    @ESF For what it’s worth I read all of your analysis posts. Really enjoyed the ones on Cap IW, IMIW, and Red Skull because I have all of those as 5 stars.

Helpful to get another players detailed take on a champ, in all 3 cases you had noticed things they can do that i missed.

Thank you! I have been seriously debating writing long about Killmonger
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    I'd agree with the above, @ESF. He looks great, and since your posts, I've been trying to get him. Working via the featured 5* crystals at the moment - no joy so far. Was really hoping for some RNG luck from the Gwenpool crystals, but no.

Not giving up yet, though. There's a basic arena in a few weeks, I reckon.

Any thoughts on a cut-off?
    I also agree with you @ESF on KM. He is set to become my 2nd R5 champ as soon as I get 38,000 more T4CC shards. He is incredible...and he makes BPCW useable on offense as well.
    I'd agree with the above, @ESF. He looks great, and since your posts, I've been trying to get him. Working via the featured 5* crystals at the moment - no joy so far. Was really hoping for some RNG luck from the Gwenpool crystals, but no.

Not giving up yet, though. There's a basic arena in a few weeks, I reckon.

Any thoughts on a cut-off?

First of all, glad to see you are going to stick with it -- this is a classic case of a character who punches above his weight. A 5/50 Cap IW is gonna provide serious value, so yes, if you are good on the grind, then go for it. It's absolutely worth it.

I hate to do predictions because I never want to lead people astray. But from my understanding -- and again, please try to check online for recent scores -- but I THINK, repeat THINK, 4.7-5 million is a good target for an elite four-star.

But again: PLEASE, PLEASE, don't quote me on that! Right now, for how I see the game, if you can get this guy and rank him up and especially if you can dupe him, even as a four-star, do that. Throw boosts at it -- not units for refreshes, but save and burn a ton of those boost crystals and then rock out for three days.

edited August 2018
    I also agree with you @ESF on KM. He is set to become my 2nd R5 champ as soon as I get 38,000 more T4CC shards. He is incredible...and he makes BPCW useable on offense as well.

Man, it's about time we heard about someone who went all in on this guy -- obviously, no character is perfect. But an R5 Killmonger...LOL. Man, that must be one damn near unkillable son of a gun. Is he duped?
    ESF wrote: »

Man, it's about time we heard about someone who went all in on this guy -- obviously, no character is perfect. But an R5 Killmonger...LOL. Man, that must be one damn near unkillable son of a gun. Is he duped?

He will be before I take him to R5. I have my generic AG from A5 on hold for the right champ and about 40 Sig Stones.

He will be before I take him to R5. I have my generic AG from A5 on hold for the right champ and about 40 Sig Stones.

WOOF. That boy is gonna rack up a monstrous body count for you
    I was thinking of using him on attack with that True Strike ability...
    I was thinking of using him on attack with that True Strike ability...

Man, he is sooooo good. I'm gonna carve out some time this weekend to break it down and write long -- I have the four-star awakened, the five-star unduped. I need to do a few tests and refresh my memory on a couple of details, but yeah.

Yeah. Gonna go out on a limb and say that yep, you can certainly use that character on attack. LOL

Almost a year ago, during a particularly bad run of 5* pulls (from an AW defender perspective) , I made the decision to R4 my BP/CW (duped x2). He served me well for a while. Now he will be usable as an offensive champ as well. Should be fun to quest with my duped Sabretooth. B)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    try to check online for recent scores -- but I THINK, repeat THINK, 4.7-5 million is a good target for an elite four-star.

But again: PLEASE, PLEASE, don't quote me on that! Right now, for how I see the game, if you can get this guy and rank him up and especially if you can dupe him, even as a four-star, do that. Throw boosts at it -- not units for refreshes, but save and burn a ton of those boost crystals and then rock out for three days.

If I really want the basic 4* I shoot for 5 million to be safe, but I doubt CapIW will go that high. For reference, the last champ to get anywhere near 5 million was Blade back in May who went for 5.3 and 5.0 million. You have to go all the way back to Sparky in January to get above 5 million and he only broke 5 million in round one (~6 million) and only scored 4.7 in round two. Before that was Iceman in October of 2017, and Archangel in September 2017.

My guess is the closest recent analog to CapIW is Kilmonger, who recently went for about 3.6 million. But everyone should remember that not only are cutoff projections just estimates, but if everyone shoots for the cutoff the cutoff will necessarily be higher. And even if you could see into the future and know what the cutoff was going to be, you'd still have to be slightly above it to get the champ. There's what the cutoff ends up being, and there's what a safe target is. Generally speaking, I consider the safe target to be about 500k-1000k above the average consensus estimate.
    Almost a year ago, during a particularly bad run of 5* pulls (from an AW defender perspective) , I made the decision to R4 my BP/CW (duped x2). He served me well for a while. Now he will be usable as an offensive champ as well. Should be fun to quest with my duped Sabretooth. B)

Once, I took a 3/30 BPCW with the Killmonger synergy against ROL WS, fpr testing. Wrote down a lot of notes. I wondered how that would go if the BPCW was duped...mine wasn't. Hmmm

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I know we all have our preferences and we all have lists, but if anybody ever reads my posts and takes them seriously, and asked me, here are my current Top 10 characters in MCoC:

1. Iceman: The utility is just ridiculous. I literally save mutant T4CC for the day I pull him as a five-star
    2. Captain America IW: Unduped, this dude is a damage-dealing tank. I can't even imagine what a duped 5-star does
    3. Blade: One-man lane clearance because of his sustainability, even if you can't bleed them
    4. Hyperion: The perfect offensive weapon, with regeneration capability
    5. Killmonger: This dude is so lethal and durable, I haven't even took him past 1/25 yet. I am not even joking
    6. Iron Man IW: Everybody knows how good he is on defense. But have you ever seriously ran him on offense? YIKES
    7. Doctor Voodoo: Man, Doctor Strange wishes he was this good. Just a terrifying character in the right matchups
    8. Spider-Man SE: Ridiculous offense. Shock/stun/effective against robots, emergency power control. Yowza
    9. Magik: Only five words needed: Just get to the L2
    10. Archangel: If it bleeds and can be poisoned, it dies. Quick, fast and in a hurry

Not on list: Domino (I think this character is broken)
    Honorable Mention: Medusa, Void and Scarlet Witch

Very solid list. I'd switch AA or IMIW for Gwenpool. Outside of AW tier 1-3 offensive effectiveness becomes much less important.
  • BrutalFatalityBrutalFatality Posts: 20
    My 6* is rank 2. No ragrets. He solos everything. Medusa, IWIM, Dorm....no problem! Easy game, easy life.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    try to check online for recent scores -- but I THINK, repeat THINK, 4.7-5 million is a good target for an elite four-star.

If I really want the basic 4* I shoot for 5 million to be safe, but I doubt CapIW will go that high. For reference, the last champ to get anywhere near 5 million was Blade back in May who went for 5.3 and 5.0 million. You have to go all the way back to Sparky in January to get above 5 million and he only broke 5 million in round one (~6 million) and only scored 4.7 in round two. Before that was Iceman in October of 2017, and Archangel in September 2017.

My guess is the closest recent analog to CapIW is Kilmonger, who recently went for about 3.6 million. But everyone should remember that not only are cutoff projections just estimates, but if everyone shoots for the cutoff the cutoff will necessarily be higher. And even if you could see into the future and know what the cutoff was going to be, you'd still have to be slightly above it to get the champ. There's what the cutoff ends up being, and there's what a safe target is. Generally speaking, I consider the safe target to be about 500k-1000k above the average consensus estimate.

Excellent, sound advice -- listen to this man. Don't miss out on the character, as best you can, but he knows his stuff
  • Supremeguy95Supremeguy95 Posts: 447
    Pulled him as a 5* a week ago. Literally one shots just about anything. His animations are phenomenal. The beard is a plus, too.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    I tried telling people that this dude was one of the best characters in this game, period. Wrote a long post about it.

Slowly but surely, people are starting to realize this truth

I have also said that sooner or later, people are also going to realize another truth: Killmonger is one of the top five characters in this game

Yep especially when u team up Killmonger with BP CW, the problem is the sheepeople, are stuck on youtubers's God tier list and instead of taking it as advice they hold it as the standard, When Corvus came out , I got the 4* , but no one would listen to me on how good he was , until recent YouTube videoes lol
    I know we all have our preferences and we all have lists, but if anybody ever reads my posts and takes them seriously, and asked me, here are my current Top 10 characters in MCoC:

1. Iceman: The utility is just ridiculous. I literally save mutant T4CC for the day I pull him as a five-star
    2. Captain America IW: Unduped, this dude is a damage-dealing tank. I can't even imagine what a duped 5-star does
    3. Blade: One-man lane clearance because of his sustainability, even if you can't bleed them
    4. Hyperion: The perfect offensive weapon, with regeneration capability
    5. Killmonger: This dude is so lethal and durable, I haven't even took him past 1/25 yet. I am not even joking
    6. Iron Man IW: Everybody knows how good he is on defense. But have you ever seriously ran him on offense? YIKES
    7. Doctor Voodoo: Man, Doctor Strange wishes he was this good. Just a terrifying character in the right matchups
    8. Spider-Man SE: Ridiculous offense. Shock/stun/effective against robots, emergency power control. Yowza
    9. Magik: Only five words needed: Just get to the L2
    10. Archangel: If it bleeds and can be poisoned, it dies. Quick, fast and in a hurry

Not on list: Domino (I think this character is broken)
    Honorable Mention: Medusa, Void and Scarlet Witch

Very solid list. I'd switch AA or IMIW for Gwenpool. Outside of AW tier 1-3 offensive effectiveness becomes much less important.

Huh. Thanks for the feedback -- I appreciate it. I need to look at Gwenpool with fresh eyes again
    My 6* is rank 2. No ragrets. He solos everything. Medusa, IWIM, Dorm....no problem! Easy game, easy life.

Wow. Can you post some base stats for that, if you get a minute?