**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Upcoming Changes to Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity - Discussion Thread

Comments

• JDB7135JDB7135 Posts: 2
    Honestly, I truly wish you would do the same type of refund for the changes to Pure Skill. So many dumped into that mastery also @Kabam Miike
  • You guys used medusa autoblock as exemple, but I have a question about crossbones! If I can keep gain his fury buffs this will activate MD? I mean, if I can keep at least 1 fury buff. Or everytime a fury expires will be the same as today??
    Thanks
  • OkamiKageOkamiKage Posts: 13
    What about
    Loki's L1 and L3 buff steal
    Hood's L2 hex
    Ghost Rider and DS fate seal
    Will removing buffs this way trigger mystic dispersion?
  • This is a really great change!!! Unfortunately because of the glitch I wasn’t able to access the beta. But I did like all the videos I saw with the proposed changes. I am happy you’re implementing these! This will be a great quality d life improvement when playing multiplayer modes!

Q: will the new mystic dispersion update interact with passive buffs like spider man symbiote’s evade? If so will it just treat the evade like any other buff or is there any difference?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    gage201205 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Does Thor Jane still suck? :tongue:

Jane Thor is awesome you underestimate her

Meh... She really isn't anything special, and for sure not until duped. She won't be killing any bosses that's for sure.
  • I think lots of players will be pissed because Kabam is changing the gameplan again in favor of the big hitters/high rated alliances.
  • nst43437nst43437 Posts: 24
    @Kabam Miike
    How about Dormamu’s Awaken ability will trigger if :
    StarLord trigers a new fury buff before the prior one expired, and like Angela on her every critical hit she get new armor, fury, buff.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    How will the refund work?

Let's say I bought 100 Mystic cores, 50 with Units & 50 with Loyalty. Will I get the unit equivalent of 50 cores (1.5k units) and the loyalty equivalent of 50 cores (400k)? Or can I get a refund all in one currency (3k units or 800k loyalty)

@Kabam Miike
  • Follow up Q:

Will spider man Stark (spark)’s evade (during specials & random) interact with MD. Presuming the player does not activate or use the dexterity mastery in any way.
  • ImnewbyImnewby Posts: 34
    edited August 2018
    Thank you for the clarification.

Sounds like a tough road lies ahead for someone... I wouldn't want to sift through the code and find out who bought with units vs loyalty... hope ya'll have a search engine.. :D

GL and Thanks for all the hard work ya'll do.
    Imnewby wrote: »
    Hey Miike,

Long time listener, first time caller...

The post sounded like we are getting a refund regardless, if we like it or not during the test phase, and then decide to buy it back or not... is that correct?

Yes. It is not possible for us to only refund Summoners on a case by case basis, so we're going all out and refunding everybody that's purchased Mystic Mastery Cores. All Summoners that have MD will have to buy the cores again and reapply their Mastery Points if they would like to repurchase it.
  • JBenjaminJBenjamin Posts: 27
    Will Loki’s L1and Curse abilities be affected? He isn’t nullifying the buffs, he’s stealing them. So he won’t be gaining power from stolen buffs?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    Proof1976 wrote: »
    Will we get rank down tickets for this as I would have never taken magik to Rank 5 had I been aware of these planned changes. We should not only be compensated for the MD items but also any Cats etc from rank downs.

No, as MD still works and Magik is a viable champ. MD can still be applied but it just acts differently. Also MD was always a choice and not a requirement.
  • I like these changes to MD But while we're changing masteries wouldn't it be cool to also look at the other class masteries? I only use MD because it's the best one and makes an already great class even better but I can't say the same for the others. If each class had one as good as mystic dispersion I could invest based on my favorite champs or classes.

I love the skill and mutant classes, theyre diverse, offer a lot of utility and hit hard. Plus they have all my favorite marvel characters. Adjusting Pure Skill (PS) to increase ability accuracy even by like 10% at Max rank as well as critical armor penetration would be awesome for so many characters.

Changing mutagenesis to reduce the duration/effect of more debuffs than bleed would be awesome even if it only increased by a small amount like 5% for every subsequent debuff up to a maximum of whatever. I'd say even throw in a .1% base health passive Regen since an accelerated healing factor is probably the most common mutant trait.

Increased buff duration and effect for cosmic champs. Maybe collar tech turns into some kind of back up battery that in addition to limiting opponent power gives all tech champs a small chance on losing or spending a bar of power to gain some power back. Maybe in addition to energy resistance science champs also get a boost to all base stats since they're supposed to generally feel tankier or they gain physical/energy resistance based on the number of debuffs on them or the opponent.

I think if every class had a mastery as useful as MD AW would become pretty diverse. People could show love for they're favorite classes.

Most importantly I think it champs who have these masteries should show it in the fight. A little mystic class icon under their health bar would help to inform attackers what they're about to get into rather than having to use dexterity and watch to see if the power bar goes up.

Just some thoughts I've had. Love the game. Peace.
  • You guys used medusa autoblock as exemple, but I have a question about crossbones! If I can keep gain his fury buffs this will activate MD? I mean, if I can keep at least 1 fury buff. Or everytime a fury expires will be the same as today??
    Thanks

That will still trigger Mystic Dispersion, as the Buffs are still expiring. There will be no change to that.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    RogerRabs wrote: »
    You can't deny that a lot of people specifically ranked mystic champions because of how Mystic Dispersion interacted with Dexterity. A lot of R4 Juggernauts/Dorumamu/Magik's that will be significantly weaker on AWD with the new changes.

4/55+ Juggernaut gave lots of skilled AW players trouble on node 55 in tier 1-5 AW. He won't anymore.
This discussion has been closed.