**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Pure Skill Rank Down

If Kabam is going to refund the units/loyalty for MD, why can they not do this for pure skill that’s been busted for a year? Refund those items and let the player base chose to reinvest when it’s rectified....

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Yeah the Pure Skill issue should still be addressed.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    hell might as well make us all quit the game and refund us everything

Nah I get where your coming from but let’s say I spent money on units for mystic dispersion(don’t worry I didn’t) and then I’m told it’s getting nerfed I’d want a refund as well
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    hell might as well make us all quit the game and refund us everything

Nah I get where your coming from but let’s say I spent money on units for mystic dispersion(don’t worry I didn’t) and then I’m told it’s getting nerfed I’d want a refund as well

imma quit before they nerf everyones profile XD
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 173
    edited August 2018
    winterthur wrote: »
    Any possibility to at least explain why Pure Skill which was 'broken' is actually being looked into after MD?

Economics. They've ridden the Blade train into the station.... Rolled out the auto blockers and need to refocus our year
    Hi There,

As we said in the original post on the Mystic Dispersion/Dexterity Beta, after we are done with them, we are going to turn our attention to Pure Skill.

We don't have any more information on that right now, but as soon as we do, we'll let you guys know!

@Kabam Miike do you think this could warrant taking the ticket support staff off of the "it's working as intended" autopilot and allow them to answer that it's an acknowledged shortcoming that is being investigated. Other mods may have affirmed your stance over the last year and a half, and I wouldn't know, but any discussion on it with support feels like dealing with a recording... And that's not service in any form.
  • ill_ill_ Posts: 60
    Remember when they tried to tell us that Pure Skill is actually better than Pre 12.0... and now they acknowledge there is an issue with it and will focus on Pure Skill after MD changes.... it's like these guys don't believe a word the community says and it takes them years to see it themselves.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Hi There,

As we said in the original post on the Mystic Dispersion/Dexterity Beta, after we are done with them, we are going to turn our attention to Pure Skill.

We don't have any more information on that right now, but as soon as we do, we'll let you guys know!

You guys say a lot but if you just refund the player base now it becomes a non-issue until a later date when you can actually fix the issues with ps. I understand the refund of resource is quite extensive and requires a lot of back tracking through summoner profiles but let be honest with each other about it just being the right thing to do. I personally have 4:5 unlocked for ps and haven’t used it since 12.0 nerfed it.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    I'd venture the extremely (!) expensive and extremely (!) broken Inequity/Resonate masteries need looking into as well.
  • They made the goggles usless and I know most of the old school players have the “ detect science” mastery open but they wont refund them, which to be honest is another kick in the teeth from kabam, and they won’t comment as it’s to tricky for them to think up new reasons @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @kabam jobs worth
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Pure Skill revamp, coming to the Contest in 2020!
  • RogerRabs wrote: »
    Pure Skill revamp, coming to the Contest in 2020!

2020 ish
    edited August 2018
    I'd even settle happily on the refund of levels 4 and 5, along with them being removed so no poor soul steps into the mess we've been enduring for 18 months.
    edited August 2018
    On a side note, anybody want to guess how long this conversation will remain open before possibly redirected and certainly closed by a mod?

I mean the injustice to MD is pending while we've been waiting over a year, but they can rant on incessantly without having theirs closed.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Any possibility to at least explain why Pure Skill which was 'broken' is actually being looked into after MD?

It's a simple explanation. PS - They broke it and it was not going to benefit them to fix it as our less usable heroes cost us potions to continue to use and the number of people affected by it was considerably smaller. MD - they allowed it to remain broken because it reaped potion procurements in AW and touching it was going to encite a riot.

It's not broken. It's just not achieving the same Damage increase as before because it's Maxing potential earlier. Reason being, Armor has changed. The system has changed as well.
  • Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 69
    Unbelievable....

Been asking periodically for 18 months and the answer is still the same. Hurry up and wait....

While I'm excited for a fix to this mastery I just don't understand why it has taken so long to be addressed.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Mobius360 wrote: »
    Unbelievable....

Been asking periodically for 18 months and the answer is still the same. Hurry up and wait....

While I'm excited for a fix to this mastery I just don't understand why it has taken so long to be addressed.

It's no different then the detect masteries that Kabam also messed up. Although technically not broken, they made other changes pretty much nullifying the benefits of them.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

It's a simple explanation. PS - They broke it and it was not going to benefit them to fix it as our less usable heroes cost us potions to continue to use and the number of people affected by it was considerably smaller. MD - they allowed it to remain broken because it reaped potion procurements in AW and touching it was going to encite a riot.

It's not broken. It's just not achieving the same Damage increase as before because it's Maxing potential earlier. Reason being, Armor has changed. The system has changed as well.

Have you used Pure Skill? Both versions? At what levels? Not a personal attack, but rather just trying to gauge your experience in commenting on the issue. If you haven’t had it —either in its old incarnation or its new, then what is the basis of your commentary?

Dr. Zola
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    Hi There,

After Pure Skill is addressed, will Mutagenesis ever be updated or changed? Removing time on Bleed is outdated when there are far more damage over time debuffs that have been released after that mastery (Poison already existed, but things like Incinerate, Shock, Curse, Coldsnap, Degeneration, Damnation, Black ISO-8, etc are unaffected by this Mastery). It also holds little or no benefit to several of the Mutants it is exclusive too, like Bleed Immune fighters like Colossus or Iceman, characters like Rogue, Beast and Old Man Logan who already remove Bleeds faster, or another Mutant like Bishop who can remove Bleeds with his Prowesses. It also seems like it will also not be of much use to someone like Emma Frost.

It also does not have any impact on Bleed nodes, and seems to be basically nullified by something like Deep Wounds, which is a more used Mastery and extends Bleeds by a similar amounts.

Many of these class masteries need revisions to keep up with the current design of the game, but this one has almost always been out of date since it was introduced, and would greatly benefit from a revision to elevate Mutant fighters and their abilities.

Broken or significantly less effective following a change. I think you're splitting hairs. Either way you slice it, it is a fraction of what it was when we invested it in.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018

Broken or significantly less effective following a change. I think you're splitting hairs. Either way you slice it, it is a fraction of what it was when we invested it in.

There's a great deal of debate on the term effective, simply because the Mastery itself is actually more effective, in that it is capable of ignoring more Armor. It's just that there's less Armor to ignore. I get what you're saying, though. The problem is, nothing reacts the same as it did pre-12.0, save for a few Champs with Abilities that weren't affected. In any case, it's a difficult situation to look at. They're looking at it either way.
    edited September 2018

There's a great deal of debate on the term effective, simply because the Mastery itself is actually more effective, in that it is capable of ignoring more Armor. It's just that there's less Armor to ignore. I get what you're saying, though. The problem is, nothing reacts the same as it did pre-12.0, save for a few Champs with Abilities that weren't affected. In any case, it's a difficult situation to look at. They're looking at it either way.

I think most would disagree that being told that there was nothing amiss for around the first 6 months, and having every discussion on the subject systematically closed for the subsequent year would qualify as looking into it. I think the majority would call it having our concern dismissed and ignored to the point that even now we don't have substantial evidence to expect it be rectified.

As I've stated before, my concern is only with the level 4&5 of the mastery.
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 494 ★★★
    Anyone that had pure skill knows it was nerfed dramatically after 12.0. All Kabam has to do is see how many players have unlocked 4 and 5 but are not using it to know. I had 5 in pure skill and pulled al out and put in MD. At least have option in MD to get resources back.