**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Danger Rooms

Comments

• SmashSmash Posts: 808 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Since we don’t yet know how many passes will come from the 7-day alliance events and/or the 24 hour solo event each week, here’s the breakdown on rewards just from the regular and Gifted Danger Rooms (aka running all 5 difficulties each day for all 28 days):

- 5,600 PHC shards
    - 2,800 3* shards
    - 1,400 4* shards
    - 4,200 5* shards
    - 2,800 t1b frags
    - 6,440 t2b frags
    - 22,400 t3b frags
    - 32,480 t4b frags
    - 3,920 t1a frags
    - 5,040 t2a frags
    - 56 t4cc frag crystals

Thanks for the break down 😁
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Sbkrueb wrote: Β»
    So if I don't have any 2 star or 3 star champions does that mean I won't be able to participate in this event at all?

You can still participate in the beginner level. Also, I'd start grinding the quickmatch arena now, while it is still giving cinematic crystals.
    ESF wrote: Β»
    So if I don't have any 2 star or 3 star champions does that mean I won't be able to participate in this event at all?

Not trying to be cold or negative, but this is exactly why some people consistently advise not to sell champions -- this isn't the first time they've done something like this, and obviously, there are Arenas every week that have Rarity caps

At some point, if people are going to sell characters, that becomes a choice, and choices like that where you benefit on the front end can have consequences on the back end

To be more specific, selling champions is a risk that most people who advocate selling do not quantify and do not account for when they claim it is a good strategy. You accept that risk when you sell.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 wrote: Β»
    ESF wrote: Β»

Not trying to be cold or negative, but this is exactly why some people consistently advise not to sell champions -- this isn't the first time they've done something like this, and obviously, there are Arenas every week that have Rarity caps

At some point, if people are going to sell characters, that becomes a choice, and choices like that where you benefit on the front end can have consequences on the back end

To be more specific, selling champions is a risk that most people who advocate selling do not quantify and do not account for when they claim it is a good strategy. You accept that risk when you sell.

Absolutely -- I mean, seriously. For, what, the last year, Kabam literally gives a crystal that is more likely to be a 3-star every month, simply for logging in. You don't even have to grind for that. There's even four or five grace days built into it.

I mean, my gosh. At some point, if a person can't even be bothered to hang onto even those, what do people want Kabam to do

• DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 401 β˜…β˜…
    Smash wrote: Β»
    Since we don’t yet know how many passes will come from the 7-day alliance events and/or the 24 hour solo event each week, here’s the breakdown on rewards just from the regular and Gifted Danger Rooms (aka running all 5 difficulties each day for all 28 days):

- 5,600 PHC shards
    - 2,800 3* shards
    - 1,400 4* shards
    - 4,200 5* shards
    - 2,800 t1b frags
    - 6,440 t2b frags
    - 22,400 t3b frags
    - 32,480 t4b frags
    - 3,920 t1a frags
    - 5,040 t2a frags
    - 56 t4cc frag crystals

Thanks for the break down 😁

No problem! Like I said I wanted to incorporate the Uncanny rewards too but want to wait until we see what the alliance and solo events give us in terms of passes. I’ll try to remember to do a breakdown once we know more πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It's random and stupid in my opinion. Im fine with the champion requirements but they could of been implemented into something better.
  • MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 429 β˜…β˜…
    Looks a visit to Quickmatch to grab a bunch of 2-star cinematic basic hero crystals is in order.
  • eagles1990eagles1990 Posts: 17 β˜…
    At least show us the strength of the opponents for each difficulty. I need to know if I should spend these next few days ranking up some 2 and 3 stars.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Well, I'm definitely pretty set when it comes to the Epic Difficulty; I've got at least 1 2* champ of each class somewhere in Rank 4. just will need to max some of my 2* champs...
    Seriously this is an interesting concept
  • Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 β˜…β˜…
    Can we please get an approximate PI of the mobs and bosses in the master and epic rooms pls? Is it similar to gwenpool?
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited August 2018
    pretty sure you dont need a team full of 2* to take in, just need maybe 1 in your team with various other star ratings of a certain class
    could be wrong but thats how i read it in the other thread in announcement category forum
    It's random and stupid in my opinion. Im fine with the champion requirements but they could of been implemented into something better.

I fail to see how any part of the event could be reasonably characterized as "random." I mean, it is a month long event with seven different missions requiring the six different classes in the game emphasizing the lower 2* and 3* champions. All of those design choices seem either deliberate (such as the choice to focus on lower tier champions) or forced (working around the six existing classes or the number of days in a calendar week), none are arbitrary.
  • These sound an interesting variant on the 'Trials of' Format we've seen before. A few questions that don't seem to be covered:

1 - How many danger rooms can we run per day? I'm guessing one entry per difficulty level, but can we go through more than one difficulty level per day? We could only do one Trial per day; but clearly will have to do different levels for the different Uncanny Passes.

2 - Energy costs: are there any?

3 - Presumably there will be some crazy nodes? Any heads-up on these? Are they predictable or random? Anything?

Thanks - looking forwards to your answers, and to trying out the Danger Room.

Only one room per day
  • eagles1990eagles1990 Posts: 17 β˜…
    pretty sure you dont need a team full of 2* to take in, just need maybe 1 in your team with various other star ratings of a certain class
    could be wrong but thats how i read it in the other thread in announcement category forum

I'm more worried about the 3*s. I didn't really know what I was doing when I was in 3* land so while blind luck got me maxed AA, Iceman and Magik, the rest of my leveled up 3*s are the likes of Civil Warrior, Kamala Khan, Moon Knight, Netflix Daredevil and Colossus.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'm looking forward to it. It seems fun. Every once in a while, it's nice to take some pressure off and just enjoy an Event.
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 β˜…β˜…
    Im sticking to heroic.master.epic...3 rooms is enough not to mention playing 3 difficulties of event quest as it is which translate too much work lol
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Thank you for the heads-up, at least we have a few days to upgrade the required heroes.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited August 2018
    If you want to impose character requirements kabam, then you should make the qwenpool 1v1 quickmatch crystals permanent so that people if they so choose can farm sig levels using those crystals.
  • SlugeinsteinSlugeinstein Posts: 11 β˜…
    2β˜† champs ... in Master but against 4β˜† ?

IF the Epic quest is like the difficulty on the Gwenpool goes to the movies event, will be really easy to do it with 3* tho
  • SupermanafficinadoSupermanafficinado Posts: 158 β˜…

- 5,600 PHC shards
    - 2,800 3* shards
    - 1,400 4* shards
    - 4,200 5* shards
    - 2,800 t1b frags
    - 6,440 t2b frags
    - 22,400 t3b frags
    - 32,480 t4b frags
    - 3,920 t1a frags
    - 5,040 t2a frags
    - 56 t4cc frag crystals

The amount of 5 star shard would be 4800.
    50+100=150 from master and epic for 6 days a week. Thats 900. Plus 100+200=300 for uncanny day for master and epic. Thats 1200 per week. For 4 weeks you get 4800 shards.
  • I've calculated all rewards player can get through all rooms, excluding Uncanny rooms player can enter through Tickets he gets from Alliance Event.
    https://mbch.guide/en/articles/anons-komnaty-opasnosti/
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 β˜…β˜…
    Cash grab... Congratulations, you have to rank up the crappy champions that you would never, under any circumstances use in any other game mode. So. Enough they are going to have requirements to use a tech champ against a lineup of Spiderman champions (hint: there are no tech champions with a mechanic to deal with evade champs). I'm sorry but this champion requirements thing is an awful idea and every single one of you that supports it now when they use it against you later to dig into your child's college fund remember, you were warned...
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Can we get any information on how many fights there are? It would be quite useful for us to know this as this will most likely be the determining factor for many of us who don't know if the rewards are worth the time commitment.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Iksdjvan wrote: Β»
    Cash grab... Congratulations, you have to rank up the crappy champions that you would never, under any circumstances use in any other game mode. So. Enough they are going to have requirements to use a tech champ against a lineup of Spiderman champions (hint: there are no tech champions with a mechanic to deal with evade champs). I'm sorry but this champion requirements thing is an awful idea and every single one of you that supports it now when they use it against you later to dig into your child's college fund remember, you were warned...

First of all, 3* and 2* don’t require cash to upgrade ... secondly u don’t need AAR necessarily to counter evade. Plenty of people use sparky against beefed up spiderman all the time ... might a good time to practice your skills more and cry less
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Sounds like it could be interesting.

Also:
    LET’S GET DANGEROUS

When there's trouble, you call DW
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Buttehrs wrote: Β»
    If yall would read the other accouncement about champion requirements you'd see that they know we cant fight 6* champs with 3* champs. But go ahead and keep thinking they dont know stuff lol

Some people aren't that bright. πŸ˜†
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 401 β˜…β˜…

- 5,600 PHC shards
    - 2,800 3* shards
    - 1,400 4* shards
    - 4,200 5* shards
    - 2,800 t1b frags
    - 6,440 t2b frags
    - 22,400 t3b frags
    - 32,480 t4b frags
    - 3,920 t1a frags
    - 5,040 t2a frags
    - 56 t4cc frag crystals

The amount of 5 star shard would be 4800.
    50+100=150 from master and epic for 6 days a week. Thats 900. Plus 100+200=300 for uncanny day for master and epic. Thats 1200 per week. For 4 weeks you get 4800 shards.

Remember, I wasn’t counting Uncanny in the total breakdown since we don’t yet know how many passes will be available from the alliance and solo events. And also remember they said the regular/gifted danger rooms will also be running on day 7 as well. So 50+100 for 7 days a week for 4 weeks, which equals 4,200.