**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please remove cost to reset masteries

RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
After spending several odins unlocking dw , assasins ,recovery, inequity, resonate and precision/cruelty and LC /DE

Why do i have to spend 150+ units everytime i want to switch?

Please remove the cost to reset masteries as its just simply unfair and painful

Comments

• RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Also condisering different champs benefit from different masteries, its even more imperative to remove these costs so that we can use champs to their full potential...

I hope this gets implemented in the coming update
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Man, Featured Grandmasters Crystals costing units is also keeping me from my full potential.

I hope ALL crystals being able to be obtained for free is implemented in the next update.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Honestly can't tell if you're trolling.... if you expend all your units on resetting masteries over and over, you might want to consider a set that fits all for the most part, and not change around so much...

Besides, between the 5th and 11th of september, feel free to flip them 50 times a day. As sort of overkill week, so you don't even want to do it anymore after...

Also calling someone names because they excaggerate your fairly odd request (putting that as mild as I can) only serves to get your thread closed. Switch less. Be sensible.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Kabam miike said it was going to be done in sept 11
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Kabam miike said it was going to be done in sept 11

Yeah, my bad, it's the 11th. Still, a week's worth of free flipping then.
    edited August 2018
    Bapoi wrote: »
    Honestly can't tell if you're trolling.... if you expend all your units on resetting masteries over and over, you might want to consider a set that fits all for the most part, and not change around so much...

Besides, between the 5th and 11th of september, feel free to flip them 50 times a day. As sort of overkill week, so you don't even want to do it anymore after...

Also calling someone names because they excaggerate your fairly odd request (putting that as mild as I can) only serves to get your thread closed. Switch less. Be sensible.

3 aw a week...2 switches per aw.6 × 150 = 900 units minimum...

Im not insane to just switch them coz i cant make up my mind...its the requirement of the game!!

And masteries are supposed to give an edge by being match and champ specific...

So how can i change them less frequently?

The cost of resetting is simply unfair, defeats them from being utilised fully and is blocking units for other game requirements

Can you please tell why its free to switch from spe 5 - 11? And is the cost of resetting going away on 11 sep?
    Rajuteda wrote: »

Can you please tell why its free to switch from spe 5 - 11? And is the cost of resetting going away on 11 sep?

You are this into switching stuff around, but the announcement regarding the changes to MD you have missed completely? Rethink the way you play man... You're doing it wrong if it costs you that much each week..

Im not insane to just switch them coz i cant make up my mind...its the requirement of the game!!

The cost of resetting is simply unfair, defeats them from being utilised fully and is blocking units for other game requirements

Correct me if I’m wrong but most people don’t switch their masteries 6 times a week?

This is the first time I am hearing this.. Sounds insane to me..
  • AbarttoirAbarttoir Posts: 38
    Think it would be great if everyone would have the option of two preset Mastery set-ups. For instance that you can make your build for arena with suicides and an other build that you can use for War or quests, etc.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    You do know it used to cost units to recover your masteries, no? That cost was removed, so all you're paying now is to place points where you've unlocked already, or unlock new masteries.

And why are you switching your masteries 6 times a week? I recently changed my masteries to do my first run in LoL the day before, and it was months since I last changed them. What game are you playing???
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I don’t switch masteries unless I’m doing something like a labyrinth run. I don’t think I switch them 6 times a year.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    It would be nice if we could unlock a second spec for a one time upfront unit cost, that we could just swap between for different modes.

Being able to freely swap between an arena grinding spec with full suicides vs one for questing/etc would be nice.

Even barring that, the biggest problem is that you can't just remove a few points from one or two masteries, like suicides, and then place them somewhere else, only paying the cost for re-adding those. Instead, you have to completely dump the entire Offense tab, reallocating all of them instead of just the handful.
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★

I switch my masteries for aw defense also. Then i switch them back for offense. Free would be best.
    Most whales in top alliances switch them after every awd placement

But everyone is not a whale

I need suicides for arena but not for aq

Or the ronan stun chain wouldn't have been possible if i had locked only suicides..

So changing is imminent and i have all the masteries unlocked and maxed except unfazed..

So why is resetting cost hindering me from having a complete experience?

They just need to go!!

Several odins for unlocking each of them isint enough already for kabam?
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    Man, Featured Grandmasters Crystals costing units is also keeping me from my full potential.

I hope ALL crystals being able to be obtained for free is implemented in the next update.

Your way too absurd mate! Or you never used masteries i guess...

Infact i cant buy gmcs becuase switching masteries takes away all my units

Becuase of jerks like you , the rest of the community suffers

was a joke. lighten up.

yes, in masters AW I do use masteries. I adjust Utility only for each AW defence placement, as adjusting all 3 trees would be too expensive.

I also adjust willpower/coag on in order to 1 shot 5/65 Morningstar bosses with my 5/65 Blade.

while it'd be sweet for re-adding mastery points to not cost anything, I do not see kabam instituting such a change permanently.

a decent 'meet us half way' would be to have 3 mastery 'save slots' that once saved, while still costs some of the units/gold it would take to re-add the points back, not cost the full amount [they'd probably sell initial permanent unlocks for each of the 3 save slots]. ArcheAge PC MMO has a similar setup for their player skill sets.

Your way too absurd mate! Or you never used masteries i guess...

Infact i cant buy gmcs becuase switching masteries takes away all my units

Becuase of jerks like you , the rest of the community suffers

was a joke. lighten up.

yes, in masters AW I do use masteries. I adjust Utility only for each AW defence placement, as adjusting all 3 trees would be too expensive.

I also adjust willpower/coag on in order to 1 shot 5/65 Morningstar bosses with my 5/65 Blade.

while it'd be sweet for re-adding mastery points to not cost anything, I do not see kabam instituting such a change permanently.

a decent 'meet us half way' would be to have 3 mastery 'save slots' that once saved, while still costs some of the units/gold it would take to re-add the points back, not cost the full amount [they'd probably sell initial permanent unlocks for each of the 3 save slots]. ArcheAge PC MMO has a similar setup for their player skill sets.

Im sorry for not understanding your joke..apologies
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    I switch them up quite often actually. E.g. for alliance war defense, offense, and even for a little experimenting. It’s not a big issue, as far as I’m concerned, but it does feel a little unreasonable having to spend units to put points in masteries I’ve Unlocked by spending units. Like I said, not a major issue, but it is a minor pain in the behind.
    Totally unwarranted imho... considering how expensive some of them are to unlock in the first place
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

I haven't switched mine for over a year. Find a balance. You can't complain about the cost if you are choosing to switch that much. It's not a requirement.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

I haven't switched mine for over a year. Find a balance. You can't complain about the cost if you are choosing to switch that much. It's not a requirement.

To each his own mate...dont tell me what to do or how to play..please

Just like i wouldnt tell you to use just a particular champ becuase that's totally absurd...

Even the game text says" change your masteries as many times as you like"

Hope you have read it!!
    Please dont tell me how to play or what to do,just as i wouldnt tell you to use just a specific champ becuase that would be absurd..

To each his own..

Even the game says "change your masteries as often as you like"

Hope youve read that!!
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    You are lucky that it’s not 1.5-2 yrs ago where it cost 500-700 units to switch. It’s your choice to change them. You choose suicides to do arena faster. Live with your decisions.
    I am simply making points that others also have agreed upon via seperate forum threads..

If im not happy about something, surely have a right to express myself...why am i being told to live with my decisions?

Thats soo contradictory to the original idea...

You guys have accepted that reworking masteries is expensive , so you have chosen to accept the system and live within it..however limiting it may be!

I hope one of the mods can pass this onto the devs!!

@Kabam Miike
    Can there be some sort of acknowledgement on this from kabam?