**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Version 20.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    So you wanted more for new champions so you thought messing with controls would be the next best thing?

I could imagine a new champion ability to swap control of your champ and the enemy throughout a fight.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,757 ★★★★★
    So you wanted more for new champions so you thought messing with controls would be the next best thing?

I could imagine a new champion ability to swap control of your champ and the enemy throughout a fight.

That totally sounds like professor x or shadow king stuff right there.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    This looks like a very nice update, I am already hoping for an Emma Frost since she looks absolutely devastating.

I am also hoping the game team is working on fixing more bugs that otherwise shown in the changelog. :)
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    Cranmer00 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike THANKS for fixing domino man!

I R5d her as a AW defender and that super slow animation medium made her USELESS.. ppl could slowly evade medium and attack her using 0 skill.. appreciate it

Also to the “Domino block break” whiners.. she does not break any blocks. She breaks potential parries sometimes because that is her ability. Critical failure. If you go duel domino right now and hold block, she will never break it.

Learn how to play the game before getting on forums and whining.

I agree 100% many just knew nothing on how to fight her...Even odder I had no keyword no trouble with domino sometimes I messed up...like the people complaining about domino ...they more likely messed up than anything, the fact they think it was the game was very funny and confusing. It was even proven by dork diggity dave that it was human error. Human error will always occur ....Even further it was also proven people will lie to nerf someone that doesn't even know how to fight her. But hey you fixed some things domino needed fixed like the sp2! But other than that the block break glitch is false!
  • TaimurKhanTaimurKhan Posts: 119
    Raganator wrote: »
    Wait...Emma can cause inverted controls?

Don't panic just yet! This is not like the Thanos inversion. It only lasts the duration (plus 0.1 second afterwards) of the Special Attack itself and is much more manageable! This is something we payed very close attention to during play testing.

We already have many characters that are annoying like IMIW, Domino, WASP. Please don't make it so hard on us.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Raganator wrote: »
    Wait...Emma can cause inverted controls?

Don't panic just yet! This is not like the Thanos inversion. It only lasts the duration (plus 0.1 second afterwards) of the Special Attack itself and is much more manageable! This is something we payed very close attention to during play testing.

Is it unavoidable? Say she launches an attack... Am I going to get inverted controls even if I am not hit by the attack?

Yes. The Inversion activates when the Special Attack is activated. It is regardless of whether or not it hits you. It's a part of her Signature Ability and the fact that it does not need to hit you can actually work in your favor, since it won't be a surprise, and getting hit by it won't suddenly change the controls. Is she Awakened? Yes? Then you need to be ready for inverted controls.

Boooo!!!
  • CaptTCaptT Posts: 12
    ChuckRyan wrote: »
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    So, making it harder to evade/punish Domino medium ... but not fixing her block breaking.

#Fun&Interactive

This is actually the fix for her "Block Break". Domino's Double Hit Medium attack was acting too quickly, and making it much more difficult to dash/dex out of a block, and would end up catching you with the second hit while you're backing away.

Hey, Kabam Miike can you clarify this for us? My initial read of this was that Kabam was fixing the delay after Domino's medium attack in a standard five hit combo. See the forum post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/86185/domino-exploit-ai-defense-bugged#latest

Does the change to Domino's Medium Attack animation speed address both the alleged "block break" issue AND the issue with intercepting Domino mid combo?

Some additional clarity is needed. Thanks!

@Kabam Miike I would also like this clarified on what exactly is being fixed. Does this make it so you cannot intercept Domino mid combo?
  • Hey All,

I have a correction to make that will hopefully put everybody at ease. Our Patch Notes made this sound more confusing than it needed to be, and were a little bit off. I'm correcting it now, but I want to assure everybody that the actual pace of the attack hasn't changed, but the opponent's Block.

It should read: "Made adjustments to Domino's double hit Medium Attack to prevent Champions from releasing their block too early, bringing it in line with other Champions' double hit attacks."

Sorry for the confusion that was caused here.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

I R5d her as a AW defender and that super slow animation medium made her USELESS.. ppl could slowly evade medium and attack her using 0 skill.. appreciate it

Also to the “Domino block break” whiners.. she does not break any blocks. She breaks potential parries sometimes because that is her ability. Critical failure. If you go duel domino right now and hold block, she will never break it.

I think you might be a little disappointed when you read mikes update.
  • UlysseOdysseus75UlysseOdysseus75 Posts: 188
    Emma frost's abilities are *kreygasm*
    giphy.gif

• Omega red is op definitely going for him
  • IrakliIrakli Posts: 148
    Are the slowmo flykicks going to be fixed? Too many champs are affected.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    Anything about the overheating issue that is still affecting people?

That is a performance related issue, and one that we have been working on improving. So while there is no fix to address specifically devices heating up, we have worked on performance that should help with a number of performance issues.

Is it not comparing the codes of the 'game engine' between v18 and v19 and find the 'offending' lines (I am not a programmer)?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    winterthur wrote: »
    Anything about the overheating issue that is still affecting people?

That is a performance related issue, and one that we have been working on improving. So while there is no fix to address specifically devices heating up, we have worked on performance that should help with a number of performance issues.

Is it not comparing the codes of the 'game engine' between v18 and v19 and find the 'offending' lines (I am not a programmer)?

That is not a practical way of looking for this type of problem for five reasons.

Many thanks again for explanation.

It simply means I still can't use the better device to play the game (to avoid the over-heating). I will have to continue with another which only have 1 hour game play battery life. Once that is down, I will be reduced to just daily login. :#

• Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    When is this available on App Store?

Edit: never mind
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    still no change to hulk Being very hard to chain a sp1 after finishing combo with medium attack
  • I just rank up my 5star domino to r4 knowing his block break is her ability thats make her a good deffender..now will compensate me with this by ranking her down and get my resources back?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,757 ★★★★★
    Spindidi wrote: »
    I just rank up my 5star domino to r4 knowing his block break is her ability thats make her a good deffender..now will compensate me with this by ranking her down and get my resources back?

Nope
  • rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntar Posts: 268
    I was thinking about more ideas for Frost just days before I read that she's being added but I thought I'd share them anyway! Here's from my Reddit post

I know I already did this but I think these new ideas are way better and would make the game more interesting:

Name: Emma Frost
    Class: Mutant
    Combat type: Tank? Burst?

Basic Abilities: Armor Up, Bleed and Poison Immunity, Evade, Refraction

Telepath Mode: EM has a constant Evade Up Buff against most Champions; exceptions are Magneto and Scarlet Witch and Frost herself. Spider-Champions suffer from decreased Evade chance. When Stunned or Concussed, EM switches to Diamond Mode.

Diamond Mode: While in DM, EM is immune to Bleed. While in DM, Refraction may activate. Armor Break causes EM to switch back to Telepath Mode.

Refraction's effects depend on how full the Power Meter is, as do the consequences of being Armor Broken.

Less than 1 Bar: Refraction has an 8% chance to absorb 10% of Energy Dmg as Power.

Less than 2 Bars: Refraction has an 8% chance to absorb 10% of Energy Dmg as stored energy to be released later on. If EF reverts to TM before she uses L3 and Power is still between 1 and 2 bars, all stored energy is released as Direct Energy Damage as EF enters TM.
    Less than 3 Bars: Refraction has a 16% chance to absorb 10% of Energy Dmg as stored energy to be released later.

3 Bars: If L3 is not activated within 5 seconds, stored energy begins to dissipates at 20% per second as light, lowering enemy accuracy by 1% for each passing second (Max 5%). If Refraction activates before stored energy runs out then dissipation stops for one second before resuming. Stored energy is not restored. If Refraction activates within the first 5 seconds, the timer resets.

More than 2 Bars:. If EF is Stunned etc in TM she loses no more than 1.5 Bars of Power and deals 10% of all damage suffered since entering TM.
    If EF is Armor Broken in DM she loses at most 2.25 Bars of Power and deals 5% of all damage suffered since entering DM (except from preexisting Poison or Toxin debuffs) plus 5% of stored energy,osong the rest.

Note: EF's organic diamond structure prevents anything from getting inside her body...or out. Preexisting Poison or Toxin Debuffs will remain in DM and if their timer expires the effects will continue until she returns to TM. Be careful around Abomination and Archangel!

depending on the mode EF is in when a Special is activated, side effects will differ:

L1
    TM: EF deals Energy Dmg
    DM: EF deals Phys Dmg
    L2
    TM:
    DM: EF inflicts Armor Break
    L3:
    TM: EF concusses the enemy
    DM: EF releases all stored energy as Direct Damage

Note: it is impossible for EF to activate L3 in DM without having some amount of stored energy, though the amount varies.

Note: Auto-Block and Reflect Stun do not activate DM. Only regular Stuns such as from Parry or a Special Abity, or Concussion can activate DM.

Note: Magneto does not allow EF to read his thoughts, preventing here from gaining that increased Evade and protecting him from Evasion Rate decrease.

L1: EF enters TM and gives the enemy an intense migraine, dealing damage over time
    L2: EF enters DM and throws a series of rock-hard punches, inflicting Bleed on the enemy
    L3: EF enters DM, emitting energy as intense light, blinding the opponent as she enters DM and launches a telepathic assault on them, nearly driving them mad.

Synergy:
    Hellfire Queens with Phoenix
    Phoenix Hosts with Colossus and Magik
    Awakened Potential with Iceman: Armor Break has a chance to lower Armor rating without removing the Bleed and Poison Immunities.

Romance with Cyclops (New Xavier School)

Masteries:

Bleed enhancers and mitigators
    Health recgeneration
    Stun shortening

Good matchups:
    energy-based champs; eg Magneto but they are rare
    Opponent's without armor break
    Spidey variants; their Spidey sense is grossly impaired leaving them less able to evade

Poor matchups
    Champs with High Armor Break Rate

EDIT: I only just found out she is being added so if there was already knowledge of this I was unaware of it. So plz don't tell me that this is not how she turns out to be.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    ESF wrote: »
    OH, MY GOSH.

I literally started laughing during Frost's description. Oh, man

Hang on, people. I need a minute to get my popcorn ready, because people are going to lose their minds

Yeah.

"Immune to almost every debuff currently in the contest." says Miike.

I sense new debuffs coming with October's Champions...
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    Completely unlikely, but will Emma Frost have a Synergy with Magneto called "Welcome to Die"?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Hi Miike.

I was hoping to see a text change description in Medusa's Sig ability, which your Changelog doesn't appear to contain. Could you clarify if/when this will happen?

I had a response by your colleague Kabam Zibiit on my Bug thread about Medusa's autoblocking whilst stunned: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/81886/medusa-still-autoblocks-whilst-stunned#latest

Zibiit stated that the fact Medusa can autoblock whilst stunned (and snap out of the stun effect) of going to be moved from the status of 'Bug' to 'Ability':
    Hey there, Medusa's auto-block is a little bit different than others. She supposed to be able able to trigger Auto-Block and break an opponent's combo, even while she is under the effects of a Stun. This can still only occur if she has 3 Fury Buffs, which will be consumed by the Stun. We'll be updating her description in the game so that this is more clear in the future.

I'm perfectly fine with her having this ability (although actually it would make more sense from comics canon to give Archangel or IMIW this ability when knocked unconscious, rather than her); but could we please ensure this is clarified ASAP; so we don't get another situation where a 'Bug' is confirmed as no longer a 'bug', people rank the champion for that ability, and then months later the 'bug' is fixed out of the blue; leading to dissatisfaction and calls for RDTs.

Thank you in advance.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,908 ★★★★★
    They just made that Thanos boss seem pointless now things that made him unique are in the contest with regular champs i swear he had the ability because the gem so im guessing Emma frost has them gem then.

• AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Nojokejaym wrote: »
    They just made that Thanos boss seem pointless now things that made him unique are in the contest with regular champs i swear he had the ability because the gem so im guessing Emma frost has them gem then.

She *is* a gem, didn't you see that diamond mode? =P Thanos changed your controls due to the Chaos stone, she changes them via psychically flipping your left-right calibration, or something. I do wish she did something else, but it's a fair enough way to connect to her psychic abilities and how they should allow her to manipulate her opponent. Thanos can't be unique forever.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★

Absolutely 100% agree! mine is r5 too for defence and labyrinth and this makes it worth it more! shes not too bad when you have champs that dont rely on abilties to win! and if youre good at intercepting you can reliably kill her
  • Evil_DevilEvil_Devil Posts: 57
    edited September 2018
    Are the issues of having script rather than actual text going to be fixed,
    I'm sick of having this problem for the past 2 months, you could imagine how item use event is working for me

9aswq6wr2u1e.jpg
    064jrskzcopq.jpg