**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Pure Skill Rank Down

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    winterthur wrote: »
    Any possibility to at least explain why Pure Skill which was 'broken' is actually being looked into after MD?

It's a simple explanation. PS - They broke it and it was not going to benefit them to fix it as our less usable heroes cost us potions to continue to use and the number of people affected by it was considerably smaller. MD - they allowed it to remain broken because it reaped potion procurements in AW and touching it was going to encite a riot.

It's not broken. It's just not achieving the same Damage increase as before because it's Maxing potential earlier. Reason being, Armor has changed. The system has changed as well.

Broken or significantly less effective following a change. I think you're splitting hairs. Either way you slice it, it is a fraction of what it was when we invested it in.

There's a great deal of debate on the term effective, simply because the Mastery itself is actually more effective, in that it is capable of ignoring more Armor. It's just that there's less Armor to ignore. I get what you're saying, though. The problem is, nothing reacts the same as it did pre-12.0, save for a few Champs with Abilities that weren't affected. In any case, it's a difficult situation to look at. They're looking at it either way.

I think most would disagree that being told that there was nothing amiss for around the first 6 months, and having every discussion on the subject systematically closed for the subsequent year would qualify as looking into it. I think the majority would call it having our concern dismissed and ignored to the point that even now we don't have substantial evidence to expect it be rectified.

As I've stated before, my concern is only with the level 4&5 of the mastery.

Nowhere was it stated that nothing was amiss. From a technical standpoint, it was explained that the Mastery was more powerful, and Maxed out at around Level 3 or 4. They have also maintained that they would look at it. Which they will, after they finish with MD.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    ill_ wrote: »
    Remember when they tried to tell us that Pure Skill is actually better than Pre 12.0... and now they acknowledge there is an issue with it and will focus on Pure Skill after MD changes.... it's like these guys don't believe a word the community says and it takes them years to see it themselves.

The situation is actually that pure skill is both broken, and better than pre-12.0.

How this works is that after diminishing returns and how armour works was changed after 12.0, Pure skill scales differently in such a way that it reaches its max effectiveness at rank 3. Pre-12.0 it would scale so it’s max was (obviously) rank 5.

Now, once you reach rank 3, rank 4 and 5 do not affect what pure skill does.

At least, that’s my understanding.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Any possibility to at least explain why Pure Skill which was 'broken' is actually being looked into after MD?

It's a simple explanation. PS - They broke it and it was not going to benefit them to fix it as our less usable heroes cost us potions to continue to use and the number of people affected by it was considerably smaller. MD - they allowed it to remain broken because it reaped potion procurements in AW and touching it was going to encite a riot.

It's not broken. It's just not achieving the same Damage increase as before because it's Maxing potential earlier. Reason being, Armor has changed. The system has changed as well.

Lol, not broken? Levels 4 and 5 of the mastery add 0 value.

18 months of 0 value and counting
    MikeHock wrote: »

The Mastery itself isn't broken. It's the Armor it ignores that's changed. There's also a new system to account for. Which it why it's a tricky situation. It's 0 value because you're getting the full value at Level 3 or 4, depending on the Armor.
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 173

The Mastery itself isn't broken. It's the Armor it ignores that's changed. There's also a new system to account for. Which it why it's a tricky situation. It's 0 value because you're getting the full value at Level 3 or 4, depending on the Armor.

If you're getting the full value at 3 or 4, what's the point of 5? Now take into consideration that 5 costs slightly more than unlocking 1-4, and try to tell folks that it isn't fair to have, at a minimum, the resources for level 5 returned immediately. Wait, from what I've seen, you probably will....nvm.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    @Kabam Miike

Just for um… later down the line, I decided to screenshot your statement about pure skill.

If you're getting the full value at 3 or 4, what's the point of 5? Now take into consideration that 5 costs slightly more than unlocking 1-4, and try to tell folks that it isn't fair to have, at a minimum, the resources for level 5 returned immediately. Wait, from what I've seen, you probably will....nvm.

I'm not really offering an opinion on what should be done either way. That's what they'll look at when they turn their attention to it. I'm simply offering a technical clarification on what happened.
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike

Just for um… later down the line, I decided to screenshot your statement about pure skill.

Why? It's here for anyone to read.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike

The one is the old forum is priceless.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom

You and I both know it’d be lost in a sea of posts before November. This way we can keep it circulating and when it’s time to call them out on it *BOOM* here we go

(Kinda like when Wolfy was unceremoniously removed for his post stating a “working as intended” despite it being hilariously wrong later on)
    edited September 2018
    @Kabam Miike

Because when they don't make good and we make that ever so pleasant trouble ticket and the fool responding asks for proof, he's got it handy and doesn't have to search through dozens of closed threads or pages upon pages (remember were exceeding 18 months now) of search results to find it.

I'm not really offering an opinion on what should be done either way. That's what they'll look at when they turn their attention to it. I'm simply offering a technical clarification on what happened.

I must admit, I wonder why you're commenting at all. I've narrowed it down to one of three things (likely a combination of them):

1. You are reliving your glory days on the high school debate team.

2. You are going for some sort of record for the number of posts

3. You can't stand to not get the last word in.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Wait... what's wrong with Pure Skill?

I must admit, I wonder why you're commenting at all. I've narrowed it down to one of three things (likely a combination of them):

1. You are reliving your glory days on the high school debate team.

2. You are going for some sort of record for the number of posts

3. You can't stand to not get the last word in.

I literally just told you. I was clarifying what the situation was.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Mathking13 wrote: »
    Wait... what's wrong with Pure Skill?

It already reached max effectiveness at rank 3, when challenger rating and diminishing return was implemented.
    edited September 2018
    @Kabam Miike

Because when they don't make good and we make that ever so pleasant trouble ticket and the fool responding asks for proof, he's got it handy and doesn't have to search through dozens of closed threads or pages upon pages (remember were exceeding 18 months now) of search results to find it.

If they specifically stated they're turning their attention to it after MD, that's what's happening. That's not at all generic. Honestly, is there a constructive purpose to these comments, or is it just a rant about how long it's been?
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike

If they specifically stated they're turning their attention to it after MD, that's what's happening. That's not at all generic. Honestly, is there a constructive purpose to these comments, or is it just a rant about how long it's been?

Because we all know that "after" means right away, with it's done, right after. Sure. It's not at all possible they'll have to deal with rescaling dungeon milestones first. Or a big war issue that's not in line with the spirit of the contest. Or a champ specific thing that kills their super hard end boss to fast. Hell there is going to be another Batista like challenge really soon, so we're sure going to have to wait about anything pure skill related until they fix whatever portal mess they make there.

When you're already waiting 18 months "after" means next to nothing. Hell Adora would post something after her kickbox session and it took her two days. Meetings they have later that day take over a week to finish. If they would be saying "we're going to look at it next month, you can expect an update and beta test hitting the contest in november" it would mean something, but "later" just doesn't.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

I dropped a plate an it smashed. It's not broken tho it just holds less of my dinner now therefore maxing my potential to control my calorie count.
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

I dropped a plate an it smashed. It's not broken tho it just holds less of my dinner now therefore maxing my potential to control my calorie count.

If the portion of food on the plate is smaller, the plate is still in tact.
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike

Because we all know that "after" means right away, with it's done, right after. Sure. It's not at all possible they'll have to deal with rescaling dungeon milestones first. Or a big war issue that's not in line with the spirit of the contest. Or a champ specific thing that kills their super hard end boss to fast. Hell there is going to be another Batista like challenge really soon, so we're sure going to have to wait about anything pure skill related until they fix whatever portal mess they make there.

When you're already waiting 18 months "after" means next to nothing. Hell Adora would post something after her kickbox session and it took her two days. Meetings they have later that day take over a week to finish. If they would be saying "we're going to look at it next month, you can expect an update and beta test hitting the contest in november" it would mean something, but "later" just doesn't.

They said after they're finished with MD. There is no use in pushing when it's already on the table.
    @Kabam Miike

They said after they're finished with MD. There is no use in pushing when it's already on the table.

They said after her kickboxing too... just disregard anything I say, why don't you. I'm not pushing, I'm explaining to you why others don't take Kabam their "after" serious and you just repeat the same thing as before.
    @Kabam Miike

They said after her kickboxing too... just disregard anything I say, why don't you. I'm not pushing, I'm explaining to you why others don't take Kabam their "after" serious and you just repeat the same thing as before.

I repeated the same thing as before because that's the response given. I go on the information provided. I don't perpetuate disbelief.
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    edited September 2018

wow oh wow u mean when were told there looking at it for 18 months yet they do nothing about it we should belive them when they act like it's a priority now

at this point it's clear there way to busy to work on it and that's fine but as a result they should've already refunded the mastery

ps we have been told that it was on the table and that they wanted to fix it for over a year now
    @Kabam Miike

I repeated the same thing as before because that's the response given. I go on the information provided. I don't perpetuate disbelief.

Which had nothing to do with what I said. If you’re not responding to me, don’t quote me.
    @Kabam Miike

Which had nothing to do with what I said. If you’re not responding to me, don’t quote me.

You are the one that addressed me. Not sure if you wanted to have a debate, or just reply with sarcasm and tone. I'm here to discuss the subject. I'm not here to argue with.
    @Kabam Miike

You are the one that addressed me. Not sure if you wanted to have a debate, or just reply with sarcasm and tone. I'm here to discuss the subject. I'm not here to argue with.

Hmm... Debate would require that you have a point, wouldn't it? All I've noticed is you want to belittle our strife on the subject.
    @Kabam Miike

Hmm... Debate would require that you have a point, wouldn't it? All I've noticed is you want to belittle our strife on the subject.

I expressed my points. Nothing I said was belittling.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike

Consider the new people that join daily and begin unlocking masteries. Why should they even be offered this mastery that’s broken? That sets a bad presidence by offering a broken product and not informing the customer.

I recommend refunding the mastery for those who purchased it, through units and loyalty. I would then lock the mastery until it’s been updated and works as intended.
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    @Kabam Miike

Consider the new people that join daily and begin unlocking masteries. Why should they even be offered this mastery that’s broken? That sets a bad presidence by offering a broken product and not informing the customer.

I recommend refunding the mastery for those who purchased it, through units and loyalty. I would then lock the mastery until it’s been updated and works as intended.

That would've been the sensible thing to do but.........