**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Let's talk about Emma

Hey Kabam,
If you are going to give a champ the ability to invert controls with their special attacks, at least give them even the slightest delay between their special attack activation and the attack making contact so that we actually have the chance to know what's going on and adjust our thumb swipes accordingly (PS. you got it right with Infinity Thanos). We are basically getting hit with Frost's special 1 as soon as it activates, on top of the control inversion, which I don't think is fair at all.

I might just quit the game because of this latest cash grab (cue "Bye Felicia" and "You will be missed" jokes).

Comments

• DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    Geez, 2 dashes forward is not that hard

• godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    BoCass wrote: »
    Hey Kabam,
    If you are going to give a champ the ability to invert controls with their special attacks, at least give them even the slightest delay between their special attack activation and the attack making contact so that we actually have the chance to know what's going on and adjust our thumb swipes accordingly (PS. you got it right with Infinity Thanos). We are basically getting hit with Frost's special 1 as soon as it activates, on top of the control inversion, which I don't think is fair at all.

I might just quit the game because of this latest cash grab (cue "Bye Felicia" and "You will be missed" jokes).

you forgot "get good" :D I don't disagree however
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Another thread? Why? And she is doable, not easy, by no means easy. But doable, if you at least are willing to spend some time learning how to counter her specials.
    I've not started Uncollected yet, for the simple reason that it's a waste of time to blindly start in on an opponent that's new, buffed to her rim, and has a mechanic that everyone knows needs getting used to.

Others have already given more than a few examples of champs that can handle her, why not go through the boards and have a look at what's been said already? Or look at this clip, it has good info on how to fight her:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRJhfNup8QU&frags=pl%2Cwn
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Remember Thanos IW? He had inverted controls. And I don’t recall the level of crying over him, that Emma has gotten. And his duration was longer.
    Oh and just because you said it.

nxsy84ysaxvm.gif
    Geez, 2 dashes forward is not that hard

Yep.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    there's far worse out there, she's not that hard once you get the hang of her. if you're not prepared for it, she's going to wreck you. practice on Heroic, and Master even. use 2 or 3*s and get the hang of it. the only thing that makes her tough are the inverted controls. and once you got that down she's manageable.

Now to point out the OPs comments about the Special tell, you must prepare for it much like you would a Yellow Jacket and end on a 4 hit combo when they are over a bar of power. and as soon as the screen goes dark and does her tell you swipe forward, delay swipe forward again when her arm comes down and then swipe back right away to counter her. She's not easy, no one is saying that, but eventually you'll be able to fight her forever.
  • ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    Corvus is the answer
  • Abolitionist333_Abolitionist333_ Posts: 426
    edited September 2018
    Jus use champs like Juggs, Magneto, Unstoppable Collosus.. They’re immune to the inverted mind controls

• HeretodieHeretodie Posts: 126
    edited September 2018
    There’s 4 mabye 5 champs that make the fight easy, the rest of it is graphics delay issues which is extremely pestering for a lot of players. Myself included, in this, I can dodge her **** no problem and just die to an interception right after her special. Its anothe fight ment to drain resources and that’s what pisses people off. Not to say it’s not possible, it’s just a resource burner when Kabam can’t get rid off fractional graphics delays.
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    Jus use champs like Juggs, Magneto, Unstoppable Collosus.. They’re immune to the inverted mind controls

you have those champs ranked :o lol
  • Why do we need yet another one of these threads? Guys jump on YouTube, practice on heroic and master! Let guys like myself that don’t mind burning some pots and revives figure the difficult stuff out and then instead of complain, ask for help! She not impossible! She’s mildly difficult, and chances are unless your intercept game is god tier on its own you’re probably still gonna have to use a revive or two. It’s uncollected! It is supposed to test you and make you reach into the stash a little.
  • Just need to deal with the Inverted controls 1 time. Use AOU Vision. Spam his SP1 and power drain her. She is not immune to power control. If the inverted controls are to difficult, then avoid them completely. It is still not an easy fight but plenty doable.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    I kinda agree with the delay thing ... Her AI in the quest is one thing, but she will be a problem in the future when she is released. A player can't even create distance, inverted controls kick in without any delay and basically is game over from there (Thanos had a delay here, and people could actually evade his first attack by dashing backwards). Intercept won't work either because the first part of her special is multi-hit and players get struck mid them while dashing forward.
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    She isn't as bad as people are saying actually once you get used to her it's not hard watch videos and educate yourself before you break yourself on forums!
  • When I fought her and finished her off in uncollected yesterday I watched a couple live streams after she koed one of my champs. The only time after I got her timing down that her s1 connected(other than user error and I dashed directly into her special... ooos lol)was when she would use an s1 and then immediately follow it with another. Honestly even that is just bad luck and bad timing on my part and still only happened maybe three times in the corse of 100% completion.
    I've gotten pretty used to her having gone through Heroic and Master both.

One thing that needs saying (because I ran into it with a face that must have been funny to look at) is that if you do miss an L1 evade and have a powersting going... her description states her base damage when you do a special.. It does more than that... It is an instakill and all you see is 'KO'. You don't even drop. It's just 'KO', and done.

So not having been in uncollected yet, and not knowing yet whether you even survive a missed L1 (probably not judging from the overall anger at the inverse controls), that is something to keep in mind whenever (if) you do Master mode at some point. If it doesn't kill you off the bat, the after effect of triggering a special will..
  • It has been said once already but allow me to beat it into your brain. Juggy mags and UC all counter her inverted controls. Use them and you don't have to worry about the intercept. If you dont have them ranked now would be a good time to do so because we will undoubtedly see her on war defense as well. And you will need someone to counter her.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    She's a bit irritating, but not a road block.

I like that Juggs and Magneto are immune, as per comics canon (well done!); but having gone so far as to recognise that, why can she still affect robots?
  • TaxTax Posts: 105

I'm not doubting this is true, but how do you know this? What other champs are immune to inverted controls?
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    This is what happens when you run out of ideas you start messing with the controls and think it's a fun feature. Don't get me wrong with thanos it was cool and made sense he was a top boss of the game and needed to be unique but the way it was given to Emma made no sense.
    Tax wrote: »

I'm not doubting this is true, but how do you know this? What other champs are immune to inverted controls?

This has to do with comics canon really.
    In the comics, Magneto's helmet shields him from telepathy.

Same goes for Juggs' helmet that is basically magically attached to him through the gem of Cyttorak. By extension, Unst. Col. has the same (since more or less robbed Juggs from it in a storyline in the comics).

It's good it translated to the game though.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    I bought a new car some days ago. But every time I stopped on a red light he would reverse pedals for a couple of seconds, making me hit the brakes to accelerate and vice versa. I took him to the mecanic and they fixed the malfunction.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Every time I see Emma Frost's icon picture, I see Sweet Dee from It's Always Sunny. The resemblance is...uncanny.

x98v5rjs1ijh.jpg
    oja8fikdzyj3.jpg

• ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »

Same goes for Juggs' helmet that is basically magically attached to him through the gem of Cyttorak. By extension, Unst. Col. has the same (since more or less robbed Juggs from it in a storyline in the comics).

Are you trolling?
  • *sigh* no he is not trolling. He speaks the truth. Read a book every now and then guys. Couldn't hurt.
    Thank you. It's strange being called a troll for something that was even used in X-Men: First Class as far as Magneto goes..
  • Bapoi wrote: »

Are you trolling?

Are you trolling........ Dude made an insightful comment into the characters abilities and you mock him? But I did see a comment that really made me question. @Bapoi can you possibly explain why she still effects robots? Honestly the only one I would think she could possibly control would be vision and that’s only because of the mind stone itself. The rest of the robots don’t have brain to control. Food for thought.